Checkout Mod

This mod makes it so that you can toggle a checkbox to have the shipping address be the same as the billing address.

The mod, I feel, makes the one page checkout process much, much better.

You can see how the mod works at:

[url]http://www.jandkonline.com/cscart[/url]

The site is just a demo of CS-Cart, so have a look around, add products to your cart, and checkout to see how this mod works.

Instructions are included in the zip file. I didn’t break out the code like I really wanted mainly because there were just a lot of changes in different places and it would involve a lot of typing.

If some one needs the code broke out, let me know and I’ll see what I can do.

Also if you need any help, I am more than happy to help you the best I can.

By the way, this mod was coded by Joe and purchased by me and I felt that this mod would be something that would benefit the community and so that is why I am sharing it.

And yes, I will continue to update this as need be for future upgrades. Also all updates will be free just as this original is.

Brandon

checkout_mod_1.1.zip

Thank you Brandon (and Joe).

I just have a couple of comments:

1. If you go directly to checkout after ordering and by passing the cart, where does the customer get a shipping estimate and enter coupon codes and gift certificates? Maybe I missed something.
  2. I like the cart being visible on the last step. Looks like changing the quantity does not update. If there were options, and they were changed prior to ordering, that would affect price and weight, would these update the shipping cost and price? I did not have time to see if you had a sample product with these types of options.

Would text area/boxes be editable at step 4?
  3. I would like to try this mod, but am concerned on how easy it would be to modify to correct the discount/taxes calculations and also to change the layout of the options.

I need to change the options to be vertical as they were in a previous 1.3.5 version and not horizontal and for text boxes, need to preserve the line returns so the words don’t run together. Do you think this can be done without destroying the mod?

Thanks again,

Bob

Bob,

Thanks for the suggestions. Here is what I did.

1. If fixed this kind of, I still can’t get the gift certificate box ot come up.

2. Fixed the update thing, check it out.

3. I didn’t do anything with the CS-Cart base code, I just changed the layout.

4. I haven’t tried options yet, sorry.

Hope it helps,

Brandon

Thanks Brandon,

I think what I may do is to have customer always go to the cart first. View Cart and checkout would go to the cart page first and then go to either the one page checkout or multi-page checkout. This way they can enter gift certificates, coupons and estimate shipping, and correct any options/text field input, before going to the checkout page…

Bob

That’s exactly what I did with mine, Bob. I offer many coupons so need to be able to offer the coupon code field to my customers easily.

Stephanie

Going live with 2.0.8 on 2/1/10!

The checkout sequence looks very professional in my opinion.

the only quirk that I believe would irritate or confuse the customer: Add 7 different products and you cannot see the prompt to enter the credit-card details. Top notch work regardless

Looks great and I dont see any issue with adding 7 products , at least on a Mac in FF 3.5

Nice work

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]The checkout sequence looks very professional in my opinion.

the only quirk that I believe would irritate or confuse the customer: Add 7 different products and you cannot see the prompt to enter the credit-card details. Top notch work regardless[/quote]

[quote name=‘ETInteractive’]Looks great and I dont see any issue with adding 7 products , at least on a Mac in FF 3.5

Nice work[/quote]

Win Vista, FF 3.5.7

Thanks for sharing… I may be back to try this one…

Ok, I did some updates to help with the product options and discounts and stuff. It also helps with the amount of products like Jesse was talking about.

You can see the demo at:

[url]http://www.jandkonline.com/cscart[/url]

One product with options is:

[url]http://www.jandkonline.com/cscart/100-cotton-adult-youth-beefy-t-shirt-by-hanes-style-5180.html[/url]

The only thing I can’t figure out is the first time you go to the checkout page the layout is messed up. If you refresh the page everything works fine. This problem is super annoying.

Once I figure out the first load problem I’ll post the updated files.

By the way, does anyone have any ideas why the layout loads weird the first time?

Thank you,

Brandon

oohhhh looks pro version. :slight_smile:

Have you managed to get this working properly?

looks like it from the demo, couple of things, how did you set up the checkout to cover the whole page? and also have the cart info before the payment section?

If I get this working I may try and add the www.craftyclicks.co.uk address lookup

Can you guys post screenshots of this “error” on loading, I do not see it on my Mac and therefore cant help.

Thanks and good work.

I’ve overwritten the files but i’m still seeing the old checkout?

Ok, lets see.

First, thank you for the compliments, I appreciate them.

I have modified my original post with an updated version of this mod.

As for seeing the wrong thing, maybe I was smokin to much somethin last night, I don’t know. It works perfect now.

From the best I can tell, any and all errors are gone and I am much happier with the change of layout.

@mdj101

Have you cleared your cache? This might do it. Just do:

http://www.your-domain.com/admin.php?dispatch=categories.manage&cc

Otherwise, are you sure you put the files in the right skin?

Also, I got the checkout to cover the whole page by modifying the files that are in this mod. I don’t really have time to go over them this morning becuase I have to go to work, but if you would like I could break them down more and post tonight.

Anyways, let me know what you all think. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated.

Thank you,

Brandon

There two uploads on this thread.

Which one should be used? The one in the original post?

Sorry, I just cleaned it up, man your fast.

[COLOR=“Red”]I will keep all files in just the first post. Please check there to download.[/COLOR]

Brandon

Hi Brandon

Seems to be working now, I think its because I just copied the skins folder over base not the electro template.

Might be an idea to mention this in the instructions to navigate into the folder of the name of the skin you are using and paste the “customer folder”

Mark

Seems to be working for me now THANKS

Just one thing

between the payment options and the coupons on the right i’ve got a block of text which says.

If you

have

any

notes

Any ideas where this is coming from?

I’ve installed it and all seems ok and the checkout works fine (didn’t see any weird stuff)

I checked out my site and I never had images before in the checkout. Did i have a problem previously or did you add images in the checkout process?

Seems it makes the checkout nice and straightforward.

Great mod (just hope upgrading cscart wont break anything.

(ps are you working on any more mods that might make their way here?)

I think you need to change in your post “This mod makes it so that you can toggle a checkbox to have the shipping address be the same as the billing address.” as it seems to do a lot more than just that.