• Lee Li Pop
  • Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:49 PM #82

Thank you GabrielUK,

Post updated ;)

http://forum.cs-cart...70219#post70219

Lee Li Pop
If All Else Fails, Read The Instruction Manual! Knowledge Base 2.x + CS-Cart Instruction Manual

Hosted at Pair.com since 2000. Zero hacking attempts during first 11 years... And counting!

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:55 PM #83

Conclusion:
The FALSE ALARM is nothing more than A MARKETING STRATEGY TO PERSUADE PEOPLE TO SIGN UP WITH A "SAFE" HOST PROVIDER.
Is all i got to say....(but i think all the brainless people got that anyway!!!)

I've recently helped several members move off cyberlnc, not for my own benefit, and I did not get paid to do this, I merely was asked for help to move some customer's off cyberlnc onto a new server and so I did.

After the move cyberlnc apparently tries to re-connect with their lost customer's using scare tactics such as the ones rambled about throughout this post, and I quote:

First we notice that you move your domains to a 3rd party service
that offers VPS servers that are inferior to the ones that CyberLNC
offers in terms of reliability, performance, security and doesn't have
any of the capabilities that allow higher Google engine placement

First:
I'm not an expert in the area of SEO, but I'm pretty 100% positive that a server has absolutely NOTHING to do with Google placement, this is like the most ridiculous statement I have read in a very long time.

Second:
Moving customer's to a multi-million dollar hosting company is going to have alot more security and expertise then a rinkydink host reselling vps accounts.

Third:
If someone is such a world renowned expert in security they are not going to be found wasting time posting long, unimportant and rambling messages on cs-cart forums.

I actually trace where the domains are currently pointed and review
their offerings and confirm everything stated in the first paragraph
which means you take an enormous downgrade to yourself moving
from CyberLNC...

The only downgrade here folks is cyberlnc's lost income. Cyberlnc is simply reselling hosting accounts on a dedicated server, pretty much what 99% of what most hosting companies do. Normally I don't take sides in situations like this, but after seeing how this thread played out, I wouldn't do business with a company like this, either cyberlnc needs to fire whosoever is responsible for this and get re-organized because their reputation at this point is becoming irreparable.
SNOROCKET.COM, Now Accepting PRE-ORDERS:
Customer Service (Helpdesk) Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1
Quote and Invoicing Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1

• Tirade
  • Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:42 PM #84

So did it totally slip by Zeke, Noman and Lee Li Pop that the person Zeke referenced named leftnode(vic) is not Spiral?

Leftnode is apparently just ANOTHER person who happen to notice some security issues, he is not the same person and they arent the same issues.

Back on track though, someone mentioned holding CS-Cart to a higher security standard. How hard would it be to simply have the user create a name for the admin login during installation? This obviously fixes one of the 2 issues in leftnodes blog.

• jobosales
  • Members
  • 3114 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:43 PM #85

Back on track though, someone mentioned holding CS-Cart to a higher security standard. How hard would it be to simply have the user create a name for the admin login during installation? This obviously fixes one of the 2 issues in leftnodes blog.

I think that PCI compliance requires changing any default passwords at first logon but I like this idea even better.

Bob
CS-Cart 2.0.14 (testing)

• Spiral
  • BANNED
  • Banned
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:18 AM #86

So did it totally slip by Zeke, Noman and Lee Li Pop that the person Zeke referenced named leftnode(vic) is not Spiral?

Apparently, confusing me with other people is the on going theme this week! :D

It was amusing to read Snorocket's post above, allegedly about a certain host, which is actually instead a full misrepresentation of comments spoken privately between myself and a client we both hold in common who also recently hired me as well.

The very same client Snorocket had spoken of in his own post asked me to help them with the security hardening on their new VPS server which Snorocket had helped them relocate to and this client needed my help mainly because their new server at their new hosting provider was left entirely as 100% base default install with no security hardening, no configuring, and no optimizations whatsoever! Just plain vanilla cPanel default install and not really ready for any kind of production use!

This situation prompted a more intimate private conversation between myself and this client and the quotes that Snorocket misrepresented as coming from the client's former hosting provider was actually all entirely just private conversations between myself and this client where we were discussing that they might have possibly been in a better situation had they of simply stayed at their original provider since their original host is also another one of my clients and I know first hand that their servers all do go through extensive testing, hardening, and optimizing, and are all very closely monitored too. The VPS client was also not aware that their old former host actually offers VPS, Cloud, and Dedicated servers available which was part of the same conversation of which further additional comments were taken out of context and misquoted and assembled as cut and paste bits and pieces apparently intentionally to look entirely different than the actual discussion at hand. Quite interesting.

Bottom line though is that Snorocket took it upon himself to misrepresent my own private conversations with a client, whom we both apparently hold in common, using that discussion to try to trash the client's former hosting provider by trying to make everyone believe my own comments were their former host's comments! Shame on you! :rolleyes:

It is even more interesting to me how Snowrocket also took another piece of the conversation so completely out of context and he was obviously thinking the client and I hd been discussing SEO per his own post comments above but actually the client and I had been discussing another topic entirely.

Anyway, I believe someone above owes a certain host a very big apology!

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:27 AM #87

I normally don't respond to ridiculous people such as yourself, however I thought I would at least give you enough courtesy to let you know that I couldn't find enough 55 gallon drums in the junkyard to fill with the amount of %$%# you spew forth...
SNOROCKET.COM, Now Accepting PRE-ORDERS:
Customer Service (Helpdesk) Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1
Quote and Invoicing Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1

• Spiral
  • BANNED
  • Banned
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:18 AM #88

I normally don't respond to ridiculous people such as yourself, however I thought I would at least give you enough courtesy to let you know that I couldn't find enough 55 gallon drums in the junkyard to fill with the amount of %$%# you spew forth...

That's your story and you're sticking with it, huh? :D

Really? That's your best response? :rolleyes:

• Lee Li Pop
  • Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:56 AM #89

Sno,

Spiral has already been banned in 2007 from another forum for his remarks rude. And a big, big, problem with a domain name of one of his customers.

Let time pass. People will eventually complain.

Isn't it Spiral?

Lee Li Pop
If All Else Fails, Read The Instruction Manual! Knowledge Base 2.x + CS-Cart Instruction Manual

Hosted at Pair.com since 2000. Zero hacking attempts during first 11 years... And counting!

• Noman
  • Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:11 AM #90

People!

"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."
I'm Number 1, so why try harder?

CIA wannabe or having doubts and need some answers?
Spy Gadgets and CCTV Equipment

• Traveler
  • Members
  • 896 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:33 AM #91

People!

"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

But, Noman we are having fun! - smiling...

I think everyone knows by now that Spiral is a fake security expert with a big ego.

Version 4.9.2

• Spiral
  • BANNED
  • Banned
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:41 PM #92

Spiral has already been banned in 2007 from another forum for his remarks rude.

Lee Li Pop, I believe you are a little bit confused in your "facts" there just a fair bit ....

1. I have NEVER been "banned" from any forum anywhere in my life!

2. I did not directly use the internet myself any in 2007 ( ... or 2006 or 2008 for that matter )

However, the one thing I can say so you don't feel like I am just singling you out ...

There have been other people using the same or similar name as me which has, on occasion, caused some confusion with mistaken identity issues in the past, some of those collisions just unintentional coincidence, and even some others deliberately trying to impersonate me which is much the nature of the business I suppose especially after a long career making hackers lives miserable over the many long years.

Now regarding your "his remarks rude" comment (quoted above) implying that I am somehow being rude right here in this thread, you are once again in error in your statements.

It is not rude, even in the slightest, to call someone out who is clearly trying to bash a hosting provider who has nothing to do with any of the claims or statements he made from his post and since he widely opened himself up by doing that, everyone has a right to know all else he failed to say and the real source of his quotes. And just for reference, I was careful to stay strictly to the facts without added opinions, adjectives, or emotional input and you take weigh the information given and make your own conclusions.

And if you are, by your comment above, referring directly to my previous post:

That's your story and you're sticking with it, huh?

Really? That's your best response?

This comment is in no way rude whatsoever!

In fact quite the opposite and not even close to "rude"! :)

Instead of making a long unnecessary reply, the above particular comment had a specific purpose and was meant to "not so subtly" illustrate and draw attention to the very simple fact that of all the things that he could of possibly been said in response to my calling him out on his own "rude" and misleading remarks wrongly targeting a hosting provider, he made no attempt to deny anything that I said in response towards the refuting of any of his statements.

In fact, he did not say anything in reply at all or even as much as a single word that might contribute any actual practical value whatsoever unless you really think "50 gallon water jugs" has some obscure useful meaning?

Touche! And well said .... At least some of you might find some intellectual value though ;)

(..If not cheap entertainment as I myself find in much of this non-sense :) )

• Noman
  • Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:35 PM #93

This man loves to write stories.

Spiral, the quote above wasn't directed to you at all.

The one below is:

"if stupidity could fly, you would be a bomber"

Can someone please close this thread and show him the back door?
I'm Number 1, so why try harder?

CIA wannabe or having doubts and need some answers?
Spy Gadgets and CCTV Equipment

• Lee Li Pop
  • Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:21 PM #94

Hello Spiral,

There have been other people using the same or similar name as me [...]

Stop, stop, stop.

Your sweet lullaby works on some people, however, Spiral, it doesn't work with me.

Are you agree that I publish dozens of proofs?

Yes or No?

Lee Li Pop

• Spiral
  • BANNED
  • Banned
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:28 PM #95

Spiral, the quote above wasn't directed to you at all.

Perhaps but it applies never the less :D (... arguing with idiots)