• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Compare Prestashop Vs CS-Cart Rate Topic   - - - - -

• WebWatch
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:20 AM #61

I'd start now with 2.2.4 and just upgrade later. The decision is simple, each day your cart isn't running, your competition is taking your profit from you.

Yes, as soon as I saw your response I felt it is the right thing to do.
I do have my old ISC cart up and running, so I'm not losing out completely.

I'd ask yourself the question: "What is in V3 that I must have and why can't I get by without it?"

All I need is in v2.2.4 already and that's the reason I purchased the license.
So, I will finish up and release.

Then look into v3 and see when the suitable time would be to upgrade.

Thanks for all your input.

CS-Cart 4.4.3

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4941 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:11 PM #62

Presta has come a long way in te last year but, not up to CS cart overall standards yet

John

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• tigerbabba
  • Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:24 AM #63

CS-Cart need to step up - they have add-ons but they dont have a proper section at cs-cart.com which would allow people to upload their add-ons so they can be purchase as a third party tool, reason why prestashop,opencart and all those carts are successful because of a bunch of modules , addons and themes they offer, I didn't see one good social marketing addons for CS-Cart , not even developed by the company, its a cart yes but its not up to standards if you compare among 3dcart,Volusion and Open Source carts like prestashop and opencart, at least go with market trend, atleast social marketting tools , excellent conversion tracking tools but there is nothing as far as I can tell or may be I am missing this whole cs-cart ? With new CS-Cart 3.xxx they only have one THEME ?? :grin: - This is just my opinion - may be I am wrong.
Currently using CS-Cart 4.x
Fortigate Firewalls

• Guest_ericbb_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:23 PM #64

prestashop. period.

why? it is written OO. cs-cart is not and hence, when you want to do some nifty stuff as a programmer it is without a doubt thatyou have to overwrite some core files which means upgrading is a real pain in the ***.

in prestashop you can make overwrites, which means you overwrite a class without touching any core file. great stuff.

if you don't intend to do any programming and are happy what the platform has to offer, then pick what you like best. basically it is a matter of taste then. But is you need to make your own alterings to the program because there is no ready made solution or that solution means overwriting your core files, then go for Prestashop.

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:46 PM #65

Prestashop is fine for beginners (or programmers with too much spare time on their hands), however, most seasoned, legitimate businesses will quickly realize that Prestashop is only a stepping stone to a more business ready solution such as CS-Cart.
Cooking with Gas on Version 4.1.2 (But proceeding with caution....)

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4941 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:50 PM #66

legitimate businesses will quickly realize that Prestashop is only a stepping stone to a more business ready solution such as CS-Cart.

Very true, I learned this..Oscommerce...Byee, Cre loaded, Byee... Prestashop..ohh maybe, not not quite, Byee, Cs cart hello hello hello, your the one for me baby.

A bit like my first and subsequent cars really (by cars do I mean girlfriends???)

john

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:57 PM #67

A bit like my first and subsequent cars really (by cars do I mean girlfriends???)

John, you need to find a Cougar (and I don't mean a Mercury Cougar) :ph34r:
Cooking with Gas on Version 4.1.2 (But proceeding with caution....)