POS. Point of Sale interface

OK, what I am looking for is a POS. I do nost of my sales online, but I also have a small brick and mortar shop, that I also sell from the same stock that I sell online. I would like to have all stock tracked in cs-cart and have a POS interface that I can use in the shop to enter sales at my cash desk.

Currently an example can be see at: [url]http://central.kryptronic.com/public/docs/XMOD_QuickBuy_v7.pdf[/url]

Before I decided on Cs-cart I seriously considered this system, largely due to its POS and a few other features, I moved away largely due to limitations in inventory control.

I don’t think there POS implementation is the best… but it has the right Idea.

If not web-based supporting other POS systems would also be helpful.

[url]https://www.cs-cart.com/partners.html[/url]

see the Atandra thing there. seems to lead to integration with QBooks POS software.

thanks… I see there are 2 options there that are sort of similar… don’t really offer too much for us non americans other than quickbooks syncing, which I expect I will need… so this is a good start…

another consideration, is vendors like my self that do a lot of on location (tradeshow, retail shows) sales… I have access to wifi at shows and think it would be amazing to have an admin/POS interface to cs-cart for adding quick-sales.

In the end I would like to be able to enter all sales via cs-cart, but maybe I’m just dreaming.

I’ll dream with you because I would like this same thing. I also go to shows as a vendor and would love to enter orders on site. Right now, I manually write up order sales then come home and put them in to the store afterwards.

Same here! I contacted a few POS companies(other than quickbooks) to see if they can integrate stock syncing at least, so that my stock in store can always match online, but they all say they can try, but it would cost lots of money.

As for Quickbooks, I contacted them a couple of months ago regarding this, and it would be possible to sync inventory online/in-store with CS-Cart (they get that question a lot apparently), but as per RSW I’m in canada as well (more specifically Ontario) and quickbooks only supports HST(one tax system), we have 2 taxes in Ontario. So i’m waiting until July 2010 until they introduce HST here to buy the quickbooks POS. I tried the demo btw…and it’s pretty darn good!

Nice note, I’m also in Ontario… so this is good to hear, although in general I’m not looking forward to the HST.

You can vote to add this feature in the Ideas forum:

[url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-general/suggestions/705250-add-point-of-sale-interface[/url]

Bob

Have you got the Quick books POS running with cs-cart?

Would love to know how this came along for you… its getting time for me to move ahead on this front as well.

I’m exploring this for a client. The admin “Add Order” interface looks like a potential solution (with modification). If Step 2 “Customer Details” could be bypassed or set to a default “store customer”, it would work for my project.

To really polish it into a POS interface, I’d want it to confine it to a separate admin area - with none of the other admin functionality available. I’d also want it to work with a USB credit card reader. Mobile browser compatibility would be a bonus.

Glen

Sound good to me, when you say exploring are you trying to make an addon.I think this would be popular

JOhn

Let me know what you all find out. I also sell some stuff via brick and morter but I hav e no POS since they all seem to run $2k+ .

[quote name=‘RSW’]OK, what I am looking for is a POS. I do nost of my sales online, but I also have a small brick and mortar shop, that I also sell from the same stock that I sell online. I would like to have all stock tracked in cs-cart and have a POS interface that I can use in the shop to enter sales at my cash desk.

Currently an example can be see at: [url]http://central.kryptronic.com/public/docs/XMOD_QuickBuy_v7.pdf[/url]

Before I decided on Cs-cart I seriously considered this system, largely due to its POS and a few other features, I moved away largely due to limitations in inventory control.

I don’t think there POS implementation is the best… but it has the right Idea.

If not web-based supporting other POS systems would also be helpful.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=“DarkSlateGray”]

I think the idea of a point of sale option is definitely worth consideration after all the framework is there. I would have preferred to see this developed before the multi vendor app,

Syncing never really works and we need the web based POS to manage all aspects of the business AND be part of csc

[/COLOR]

I will start to write one for my store quite soon.

Features:

Ability to select customer to have order associated to their account

Supports group pricing

Supports UPC/SKU per product and per product option

Supports volume discounts

Reporting Ability

Ability to run POS from multiple branches

All POS sales are recorded in CS-CART, so you dont have to have multiple sets of sales records to keep

check this

I'm also interested in this project.

Luster have you made any progress?

Looks very good this POS: http://www.vendhq.com/

[quote name='luster' timestamp='1308597655' post='115373']

I will start to write one for my store quite soon.

Features:

Ability to select customer to have order associated to their account

Supports group pricing

Supports UPC/SKU per product and per product option

Supports volume discounts

Reporting Ability

Ability to run POS from multiple branches

All POS sales are recorded in CS-CART, so you dont have to have multiple sets of sales records to keep

[/quote]

Double post. Sorry

VENDHQ looks great but really really slow.

I couldn't handle a hosted solution.

I am curious - are there people still interested in such a solution? I am in the process of building one for a shop I am developing with CS-Cart and was wondering how many people would be interested in such a solution?

Would $5 pm for a license or a $120 life license be a fair amount to charge?

best.

Xe

[quote name='xelion' timestamp='1329088531' post='131134']

I am curious - are there people still interested in such a solution? I am in the process of building one for a shop I am developing with CS-Cart and was wondering how many people would be interested in such a solution?

best.

Xe

[/quote]

I could be interested…

[quote name='xelion' timestamp='1329088531' post='131134']

best.

Xe

[/quote]

This would interest many people, $120 doesnt seem too much to me