PHP integration

Hello everyone,

I have created a php file to run a mysql command to pull information regarding a promotion that I am running. I am looking for the php to establish a product_id association for the day that I run my promotion. The promotion is a deal of the day promotion, which you can see the specifics here:

[URL=“http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=15752&page=7”]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=15752&page=7[/URL]

I established {include file=‘DOD.php’} in my main.tpl file.

Here is the code for DOD.php file

[QUOTE]{literal}

FileName=“Connection_php_mysql.htm”

Type=“MYSQL”

HTTP=“true”

$hostname_DOD = “xxxxxxxx”;

$database_DOD = “xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”;

$username_DOD = “xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”;

$password_DOD = “xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”;

$DOD = mysql_pconnect($hostname_DOD, $username_DOD, $password_DOD) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);

if (!function_exists(“GetSQLValueString”)) {

function GetSQLValueString($theValue, $theType, $theDefinedValue = “”, $theNotDefinedValue = “”)

{

if (PHP_VERSION < 6) {

$theValue = get_magic_quotes_gpc() ? stripslashes($theValue) : $theValue;

}

$theValue = function_exists(“mysql_real_escape_string”) ? mysql_real_escape_string($theValue) : mysql_escape_string($theValue);

switch ($theType) {

case “text”:

$theValue = ($theValue != “”) ? “'” . $theValue . “'” : “NULL”;

break;

case “long”:

case “int”:

$theValue = ($theValue != “”) ? intval($theValue) : “NULL”;

break;

case “double”:

$theValue = ($theValue != “”) ? doubleval($theValue) : “NULL”;

break;

case “date”:

$theValue = ($theValue != “”) ? “'” . $theValue . “'” : “NULL”;

break;

case “defined”:

$theValue = ($theValue != “”) ? $theDefinedValue : $theNotDefinedValue;

break;

}

return $theValue;

}

}

mysql_select_db($database_DOD, $DOD);

$query_Recordset1 = “SELECT product_id FROM cscart_product_features_values WHERE value_int = CURDATE()”;

$Recordset1 = mysql_query($query_Recordset1, $DOD) or die(mysql_error());

$row_Recordset1 = mysql_fetch_assoc($Recordset1);

$totalRows_Recordset1 = mysql_num_rows($Recordset1);

[COLOR=“Red”]$product = $row_Recordset1[‘product_id’];[/COLOR]

?>{/literal}

{literal} mysql_free_result($Recordset1);
?>{/literal} [/QUOTE]

I am trying to pass the variable $product to javascript so that I can establish a link association with my promotion on my home page.

Can anyone see what I am doing wrong here. I am not familiar with smarty syntax, so I’m guessing that is where I am going wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Only JavaScript is surrounded by the {literal} tags, all php code that is within templates need to be surrounded by the php tags {php}your php code{/php}

-Sno

I FINALLY got it!!

You have to use the absolute path when including the file and you need to use include_php vs. include:

{include_php file=“/absolute/path/to/test.php”}

Then, the file test.php does not need any {php} tags within it. You just use the regular php.

echo "This works!!"
?>

so if you fix the code you use to include the file and then clean up the code to remove the {php} and {literal} tags, it should work.

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH OGIA!!!

It worked perfectly!!!

I am going to finalize the deal of the day promotion today. I will post the link under the original thread. I can give insight as to how I set everything up!!!

Thanks again,

Jeff