• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart Version 1.3.4 released! Rate Topic   - - - - -

• roban
  • Moderators
  • 1132 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 07:56 PM #41

Nice work on your store Matt. I like the mouseover on the images.

• mpjbay
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:25 PM #42

thanks roban. that is just the web site. the store/and site in the process of being finished (as soon as the upgrade script is out). The site should be updated tonight. I would love to find a way to set the store up to work just like the site. I am going to delve into that once the store is live.

thank you for the compliments. =)
Matt Johnson

http://ecoitsf.com/

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:05 AM #43

Any news on when the upgrade will come out? I tried doing a fresh install and importing the db, but that didn't work.

Thanks,
MikeK

• mpjbay
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:34 AM #44

let us hope soon.

=)
Matt Johnson

• smoked1
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:31 PM #45

Yes, i can't do anything with this new version till I have a good way of upgrading.

• mpjbay
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:10 PM #46

me neither. my business is in limbo. has anyone heard when the upgrade will be out? last week i read it would be out in a couple days but that was a while back. i guess i need to know if i should do a fresh install and redo everything. i have clients who are waiting.... hmmmmmmmm

=)
Matt Johnson

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:30 PM #47

me neither. my business is in limbo. has anyone heard when the upgrade will be out? last week i read it would be out in a couple days but that was a while back. i guess i need to know if i should do a fresh install and redo everything. i have clients who are waiting.... hmmmmmmmm

=)

They must be having problems and are busy debugging code. I would guess it will just show up one day. I wonder if they will beta test it first?

Larry
SculptingStudio.com
DigitalOcean VM

Ubuntu 14.04

Nginx

• mpjbay
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 07:57 PM #48

that being said i wonder if i should do a fresh install. the issue is that i use qbooks for merchant services which will not work in .3 but will in .4

?
Matt Johnson

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:24 PM #49

that being said i wonder if i should do a fresh install. the issue is that i use qbooks for merchant services which will not work in .3 but will in .4?

Merchant Services as in a payment gateway? I don't think QB has a payment gateway API.

Larry
SculptingStudio.com
DigitalOcean VM

Ubuntu 14.04

Nginx

• Zyles
  • Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:53 PM #50

=)

Personally, I would redo everything (and I did). Because there are so many changes, the table code is hard to read and separate whats new. However I got a diff program, so I can match two cart versions and see every line that has changed since last release. This makes it a bit easier.

It will take you a while, because not only has the cart changes been made to .php files. But also to the skins itself.

Chances of the upgrade script working correctly with a modified skin is very slim. If you start now, you are probably done before the upgrade script is released.
Marketing tip:

Did you know a targeted e-mail marketing campaign can bring conversion rates up to 3.9%? By using reliable e-mail marketing software you can upsell to existing customers on a tight budget. If you are not using e-mail marketing you are missing out big time. I recommend and use Aweber.

• mpjbay
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 12:05 AM #51

i agree.

i didn't even think of installing side by side until an hour ago. i am going to this right now.

=)
Matt Johnson

• roban
  • Moderators
  • 1132 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:27 AM #52

I just finished installing 118 products from another cart system in to 1.3.3 and I'm not doing that again. If I could import a few database tables from 1.3.3 into 1.3.4 I'd consider doing that.

• mpjbay
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 07:33 AM #53

i just installed .4 and the database from .3 will not migrate. =( i am going to start entering metadata tomorrow.
Matt Johnson

• hans
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 07:51 AM #54

Importing products from a .3 database into .4 database shouldn't cost you that much work, export and import right? It's the php and tpl files that will cost you a lot of time, especially when you've made customizations.

• mpjbay
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 12:40 AM #55

i brought in a couple friends to help fill in the data. i had a lot of global options for clothes i had to enter in. no worries. i am almost back online.

=)
Matt Johnson

• smoked1
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 06:31 PM #56

An upgrade would really make my life easier and an ETA would make things even better.

• mpjbay
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 05:49 PM #57

heya smoked1

i ended up installing a fresh version side by side for reference then had the new store up in a day (long be albeit) it really wasn't as touch as i thought it would be.

=)
Matt Johnson

• davidnetk
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 07:02 PM #58

An upgrade would really make my life easier and an ETA would make things even better.

ditto, an ETA couldn't hurt. At least my client would back off and calm down...

Posted 17 November 2006 - 12:23 AM #59

ditto, an ETA couldn't hurt. At least my client would back off and calm down...

Just tell him "there is a security bug that needs to be ironed out"
Clients usually back off if they sense a bit of money being hacked.
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• zeke
  • Megamind
  • Administrators
  • 472 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:28 PM #60

Dear CS-Cart users,

I'd like to announce that CS-Cart 1.3.4-sp1 is released. Changelog:
Version 1.3.4-sp1 (Nov 16 2006)

[+] SEO addon: rewriter rules improved.
[+] Mysql 4.x wrapper rewritten to use procedural language (avoid problems with php 5.2 version)
[+] New parameter of HTTPS detecting is added for supporting secureserver.net hosting.
[+] Admin can recharge the order with any status (except "Backordered") now.

[*] HTML Header brought to standarts (head -> meta -> title -> links -> scripts).

[*] HTML code brought to standarts in site_info.tpl

[*] Installer rewritten to comply with standards.

[*] Header that sends current charset to browser added to avoid problems with unexpected switching to utf-8 charset.

[!] Double notification was sent when editing the order. Fixed.
[!] Checkout progress bar displayed wrong if long steps names used. Fixed.
[!] E-Mail wasn't sent to partner after first-time approval. Fixed.
[!] If default product sorting is set to "price" and simple searching used, database error appeared. Fixed.
[!] If there were no product banners, php warning displayed in partner back-end on page. Fixed.
[!] States weren't sorted on update destination page. Fixed.
[!] Configurator groups images weren't moved to/from file system. Fixed.
[!] Tax rates were assigned for all taxes globally. Fixed.
[!] Images weren't shown in recent products list in New Vision Red skin. Fixed.

Also upgrade package from CS-Cart version 1.3.3-sp2 to 1.3.4-sp1 is released. This package should be used both with "CS-Cart Store Manager" software which is also available for downloading from your personal File Area.