Ability to hide "Add to cart" button on certain products

Not all my products are for sale online. Some are just for information and pricing, and they need to come in store to buy (ex. livestock). I would really need a mod or feature for future release to be able to hide the “Add to Cart” button on certain products. I’ve asked around on the forums, and it doesn’t seem simple. Please CS-Cart!! Your help would be greatly appreciated!

can you just set your qty to ‘0’ and set inventory to ‘track without options’?

You can even do this with track with options but have zero stock on the options that they are not going to be able to add to cart.

Fishtail,

I created a mod that might work for you. It is at:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=15561[/url]

Also, what are you selling? I see your username is Fishtail and you mentioned livestock. Are you selling fish stuff?

Brandon

Thanks brandonvd! I’ll take a look at your mod in more detail in the morning.

And yes, I am also in the fish business :slight_smile: www.fishtail.ca. We just recently converted our website to cs-cart to make our life a whole lot easier as I was being swamped with designing and maintaining our old website, and taking care of everything else in the company! We only put a few products of ours online to try it out, and we don’t currently ship our products since a lot of our manufacturers/suppliers don’t allow us to ship (as you may know). Nice to meet another fellow aquarium hobbyist! Where are you guys located? State side?

That’s cool. Yeah, the shipping thing can kind of be a pain in the rear, but we get by.

I’m actually in a town called Weaverville which is in Northern California. Up here in the Emerald Triangle lol.

Besides us there is one more guy. I forget his username off the top of my head, but his site is / was indigoaquatic.com For some reason his site is down or something right now which is to bad because he had a real nice design. I actually got the idea for my product layout design from him. I posted it somewhere.

Good luck with everything and if you need any help along the way I’m sure you’ll find plenty of it here on the forum or feel free to contact me.

Brandon

That’s Great!

Thanks Brandon, I’ll keep that in mind

[quote name=‘Page’]You can even do this with track with options but have zero stock on the options that they are not going to be able to add to cart.[/QUOTE]

Hi,

I tried both “page” & “Twin892” ways but “Add to cart” is still showing.

Edit the tpl file and place an IF statement around the Add To Cart block. Base the IF statement on what product codes you want the block to be hidden.

[quote name=‘Triplets’]Edit the tpl file and place an IF statement around the Add To Cart block. Base the IF statement on what product codes you want the block to be hidden.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this would work. I have a product-based if statement in my template. It’s formatted like this…

{if $product.product_id eq “25”}

{elseif $product.product_id eq “26”}

{else}

stuff I only want to display for other products

{/if}

I am not sure if you have to list each product id separately like that but it works. Basically I am telling it to not display anything for products 25 and 26.

You can vote to have this feature added to the standard cart in the Ideas forum:

[url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-general/suggestions/581355-ability-to-hide-add-to-cart-on-certain-products[/url]

Bob