ADDON: Auto Suggest for CS-Cart 2.0

Hi everybody!

We have just released a tiny CS-Cart 2.0 add-on called “Auto Suggest” to improve your site search usability by adding a pulldown menu of suggested values to a search text field. Users may quickly open a suggested product by selecting it in the pulldown.

You can download it from our site, it’s absolutely free!

Also you can include product thumbnails into suggestions and enable keyboard navigation using Up and Down arrow keys.

It’s CS-Cart 2.0 - 2.1 compatible.

Very cool - thanks for the free addon!

Just installed, work well even for earlier cart version. Thank you for free addon.

Which fields are searched to provide the suggestions?

thanks again!

The product field from the db table product_descriptions - Sno

there is one problem in the ADDON. When we write something like Windows the autosearch shows windows xp, windows vista etc, but there is no feature for selecting with arrow keys, right now i am selecting through mouse.

Please check youtube there is a feature to select list through arrow keys. Please make this feature

for some reason when trying to download the addon it says corrupted. Tried different browsers and same results. Weird

[quote name=‘miracles’]there is one problem in the ADDON. When we write something like Windows the autosearch shows windows xp, windows vista etc, but there is no feature for selecting with arrow keys, right now i am selecting through mouse.

Please check youtube there is a feature to select list through arrow keys. Please make this feature[/QUOTE]

You can’t get picky with free add ons. I’m sure he/she might consider personalizing it for you for a fee though.

Does anyone have the latest version working in 2.0.12?

[quote name=‘whiplash13’]Does anyone have the latest version working in 2.0.12?[/QUOTE]

I have and it works great in IE and FF.

Hmm. Not sure why but I get the errors below when I start to type a search in the search box:

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: “/top.tpl” in /home//public_html/cart/lib/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: “/central.tpl” in /home/
/public_html/cart/lib/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: “/left.tpl” in /home//public_html/cart/lib/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: “/right.tpl” in /home/
/public_html/cart/lib/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: “/bottom.tpl” in /home/***/public_html/cart/lib/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

I tried this in a out of the box install on my laptop, my desktop and my webserver. Same error on all 3. I use the Electro skin, not sure if this has something to do with it.

It works fine for me in 2.0.12 using both the Basic and Electro skins.

Did you install the first version and then replace it? If so, did you also copy /var/skins_repository/base/customer/addons/autosuggest to your /skins/YOURSKIN/customer/addons directory? Or you can uninstall, follow the directions and reinstall.

Bob

Nope, never had the other version installed. I have installed and then unistalled several times, verfied permissions on the files… Not sure what is going on.

Figured it out. If under:

Settings > Search options > Search also in

Select Pages and/or Site news you get that error. If I uncheck them it works fine.

Hmmm… I don’t get the error even with those checked. What options do you have set for the AutoSuggest add-on?

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Hmmm… I don’t get the error even with those checked. What options do you have set for the AutoSuggest add-on?

Bob[/QUOTE]

Just Product Name

Yep, you are right - error when search in pages or site news is checked in General settings. I think I must have forgotten to refresh the page.

Bob

[quote name=‘whiplash13’]Figured it out. If under:

Settings > Search options > Search also in

Select Pages and/or Site news you get that error. If I uncheck them it works fine.[/QUOTE]

Thanks John for the detailed report. We have fixed the problem.

The fixed version is on our site (the same file name Autosuggest_cscart2_1.1.tgz).

It’s enough to just replace the file addons/autosuggest/js/func.js

Thank you for posting a great addon at a great price :slight_smile:

how to remove a blank space in the first list of search?

there is a blank space right? how to get rid of it?