Product details page

Product detail page layout already good before it changed in version 2.0.13. But maybe you could add “New Product” or “Featured Product” label.

Hello Lovely Angel :wink:

I like the previous one, but maybe you can come up with 3 different designs where people can select one of them?

1. The old one
  2. The new one [with Add to Cart back to its original location]
  3. The custom one, which we will discuss here.

Thank you.

great Angel

nice to see evolution of templates… BUT it is odd nad seen as “bad” to change the deafult behaviour of a common tempalte like product details from 2.0.12 → 2.0.13

it should be at least an option “use new style”

Hi,

I agree with Norman. I would not get rid of the current layout, but add optional layouts. Something like what you have with different category layouts.

You already have an option to show tabs or not on the product detail page. A couple of new options may be useful.

I had a very bad experiance with another cart. I bought the cart based on the features and layout. The cart was upgraded. The layout and features were " improved", but not for me. Never used the cart.

What is an improvement for some and a degredation for others.

I would be very carefull in making changes.

Good example is the current " add to cart" button that just got moved in 2.013. Now, cart ownders have to get the code to put it back the way it was, not upgrade or wait until 2.014.

I would like to know why CS-CART thinks the product detail page needs a redesing. What is the motiviation to make any changes?

Thanks,

Bob

The block function of CS-Cart is really a good feature to move the blocks to other positions.

But it would be nice if the user could simply choose generally the column design like:

1. 2 columns - sidebar left
  2. 2 columns - sidebar right
  3. 3 columns

My idea would be something like a puzzle block manager fror product details page or more…

If only one red block then it can stretch full length or its length could be manually set.

If not then you would have 3 columns. Each black block can contain many red blocks. Red blocks can easily be moved to any black block.

Block could have a manually set bg picture or added html code…

[quote name=‘Darius’]My idea would be something like a puzzle block manager fror product details page or more…

[/quote]

[SIZE=7][COLOR=red]I LIKE IT![/COLOR][/SIZE]

Similar to Darius.

Put the reviews or star ratings below the product images.

Like buy.com or circuitcity.com

[url]http://www.buy.com/prod/kingston-2gb-microsd-secure-digital-card-w-full-size-sd-adapter/q/loc/101/204205094.html[/url]

[url]http://www.circuitcity.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=5642147&sku=T70-10100&cm_re=Homepage-_-spot%2003-_-CatID_17_T70-10100[/url]

How pricing and discount display on product detail page is more important.

For example:

if list price is $100, than set actual price $90, it will show:

LIST PRICE $100,

PRICE %90 and

YOU SAVE $10 or 10%.

But if you add an additional 10% discount promotion, it will show:

OLD PRICE $90,

PRICE $81 and

YOU SAVE 10%.

Actually this is almost 20% discount from list price, but LIST PRICE don’t show.

How could we tell customer that we give them almost 20% discount, because only show 10%.

I think It should be:

LIST PRICE $100,

OUR PRICE $90

LATEST PRICE $81, and You Save $19 or ( about 20%)

Thank you

A more detailed block management of the actual product details page section would be interesting like darius is suggesting. This would be contained within the confines of the product page, encased inside it’s main central block, at least that is how I picture it.

I agree with ymrz on showing multiple discounts on an item better through the default functionality.

If the custom block design for the product page cannot be done then could you at least allow us to position custom blocks on the product page above the tabs section and below the product’s main section? Currently it can only be completely above the product information, a part of the tabs, or below the tabs.

I agree that we need options - the change in 2.0.13 was a huge mistake. Give us 2-3 options (like with category lists) or, better yet, the flexibility to layout the product details page using blocks.

And yes, reflect the total discount when multiple discounts are given.

Bob

I agree a block layout would be ideal, but at least having the option on which layout to use out of a handful of options would be a fair solution as well. I agree on the price discount point as well.

[quote name=‘hyteckit’]Similar to Darius.

Put the reviews or star ratings below the product images.

Like buy.com or circuitcity.com

[url]http://www.buy.com/prod/kingston-2gb-microsd-secure-digital-card-w-full-size-sd-adapter/q/loc/101/204205094.html[/url]

[url]http://www.circuitcity.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=5642147&sku=T70-10100&cm_re=Homepage-_-spot%2003-_-CatID_17_T70-10100[/url][/QUOTE]

I am suggesting putting anything anywhere whatever it is rating stars or else… Its just a portion of hooks moving op or down left or right

Hello Angel,

It seems pretty simple to me. You took what was considered by the majority to be a fine product page layout, and then changed it to a layout that now everyone is scrambling to change back to the way it was! :wink:

I would however like to see the Product Review Ratings Stars turned into a clickable link which would direct people to the product reviews tab. The reviews are rather hidden as they are now!

Darius, that is a great idea, would love to see something like that introduced - I have always found the blank space to the right of the product page a complete waste.

Ability to adjust size of text, eg price would be good.

Have seen on other carts things like the shipping weight of the item, or the typical cost to deliver the product. Not useful to everyone but the option would be good for all.

This is another suggestion:

When setting the product avail on later date ( 10 in stock, Can Buy in Advanced ):

see attachment.

current display:

1. Show “in Stock” label.
  2. Show “Add to Cart” Button
  3. Message " This product we be available on…"

I think it is not good, It should be:
  4. Don’t show “in stock” label.
  5. “Add to Cart” button change into “Preorder” button.
  6. Show message " This product we be available on…"

Than you

prod_detail.jpg

[quote name=‘ymrz’]This is another suggestion:

When setting the product avail on later date ( 10 in stock, Can Buy in Advanced ):

see attachment.

current display:

1. Show “in Stock” label.
  2. Show “Add to Cart” Button
  3. Message " This product we be available on…"

I think it is not good, It should be:
  4. Don’t show “in stock” label.
  5. “Add to Cart” button change into “Preorder” button.
  6. Show message " This product we be available on…“

[/QUOTE]

This is similar to my suggestions in this Feature Request:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=1735[/url]

I woud prefer to show “Backordered” for the stock. I would also prefer that we could set the 'backordered” status with a checkbox on the product independently of the date and inventory amount. This would allow for the additional situation where the “available since” date is passed but stock is still not received.

I like the idea of changing the “Add to cart” button to “Preorder” when “Buy in advance” is checked.

Bob

Angel,

Will you be adding your layout designs to the lab cart so we can see them and comment?

Thanks,

Bob

[quote name=‘Struck’]

I would however like to see the Product Review Ratings Stars turned into a clickable link which would direct people to the product reviews tab. The reviews are rather hidden as they are now![/QUOTE]

I posted some modifications for reviews that will make a read reviews link that can be called on the homepage, list view and on a product page. This could be easily modified to make just the stars image linkable.

[quote name=‘angel’]At the moment I am working on the following improvement: a details page will have several layouts that will be selected in the Admin panel.

If you liked the design of some other site and want CS-Cart to look the same, please post the screenshots and the links to the details pages of these sites here.

I will create the layout sketches basing on your preferences.[/QUOTE]

I would like selectable layout to have least few:

1. Current one

2. Design without tabs. I’ve seen cs-cart sites, product details pages where are no tabs. Send to friend, features and tags blocks were in a row one below other.