All root administrators reduced to regular admins, can't log in

I use 2.10, and it has been working fine until this happened when I tried to log in today.

For some reason, both admin accounts have been reduced to “regular admin”, and not “superadmin” as they were before, so now I cannot see or perform any actions in the store. When I look at the home page, I can see on the USERS module:

Staff = 2

Root administrators = 0

Administrator= 2

I understand from searching the forum that this could be caused by the admin user being added to the “administrator” usergroup (which takes away root privileges), and that by removing the user from that group, the privileges would be restored.

But how would I do that as there are NO root admin users at the moment, so I cannot log in to do that task? Is it possible to create a root user directly in the database using PHPMyAdmin? Or could I remove this admin user from a usergroup directly in the database? Does anybody know?

There is a post on here somewhere adddressing this issue. You can fix this by running the following query in phpMyAdmin:

DELETE FROM cscart_usergroup_links WHERE user_id=1 LIMIT 1;

Bob

Thanks Bob for your quick reply. That totally worked and was a simple fix. I’ve got my root admin back.

I did read your prior post with a similar fix, but there you also mentioned that the fix would not work for 2.0.9+, so I assumed it wouldn’t work with my 2.0.10

[quote name=‘jobosales’]

Paste the following into your SQL tool (e.g., phpMyAdmin):

UPDATE `cscart_users` SET `membership_id` = '0' WHERE `cscart_users`.`user_id` =1 LIMIT 1 ;

This does not work for 2.0.9+.

Bob[/QUOTE]

This one is a bit different, and worked without a hitch. Again, thanks so much!

[quote name=‘oiden’]Thanks Bob for your quick reply. That totally worked and was a simple fix. I’ve got my root admin back.

I did read your prior post with a similar fix, but there you also mentioned that the fix would not work for 2.0.9+, so I assumed it wouldn’t work with my 2.0.10

This one is a bit different, and worked without a hitch. Again, thanks so much![/QUOTE]

The other one worked before they changed memberships to usergroups (I think in 2.0.9).

Glad you got it working. I remember the night it happened to me - very frustrating.

Bob