• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cart modification - Deal of the day function Rate Topic   - - - - -

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:05 PM #21

Unfortunately it won't work for me... I had proposed some changes to make it more flexible but they would probably increase the cost. I guess I will have to get my own addon done.

From what I understand the Daily Deals Addon is going to do exactly this, wasn't this the main functionality required for the addon?
SNOROCKET.COM, Now Accepting PRE-ORDERS:
Customer Service (Helpdesk) Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1
Quote and Invoicing Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1

• ogia
  • Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:10 PM #22

:confused: These are the 2 main limitations for me:

4. It will be possible to select only one product for each day.
5. The promotion will work for the specified product in the certain day of the week

CS-Cart 2.1.3 | Selling downloads
I recommend Newsletter Integration with Mailchimp

• shipweb
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:34 PM #23

I believe Brandon made an error there. The reason that the cost went from $600 to $760 is because of the specification change. I don't think he made the change on the project spec sheet.
shipfreejewelry.com

CS-Cart version 2.0.11

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:10 PM #24

:confused: These are the 2 main limitations for me:

As shipweb mentioned above, the detailed description posted is incorrect, the 2 items you pointed out we corrected and this is why the price jumped $160 to $760.

The addon will work as you need it too, however we need to make sure CS understands exactly what we intend the end result to be, otherwise they will make it how they think it should work, which is usually incorrect - Sno

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2633 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:11 PM #25

I apologize for the confusion about the details. CS-Cart said that those additional features would be $80.00 each so it would bring the total up to $760.00.

This is what the description should say and if it is ok with everyone this is what I'll have CS-Cart change it to:

The ""Daily deal" promotion" modification.

1. We will expand the functionality of the 'Promotions' module in this addon.
2. We will add the ability to set the "Daily deal product" condition in the "Conditions" tab on the catalog promotion details page.
3. After selecting the "Daily deal product" condition it will be possible to select a product and a day of the week.
4. The ability to add several products to the "Daily deal" promotion
5. The promotion will work for the specified product in the certain day of the week.
6. This condition will be available only for catalog promotions.
7. We will add the ability to create a block with the "Daily deal" content. It will display all products discounted by the "Daily deal product" promotion condition today with their thumbnail images, names, regular prices and discounted prices in a standard CS-Cart design. Products will be gathered in sections by different promotions. After clicking on either an image or a name a customer will be redirected to the product details page.
8. The "Daily deal" block will also display a clock for each promotion section that will count down the time that is left for the promotion. Basically that would be a 24 hours clock that would go from 24.00 to 0.00.

9.Ability to select a single "Daily deal" promotion for a block so that it will be possible to display different daily deals on different pages.

• shipweb
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:46 PM #26

SNO and Brandon,

I understand that we have to collect donations to get this going. How long does it typically take to CS-Cart programmers to develop something of this magnitude?

<~~~ As you can see, still a rookie over here

I am looking for a hard launch in May, I have time, but I also need to modify the modification once I receive the code.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff
shipfreejewelry.com

CS-Cart version 2.0.11

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2633 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:01 PM #27

According to CS-Cart, they can start work on this in 2 weeks and then it will take them 6 days to complete the project.

My thoughts are that there probably would be another weeks worth of testing and bug fixes on top of that, but Sno probably knows more about that than me.

Brandon

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:31 PM #28

We only have 1 donation so far, and even if we had 3 or 4 donations we'll be way off. We may have a better chance getting the addon done by posting this in the new ideas section to be voted on - Sno

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2633 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:57 PM #29

I can't donate until tomorrow when I get paid, but I plan on putting at least $100.00 towards it.

What do you mean by the new ideas section Sno?

I also contacted CS-Cart about what Ogia wanted. Here is what I said:

Could you please add those 2 additional features to this project and re-write the description. We have moved along on collecting donations, but want this to be as clear as possible so that there won't be any confusion about what is being developed.
I also had another user, Ogia, ask about having the option to have the daily deal done by date instead of by day of week. Basically she wants to set this up so that she can have a product on a certain day of the month. She would then be able to go in once a month and assign the products for the whole month.
What would the cost be to do that?

This is how CS-Cart replied:

Thank you for the confirmation.
We will update the task description as soon as we discuss all necessary features.
As for the daily deal based on a date, we can develop this ability instead of the one based on a day of a week. We will add a standard CS-Cart date picker with an input box. This feature will add extra USD 80 to the total project cost.
Or if you would like this ability integrated as well as the original one (daily deal based on a day of a week) then this will add extra USD 160 to the total project cost.
Please let me know your decision.

Personally, if there is a date picker than I would see no reason for the day of week thing. So for what Ogia wants it would be another $80.00 which would bring the total up to $840.00.

I plan on donating $100.00 tomorrow and there is already $75.00, but that is still way off from what we need. If anyone else is interested in this please go and donate to:

http://www.snorocket...eals-addon.html

Thank you,

Brandon

• ogia
  • Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:02 PM #30

Unfortunately I'm guessing it will take them longer than the estimated time. They are working on a custom addon for me right now that was supposed to be done 2 weeks ago.

(edited - never mind this part - didn't see the update )

• shipweb
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:08 PM #31

hmmmm

Will this be an add on for a future version of cs-cart?

or will they release the add on?
shipfreejewelry.com

CS-Cart version 2.0.11

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:13 PM #32

hmmmm

Will this be an add on for a future version of cs-cart

Nope, although sometimes they implement something similar. But don't bet on it.
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2633 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:15 PM #33

I've had CS-Cart do another modification for me for the configurator and my changes never appeared on future releases even though what I had done made the configurator work much better. I agree with Jesse about not wanting to bet on this being in future releases, but you never know.

As for a time frame, all I can say is that CS-Cart has told me they can begin this in 2 weeks and then it will take 6 days to complete. So were looking at three weeks to get this done.

Personally I would be very happy if we can get this done and tested in under a month, but you never know what kind of bugs or anything we'll find, so who really knows for sure.

Brandon

• shipweb
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:42 PM #34

Brandon,

I think SNO was referring to the idea section on the main nav bar located at the top of this page. SNO, correct me if I'm wrong here.

Whatever we do, it would be nice to get this ball rolling.

I've made my donation and have redirected other threads with similar topics to this thread.

The idea section could be a way to get more people on, but who is to say that CS Cart will program it for us in the end.

$100 from you Brandon
I could donate another $25 if need be
$75 from SNO
?$75 from OGIA
?$75 from vidan
?$75 from JohnBol

that puts us at $500

We need to put the word out. Deal of the day websites make a killing. (i.e., diamondshark.com)

I monitored this site for a little while and watched their unique visitors just take off.

Go to compete.com and see for yourself.

Start spreading the word everyone.

Jeff
shipfreejewelry.com

CS-Cart version 2.0.11

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2633 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:53 PM #35

Hey, where did that come from and how long has that link been at the top of the page? I've never seen that before, but it is really cool. I'll see if I can figure out how to add this today.

Brandon

• shipweb
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:58 PM #36

http://cscart.uservo...-of-the-day-mod

TOO LATE

I'm trying to get this into action. follow this link and vote

Jeff
shipfreejewelry.com

CS-Cart version 2.0.11

• jobosales
  • Members
  • 3114 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:00 PM #37

It's great to see the Uservoice integration. However, I doubt the items submitted there will enjoy the same sense of urgency that a paid add-on/mod will.

Bob
CS-Cart 2.0.14 (testing)

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2633 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:06 PM #38

Dang, I guess you type faster. We both added this at the same time. I don't see a way to remove mine.

I don't think it matters though, but it's fun anyways.

If you're going to vote, just vote for Shipweb's.

Brandon

• shipweb
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:11 PM #39

Brandon,

I flagged your post as a duplicate, hopefullyl the administrator will see it and delete it. You can remove your votes from your original posting and add them to the original to give it more weight.

Thanks,

Jeff
shipfreejewelry.com

CS-Cart version 2.0.11

• ogia
  • Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:50 PM #40

$100 from you Brandon
I could donate another $25 if need be
$75 from SNO
?$75 from OGIA
?$75 from vidan
?$75 from JohnBol

that puts us at $500

I needed this yesterday so I would be willing to throw in the rest to get this started ASAP, but I really don't want to be putting in $435 when everyone else is getting it for $75. If we split it among the 6 of us, that's only $143. That is almost double so I understand if that's not possible for everyone. I'd really like my max investment to be closer to $150-200. I guess I could throw in my $100 and wait a few days to see if we can get 4-5 more people to donate. I'm just not optimistic that CS-Cart will get this done within a month so the sooner we can get them started the better.

EDIT: I was basing that on $860... It's actually $760, so my figures were wrong. $760 divided by 6 is actually just $126.67.