• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Live Help beta 2 Rate Topic   - - - - -

• RSW
  • Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:22 PM #21

OK, I got it.
had not noticed that I needed upload the var.... files as well.
I unzipped locally and uploaded the addon only.
I unzipped it again to another folder to check things and found that I missed half of it.

• jagorny
  • Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:09 PM #22

A bit of additional feedback regarding the live help - which is live and kicking and has been very useful for me this easter season.

1) When the site hits resource saturation and cannot serve up pages, live help automatically disconnects and logs out. It would be more helpful for me to see a warning that allows me to continue to work. What happens now - say I am writing a message to a customer - the connection lost window appears and says it cannot authenticate. I am kicked out - work is lost. However, I should still be able to write messages and have them queue so that if and when I AM able to get back on-line, the messages written off-line can be sent.

2) In the chat history, it appears that only offline messages that are replied to get saved. My guess it that this happens in order to curb spam filling the database - is that correct? At first I was unhappy with it, but then it made a bit more sense to me.

3) In chat history detail, when viewing a message, the link to the person's email who sent the message displays incorrectly (the html anchor tags are visible - possible getting encoded or the escaping mechanism is set in the wrong order - i.e. you are castrating form input with escaping and replacements but that it happening to the email address after the anchor tags have already been applied).
Jacob Gorny

www.orthodoxmarketplace.com - CS-Cart 2.2.4 Pro (Dedicated)

• jagorny
  • Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:22 PM #23

A few things interface-wise.

1) When replying to an offline message, the message does not get flagged as 'read' - only when you open a message and close it without replying.

2) There needs to be a button to "hide read messages" from the off-line message list.
Jacob Gorny

• jagorny
  • Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:33 PM #24

I am posting this here because I have not yet tested live help beta 3 to see if these issues are resolved, however I have noted in this screencast that with live help beta 2 enabled, the ajax add to cart functionality does not respond reliably to typical customer behavior:

http://www.orthodoxm.../1845/1845.html

There is a noticeable performance hit when live help is enabled in general, but for add to cart calls to 'take' and stay in the cart, a longer wait time is needed before navigating to other parts of the site - otherwise products drop out of the cart despite ajax windows and page updates stating they have been added.
Jacob Gorny