New addon "Currencies updates" is available for testing

We are glad to introduce a new addon for CS-Cart. It is called “Currencies updates”. As you can guess, this addon will help you to automatically update currency rates from different data providers. One click and you will see the result on the screen. Also functionality for the cron is available too.

Download link:

[url=“http://alexions.simtechdev.com/download/currencies_updates_0.1.tgz”]http://alexions.simtechdev.com/download/currencies_updates_0.1.tgz[/url]

Install this addon and open the settings page.

[QUOTE]

Add-on settings:

1. Data provider: name of the service to get data from.

2. Script name of your own data provider: the filename of your own script.

You can make your own scripts ;)

The script must be in “addons/currencies_updates/providers/” directory.

If you want to add your script to select box on the currencies page, make neccessary changes in “addons/currencies_updates/config.php”.

There are two scripts for test purposes,

you can set name of own script to “xe_free” and “oadna_free”.

It’s highly not recommended to use it at all. Please read the license agreement of those services before trying to test it.

3. Change updated rate (multiply by add. coef.):

If you want to change updated rate, turn this setting on. You will may to set additional coefficient on the currencies page.

Rates after updating will be multiplied by this coef.

There are posibility to use addon with cron:

The path to script must be like

admin.php?dispatch=currencies.cron_import&cron_password=MYPASS

Please change default password.

[/QUOTE]

Go the currencies page and test new functions.

Please test this addon and let me know the results, whether or not we should improve something or correct any bugs.

If you like it, we will include this addon in the next release.

Thank you. I will look forward to your feedback.

You mean this method is for updating automatically currency exchange ?

[quote name=‘miracles’]You mean this method is for updating automatically currency exchange ?[/QUOTE]

Currency rates will be updated automatically only if you set up your cron script with url

admin.php?dispatch=currencies.cron_import&cron_password=your_password. Before this you must set up the addon.

lynx -dump [url]http://domain.com/subdomain/admin.php?dispatch=currencies.cron_import&cron_password=MYPASS[/url]

-=-=

Access denied

-=-=–==

what i have to do?

Thanks.

1. If yours admin path changed. Standard like admin.php …

But if you change yours path to admin_custom.php…

paste code with custom link, not admin.php …

2. After place link

There are no selected currencies for updating.

Where select?

Ups… i find in admin currencies, sorry … check box need select

[quote name=‘market’]lynx -dump [url]http://domain.com/subdomain/admin.php?dispatch=currencies.cron_import&cron_password=MYPASS[/url]

-=-=

Access denied

-=-=–==

what i have to do?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Change cron_password in add-on settings.

Clear the cache: admin.php?cc

Try to open link admin.php?dispatch=currencies.cron_import&cron_password=your_pass

Access denied displayed only in two cases:

1. incorrect cron password
  2. in case of direct access to the script without opening admin.php. (not your case)

i did all that, but still have a problem.

when i do it from opera like :

[url]http://mydomain.com/test/admin.php?dispatch=currencies.cron_import&cron_password=123456[/url]

all OK

When i do it from cron,

my cron command:

lynx -dump [url]http://mydomain.com/test/admin.php?dispatch=currencies.cron_import&cron_password=123456[/url] > /dev/null

Access denied

Получилось настроить крон с помощю вот такой команды:

php /home/user/public_html/admin.php --dispatch=currencies.cron_import --cron_password=MYPASS /dev/null

Не удалось обновить курс российского рубля с “cbr.ru

Большая прозьба в след версии аддона, добавить провайдера “НБУ - Национальный банк Украины” -очень нужно!

приложили скрин с админки - чуть некоректное отображение в ОПЕРЕ, в других браузерах не тестировал. Говорю сразу, так отображается и без установки вашего аддона, тоесть и в стандартной - 2.0.13-2.0.14 вериях, но на всякий случай приложил.

[ATTACH]1743[/ATTACH]

при использовании комманды для крона с “lynx” - тоже получилось настроить, но чо то глючновато, наверное моих знаний нехватило, покрайней мере тот правильный вариант команды который я отписал постом выше - выдавал - “Доступ запрещён”

Спасибо за аддон, его нужно обязательно “отточить” и приложить в стандартную комплектацию CS-Cart.

Без імені.jpg

Your should use command

lynx -dump "http://mydomain.com/test/admin.php?dispatch=currencies.cron_import&cron_password=123456"

URL must be in quotes, because “&” is special character.

2tl-

I just tested this - both manual import and with a CRON job - and have to say it works very nicely. I like that you included the ability to adjust the new rate by a user-specified factor. Thanks for a very nice addon!

Bob

I wonder why so few people have tested this - there were quite a few people requesting this in both the forums and the Bug Tracker. I find it kind of disappointing that people come to these forums (or the Bug Tracker) and complain away but won’t take the time to test a proposed solution. I don’t even use multiple currencies but figured I could at least test this. Sadly, I think some people just prefer to complain.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]2tl-

I just tested this - both manual import and with a CRON job - and have to say it works very nicely. I like that you included the ability to adjust the new rate by a user-specified factor. Thanks for a very nice addon!

Bob[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the kind words, jobosales!

[quote name=‘jobosales’]I wonder why so few people have tested this - there were quite a few people requesting this in both the forums and the Bug Tracker. I find it kind of disappointing that people come to these forums (or the Bug Tracker) and complain away but won’t take the time to test a proposed solution. I don’t even use multiple currencies but figured I could at least test this. Sadly, I think some people just prefer to complain.

Bob[/quote]

That’s correct Bob, People here are just whiny *****es with nothing else to do except say “This **** ain’t good enough until it has rainbows and unicorns” effectively meaning they know squat about their store.

Personally I have no use for it, otherwise I would have tested it (like the Quick Search Addon :))

I would prefer taking currency exchange rates from paypal as their rates are lower when anywhere else…:cool:

[quote name=‘Darius’]I would prefer taking currency exchange rates from paypal as their rates are lower when anywhere else…:cool:[/QUOTE]

Have Paypal any export service for this rates? Or there is a simple HTML page? Can you provide me with it address? May be paypal exchange rates will be included in the next version of the addon.

Sorry i do not understand it why it doesnt work. Get when i open direct the link in the browser with password “Access denied” but why?

O.K. now i have found my failure

must use this link

“admin.php?dispatch=currencies.cron_import&cron_password=123456” in the first post is the link wrong formated…

And now i must search where i can add the currencies? because i get everytime “ere are no selected currencies for updating.”

[quote name=‘2tl’]Have Paypal any export service for this rates? Or there is a simple HTML page? Can you provide me with it address? May be paypal exchange rates will be included in the next version of the addon.[/QUOTE]

I do not think they have a page with displayed currency exchange rates. But am saying that their rates are always lower then what is available in elsewhere, they take great profit on this…

Darius, do you know where i can add currencies? I get every time "“There are no selected currencies for updating.”

Thanks very much!

[quote name=‘Triplex’]Darius, do you know where i can add currencies? I get every time "“There are no selected currencies for updating.”

Thanks very much![/QUOTE]

I do not have this mod installed. I see no point in having up to date currencies when all payment processors use their own $ to euro exchange rates…