• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cart modification - Deal of the day function Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:39 PM #141

Between the two threads dealing with this, there seem to be several partial solutions being tested.

Are we any closer to a solid solution? Is the paid version still being worked on?

• ogia
  • Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:04 PM #142

We got refunds on the paid version and aren't pursuing that anymore. I have everything I need and it works great. I have 2 sites and have implemented it in different ways. The only thing I'd consider a partial solution is my way of using a block to display the DOTD. I hacked up the popularity data since I personally found it useless. The alternative is the use php to display it, but I'll probably be using the block when I launch this.
CS-Cart 2.1.3 | Selling downloads
I recommend Newsletter Integration with Mailchimp

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:10 PM #143

Do you have a link to the setup you have running?

• ogia
  • Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:26 PM #144

Do you have a link to the setup you have running?

I pm'd you the links.

• knoxbury
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:54 PM #145

I haven't read EVERY post in this thread, but how is what you all are talking about different than this mod?
http://www.webgraphi...tandard-v2.html

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2633 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:46 PM #146

I installed this addon about a week ago and have been really, really happy with it. Check it out using my signature below.

Brandon

• knoxbury
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:10 PM #147

I installed this addon about a week ago and have been really, really happy with it. Check it out using my signature below.

Brandon

That's great, but I'm trying to figure out how this addon differs from what the people in this thread are trying to put together.

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2633 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:07 PM #148

Well the biggest difference is that it is done while the one we wanted to do isn't going to get done.

The Webgraphiq addon is basically exactly what I wanted from the get go. You can schedule out the daily deals for as far as you want. Then they are displayed with a countdown clock. This addon actually adds the email option which is pretty cool.

The Webgraphiq addon is set up so that you can use the promotions along with this addon to schedule out as many daily deals as you want. I just set mine up once a week to run on the different days. You could schedule them once a month or probably even longer.

I'm not exactly sure what else to say about it, but it is basically, more or less, what is discussed in this thread.

Hope that helps,

Brandon

• ogia
  • Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:20 AM #149

It sounds like it's like what we described here. I think he probably followed this thread. I would have bought it if I hadn't already done the same thing for free. In addition to Glen's small modification I have a couple of cron jobs set up. I added some php to designate the deal of the day on the product page and added the countdown timer.

The version with the email alerts looks cool. I have set up a separate email list (I don't use cs-cart's built-in newsletter) so I will have to set up mailings manually. I might consider switching to his mod if scheduling newsletters turns out to be too much work.

• Triplex
  • Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:08 PM #150

Here isnt going further? Where is the Addon on Sno´s Shop?

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:59 AM #151

http://www.webgraphi...tandard-v2.html
Cooking with Gas on Version 4.1.2 (But proceeding with caution....)

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:18 PM #152

That looks pretty cool! Has anyone tried changing out the clock animation? That is the first thing I would lose though.

NM - just saw it's a GIF so should be no problemo to do a switch-a-roo.

NM - saw it is $69 bucks!
Web development in progress with CS-Cart 3.x

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:20 AM #153

Has anyone else bought the Deal of the Day with Alerts from webgraphiq? I've found the 'alerts' e-mails look rather bland and wondered a) if anyone has customised these, B) is it possible to put other info into this e-mail, such as current site promotions, random best sellers, random top rated products, etc. Thanks
Hire StellarBytes for CS-Cart Design & Development Services