I do want to get CS-Cart forum notifications again

Yes, I do want it! :confused:

Div by 0 = Error

Jesee, you BIG BROTHER do something with that. Maybe a DDOS would work to wake up :smiley:

Forum notifications have always worked for me. :confused:

dont work for me and i would like them to

Forum notifications have never worked for me. I hate missing out on info. so I wish they worked.

I sent a PM to zeke. Let’s see…

Is it possible your email provider is blocking the notifications?

[QUOTE] Is it possible your email provider is blocking the notifications?[/QUOTE]

Not for me. I’ve checked every possible option and unless it is getting blocked at a server level I’m not getting it. Tried different emails, checked junk mail folder, etc. with no luck.

[quote name=‘ogia’]Is it possible your email provider is blocking the notifications?[/quote]

NO, I’M THE PROVIDER. BTW I can receive emails from Help Desk at the same email address.

I too can get emails from the help desk…you emails from subscribed posts/PM don’t get sent to me. Boo

I wonder about them being blocked at the server level because I have a busy vbulletin forum and the high volume of email notifications that go out sometimes trigger blocks like that. However, I typically get an error message back letting me know so cs-cart forum admin should know if that were the case. I also wonder if the sender of the notifications (Apache: apache@sh-us2.dedic) causes it to get blocked by some servers. For maximum deliverability, the sender should match up with the server sending the email.

:confused:

Emails appear to come from APACHE this will get blocked by a lot of ISP’s as they see it as someone injecting the server.

[quote name=‘ogia’]…I also wonder if the sender of the notifications (Apache: apache@sh-us2.dedic) causes it to get blocked by some servers. For maximum deliverability, the sender should match up with the server sending the email. :confused:[/quote]

Yes, that I would like to know to. Why they don’t use their @cs-cart.com mail server?

Anyway I tried other emails to, not just from one server. None one works.

I get forum notifications without a problem.

After trying several different email accounts of mine I finally tried my Gmail account and it seems to work without blocking. RoadRunner must block Apache emails at the server as I never got any notifications in my junk mail folder.

It seems that the problem is the apache@sh-us2.dedic sender address. Anyway this is not a valid email address. The email address should be something like admin@forum.cs-cart.com or forum@cs-cart.com but not some default server root address.

How looks the sender email from Help Desk? I deleted all…

But another question is why was it working all the time and now it isn’t?

The Help Desk email properly uses Return-Path: sales@cs-cart.com

I’m guessing there is some sort of block going on due to those settings at the server level or ISP…??

If they updated the reverse DNS to something.cs-cart.com, it would improve deliverability, even for the help desk. That server is resolving to helpdesk-us2.dedic. The server sending the forum emails resolves to sh-us2.dedic.

I have my own server with no filtering whatsoever so everything gets through no matter what.

I assume you have a dedicated server too, but it is possible the hosting provider has some filters built in? When I send out a lot of mail I notice that some may get through and then they start greylisting or blacklisting due to the volume, esp. if there are problems with reverse DNS not matching the sender.

I use currently 3 email addresses and still no notifications!

How long yet??? Is there nobody responsible for this forum installation and maintaining? Or, I don’t know what are you thinkig about, but in my opinion it’s NOT GOOD regarding reaction of posted questions and so one…

Can somebodytell me the name of the responsible person for that???

I will still update this thread until is it fixed, sorry… And if you do want you can ban me for that!