VanishingRabbit.com

Im 95% done upgrading my site to 2.0. Any feedback would be helpful. :smiley:

Your favicon.ico is still default CS. just a quick glance.

That background makes a guy dizzy man… I got confused by it while scrolling down the site.

The yello wis wayyyyyy to bright, it hurts the eyes. Pay very close attention to the colors. Your site can be banned form several search engines because of that.

Site looks pretty good to me other than the favicon mentioned. :wink:

Yellow, is very bad color to use. it hurts my eays…, !

Hide that hit counter in the button.

Change the favicon.ico icon.

That find us thing you have on the top of the site. ! remove it. it don’t work.

forum is great… on a site BUT !! show some topics…

Something that the customers want to see.

And again this colorers… !

Is there a reason why you require people to register before they can even put a product in the shop cart?

Love the name of your site but hate the tiny text on your product descriptions. Make it

font-size:small;

That was just the Magic Cube for some reason.

site is down, are you hosting on cyberlnc?..lol

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network

connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Thanks all for the great feedback. Im taking all into account …Now if I can just figure out how to change this favicon.ico icon thingy… Can I get some instructions?

The file is located at /skins/YOURSKIN/customer/images/icons/favicon.ico. Just replace that file with your own favicon.ico and clear the template cache.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]The file is located at /skins/YOURSKIN/customer/images/icons/favicon.ico. Just replace that file with your own favicon.ico and clear the template cache.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Bob is my template cache in my FTP

To clear your cache just do:

vaishingrabbit.com/your-admin-name.php?dispatch=products.manage&cc

Obviously replace your-admin-name.php with the name of your admin page.

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]To clear your cache just do:

vaishingrabbit.com/your-admin-name.php?dispatch=products.manage&cc

Obviously replace your-admin-name.php with the name of your admin page.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

I did and it took me back to the product main page. Does this mean its done clearing and I would assume I can add this to my quick menu?? My favicon still does not show up after adding it to /skins/YOURSKIN/customer/images/icons/favicon.ico. …any more tips? should it be .ico or a .gif

Yes, when it takes you back to your product page, it has finished clearing your cache. And, yes, it is a good idea to add it to your Quick Menu.

You can create a favicon from an existing image at the following site:

[url]http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/favicon/[/url]

After creating your favicon, download the image to your computer then upload it to /skins/YOURSKIN/customer/images/icons/ on your server. Clear your both your template cache and your browser cache. Visit your store and you should see your new favicon in the browser address bar.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Yes, when it takes you back to your product page, it has finished clearing your cache. And, yes, it is a good idea to add it to your Quick Menu.

You can create a favicon from an existing image at the following site:

[url]http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/favicon/[/url]

After creating your favicon, download the image to your computer then upload it to /skins/YOURSKIN/customer/images/icons/ on your server. Clear your both your template cache and your browser cache. Visit your store and you should see your new favicon in the browser address bar.

Bob[/QUOTE]

It hasnt happened yet so I will give it a bit of time to appear. Thanks for all your great help. This is the best forum for help

Does it have the name of favicon.ico in the /skins/YOURSKIN/customer/images/icons/ directory?

It should show up pretty quickly. I just checked and it stills shows the CS-Cart default.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Does it have the name of favicon.ico in the /skins/YOURSKIN/customer/images/icons/ directory?

It should show up pretty quickly. I just checked and it stills shows the CS-Cart default.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Bob I can t get thing this to work. Is it there now??

Still not showing up, Brent.

Use your FTP client to download the favicon.ico from your server and check to see if it is the new one.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Still not showing up, Brent.

Use your FTP client to download the favicon.ico from your server and check to see if it is the new one.

Bob[/QUOTE]

It is… I downloaded it to my desktop and its the new one. Im tired, probably missing something I’m just a rookie, :frowning: might have to try it tommorrow I will keep trying for a little bit more

The favicon is appearing when I go to the site. Maybe you need to clear your computer cache.