Where is the gift wrapping?

Why is there no gift wrapping for CS-Cart? How can this not be part of the base cart?? Who is running the CS-Cart show??

Is there some way maybe of having it as a linked item at the purchase stage.

Customers who bought this also bought this type of set up.

Hi,

I would like to see how the gift wrap feature works. May be a good addition.

I do find that having a global option for gift wrap works well for me.

I have a dropdown for gift Card and or Giftwrap and then a text box for what goes on the card.

I plan on attaching this set of global options to each product. This way, I can have variations on the gift wrap and different prices depending on the size of the gift.

For now, I find that using options will do the same thing.

Bob

[quote name=‘pbannette’]Hi,

I have a dropdown for gift Card and or Giftwrap and then a text box for what goes on the card.

I plan on attaching this set of global options to each product. This way, I can have variations on the gift wrap and different prices depending on the size of the gift.

Bob[/quote]

Yeah, with so many things that options can do it is quite easy to set this up. It may not be called “gift wrapping” but any global option will do the same thing.

Hi guys.

I also needed something similar to this so here was my solution:

1. Create a category called ‘Gift Wrapping’
  2. Set the ‘Gift Wrapping’ category status to hidden
  3. Create a product in the ‘Gift Wrapping’ category called ‘Gift Wrapping’
  4. In your cart content and checkout blocks (Design > Blocks > cart/checkout) create a new block above the page content called ‘Gift Wrapping’
  5. Set the block’s options as seen in the attached image.
  6. Add the ‘gift wrapping’ product to the block

That’s about as clean as I can get it :slight_smile: Works really well too.

Hope this helps!

gift_wrapping.jpg

[quote name=‘pbannette’]Hi,

Bob[/QUOTE]

@Bob … Where can we see a link to your site and would you be willing to share with the class how you set this up? :smiley:

I actually tried out the Global Options feature and it looks like it will work nicely. One thing that Bob said, which I wasn’t able to find an option to do, was to have these as a drop down.

Another thing that my client had on her other cart was a thumbnail image of the wrapping paper. The global option allowed me to upload a thumbnail but it is not displaying when I click to see more options. If that thumbnail image does not display, what is it’s purpose. If it is displayable, how do I make it show up?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I don’t think images will work when attached to global options. I know it won’t with global option text boxes and I submitted a bug report. The response is “working as designed”

I don’t need images for gift-wrap since I don’t give a choice, I just use “suitable” wrapping paper. If I did need images, I may create a product tab called gift-wrap and put the images in the tab. I do this for other options I have.

Bob