• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

X-Cart Vs CS-Cart Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:07 PM #41

I use xCart right now and to be honest, would chew my arm off to get away from them. They were once a good cart but in the last year or so I have seen them go down hill. I am looking at csCart because they are like xCart - the features and logic of the program, but to the best of my knowledge, not all the problems - and the support techs even seem to be friendly.

The latest version of xCart is so full of bugs that you never know what is causing an issue. Their support team has charged me for things that I shouldn't have been charged for, which makes me feel like a big baby stomping my feet, but for what they charge I almost had to. I have bought modules to make things work (like cart preservation and Google export) only to find out it's built into the software, but not working because of a bug. I have had them blame my skin for issues, despite the problem being present across three different sites, all with different skins. And the kicker, I was looking at buying a FOURTH license, they refuse to provide support unless I pay for it because it's not licensed. I tried to explain that I need the bugs worked out so I can see if it will even work for that particular product, and the fact is, a bug is a bug. They will not help me. I am tired of one ticket having great help and the next being snotty too. They tend to act like it's a privelage for you to pay them for the software and you need to be grateful if they fix the bugs. It's just all very black and white.

Oh, and my xPayment integration! HA! I paid them around $300 to get this very expensive bridge working because they said it was absolutely required (turned out not to be true). It took THREE MONTHS to get it working (this meant I could not process credit card payments for three months). They had to edit 43 files and not so much as an apology, credit back on anything I paid them - nothing. My ticket seemed to have a very low priority while I could not process payments. Then after all of that they couldn't tell me how to make the skin generator work so I had to pay someone to alter the skin to match the site, later learning that I didn't need the bridge at all. So, that was basically a 3 month, $500 mistake.

If csCart works well I will be moving all of my xCarts over to it and will never look back!!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:24 PM #42

If csCart works well I will be moving all of my xCarts over to it and will never look back!!

Problem solved sire
http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:15 PM #43

Oh goodness, I have to laugh- I have that open in another window right now. I am on a mission! Am stuck because it wont accept a coupon (page error), but will prob do it without it so I can start working on the new site this weekend. I feel like a kid in a candy store! Finally - I found a shopping cart that looks like it'll do it all!!!! :lol:

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2405 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:21 AM #44

Oh goodness, I have to laugh- I have that open in another window right now. I am on a mission! Am stuck because it wont accept a coupon (page error), but will prob do it without it so I can start working on the new site this weekend. I feel like a kid in a candy store! Finally - I found a shopping cart that looks like it'll do it all!!!! :lol:

Welcome to the candy store. Enjoy, but don't eat overeat.

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:58 PM #45

So far from what I have seen it looks like there is a good spirit around here, I really like that. Am very happy to have found you all! :P