• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart Version 1.3.4 released! Rate Topic   - - - - -

• zeke
  • Megamind
  • Administrators
  • 472 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 05:07 PM #61

Upgrade package for upgrading your 1.3.4 store up to 1.3.4-sp1 is also available for downloading from the File Area in Help Desk.

• zoom4267
  • Members
  • 847 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 05:12 PM #62

i hope this question isnt stupid,, but i have 1.3.3 and havent upgraded yet. do i need to do 1.3.3sp2 first?
Lisa

http://www.skytopdesigns.com Web designs and Development

• nwsco
  • Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 05:34 PM #63

Upgrade package for upgrading your 1.3.4 store up to 1.3.4-sp1 is also available for downloading from the File Area in Help Desk.

Hi zeke,
can you explain how to handle when you have it running locally? (not on ftp as well)
I cant find options for that......

• TonyK
  • Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 07:12 PM #64

Dont think this works w/o using FTP. so you would need to install ftp server locally and use localhost port 21.

you can try Filezilla FTP server , its free.

Just a thought, i have no knowledge of this product other than my own testing.
Pimpin' skins since v1.0

• nwsco
  • Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:16 PM #65

thx ETI. i understand about using my localhost ftp-server,
still its an arrogant approach, not giving an upgrade alternative.
also i get an error on step 4, since on my windows machine
it doesnt support the chmod..........
nice start for an update.......

• TonyK
  • Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:23 PM #66

I hear ya....my upgrade failed anyways, so at least it doesnt work for anybody LOL.
Pimpin' skins since v1.0

Posted 19 November 2006 - 03:22 PM #67

thx ETI. i understand about using my localhost ftp-server,
still its an arrogant approach, not giving an upgrade alternative.
also i get an error on step 4, since on my windows machine
it doesnt support the chmod..........
nice start for an update.......

BPFTP Server...
As you've (obviously) got a windows based system.
Good luck bud, I can't see yourself finding a solution too quickly.
I just hope that CS-Dev's have a web-based alternative solution available soon.

No Offence to anyone but...
I shouldn't have to enter my FTP into, nor my SQL database information. I don't like the idea of joe bloggs hacking in to look for CS-Cart datafiles...

With respect to the Development team, 1.3.4 is a big jump, let's not go backwards when it comes to upgrade.
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• nwsco
  • Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 05:32 PM #68

very well put, 100% agreed!

• S-Combs
  • Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 06:01 PM #69

After running this to upgrade to 1.3.4 sp1 from 1.3.4, I can no longer log into any admin account...

The upgrade did show it was successfull so I don't know what the malfunction was... There is also no option to restore the backup it made prior to the upgrade so, now I'm trying to restore it manually from the backup and DB dump

----------------------

This app is really going to be a nightmare for many.

Some other problems I see with this thing are:

1) No SSL
Who wants to send thier server login info across the internet in a non-encrypted format? Also, some of us who run dedicated boxes have FTP and other potentially dangerous services disabled. This forces us to re-enable those services and risks just so we can restore our shopping cart as needed, hmm

2) Forced backups of entire directory structure within and under your cs-cart install..
When I extracted this backup I noticed not only the base cart files but also the 2 test shops and everything else I had in sub directories of my home directory including a large graphics directory. The backup file was huge so I knew something wasn't right...

3) No restore function for the backups created

4) No Linux version
I am not a die hard Linux only person but, I do run it on my laptop and use that to connect to my server often while on the road. Just something to concider, If you don't plan to make a Linux version then you need to add 'Windows' as a system requirement for upgrades...

5) The install.php file is left in the root after the upgrade.
Thats strange concidering the warnings we all recently received concerning this.

This is also a very inconvienient way to upgrade for those of us who do modify our carts and are more experienced so, I'm begging you to please continue providing manual upgrade packages.

I have just recently purchased this script but have been using x-cart for years.. I was VERY impressed with this new version of cs-cart and closely followed it's development prior to purchase but, after seeing this upgrade-? application I am now very dissappointed..

I beg again, PLEASE continue the manual upgrading option

• TonyK
  • Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 08:43 PM #70

SFTP has already been addressed by me to CS Cart, for your exact reasons. They said it will be in the next version of the windows manager.
Pimpin' skins since v1.0

• tomnibus
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:17 PM #71

My problem, and perhaps I need to start a new thread. Is that I downloaded the Upgrade manager, I'm running it, I get past the backup and the selection of the update. then as it's on the Preparing screen I get an error immediately:

Cannot copy file ....store manager\patch\files\.htaccess to .....store manager\package\latest.

If I hit okay, it appears like it's still running but it's not. I have to hit 'back' when I do that and click 'next' again i get this error:

Can't make "package" directory empty.

So, Well, I'm stuck. the only way to get back to it backing up and installing again is to uninstall the program (although perhaps i can just empty the directories, I dunno).

How the heck can I get this thing working?!
I just THINK I know what I'm doing.

• roban
  • Moderators
  • 1132 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:49 PM #72

How the heck can I get this thing working?!

Apparently you can't or at least nobody that I am aware of has been able to.

• SWS
  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 01:14 AM #73

My question is this.

How the heck can I use the update manager if my database server only allows access from localhost "on my server" I am unable and even if I could wouldnt want to enable remote access to my databases for security !
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

• TonyK
  • Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:05 AM #74

the manager uses ftp, to upload files to your localhost, and then runs them. You are never running any process from other than localhost.
Pimpin' skins since v1.0

• SWS
  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:11 PM #75

Thats understandable, but what is the Mysql settings for ?

Host
Database
Username
Password

And how can it backup my database if I cant use these ?

I know I can do it manually, but seems pointless them providing a windows app when they should provide a server based app for upgrading.
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Posted 30 November 2006 - 12:32 AM #76

I'm unsure why they have them in the store manager.
I can only presume that it is needed to adjust SQL tables so that it corresponds to new entries from the config file.

Ie.
product_thingo
product_thingo_gift
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• SWS
  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:37 AM #77

Thanks for that...

Not going to use it just yet as I havent duplicated my store etc and reading on the forums Its sure is going to be fun !!!
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

• mpjbay
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 05:27 PM #78

the new store manager should be out monday dec4th. i got an email from tech support.

=)
Matt Johnson

http://ecoitsf.com/

• TonyK
  • Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 06:38 PM #79

I dont think thats all thats coming on monday..

Stay tuned :D
Pimpin' skins since v1.0

• egodshall
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 08:01 PM #80

Quick Question... The New Store Manager coming on the 4th... will that allow a clean upgrade from 1.3.3 sp2 to 1.3.4 sp1? I'm relatively new to cs-cart (and love it).. there are some features in 1.3.4 that I really want but I'm too paranoid to upgrade yet.
www.NashuaNutrition.com
Specializing in High Quality Weight Loss Products Including Pre/Post Bariatric Surgery Nutrition.
Running CS-Cart 2.1.2