Reveal my customer's password

Our customers call in all the time to verify their username passwords. How can I make the admin reveal the password?

I might be wrong but I don’t think you can see their passwords. That would be a security issue. They are most likely encrypted in the database so if the customer cannot remember it they will need to use the ‘forgot/recover your password’ feature of the website so they can create a new password.

The customer has to have an active account with you, then he/she can reset his password after clicking on the “Sign up” link. See attachement.

image-068-a.jpg

I understand why this is a desirable functionality of the cart. Customers do like it though when they can call in and get it from us. Sometimes it takes so long to to instruct them how it’s easier and more cost effective to just look it up for them. It would be a nice option for the config file.

[quote name='JB_1975' timestamp='1274453166' post='80646']

I understand why this is a desirable functionality of the cart. Customers do like it though when they can call in and get it from us. Sometimes it takes so long to to instruct them how it's easier and more cost effective to just look it up for them. It would be a nice option for the config file.

[/quote]

Were you ever able to figure out how to do this? I'd like to be able to just tell my customers the password too. Much easier than walking them through changing it.