No Categories in Google Sitemap

Have checked Google and number of indexed pages has gone down by about 50% and number of URL’s submitted has gone down by about 10%.

Have noticed there are no categories or sub categories listed in the sitemap, but this does not account for the number or missing URLs. Any ideas?

[COLOR=“Red”]EDIT - sorry, number categories is 150+ (inc sub cats) which accounts for 10%.[/COLOR]

Also, when I try to clear the cache within sitemap addon I just get a 404.

Barry, this Google Sitemap seems to be a cluster**** and definately takes some getting used to instead of it working easily and automatically as previous versions.

Just a couple of suggestions especially if you have a lot of products. If you clear your cache, run the sitemap to regenerate. From my experience, running the sitemap in FF produces errors so I always run it in IE.

What is Google webmaster reporting for you sitemap i.e. errors, urls, indexed?

You are getting the 404 because you have changed your name for admin.php.

Will give IE a go and let you know.

How do I get round the change of name for admin.php??

Not getting any errors in google webmaster, just no of URLs submitted, which is correct for our number of products, but the quantity of indexed URLs is about half what it was for previous versions, and dropping.

Thanks

[quote name=‘BarryH’]Will give IE a go and let you know.

How do I get round the change of name for admin.php??

Not getting any errors in google webmaster, just no of URLs submitted, which is correct for our number of products, but the quantity of indexed URLs is about half what it was for previous versions, and dropping.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Right click on the link for clearing the cache and choose properties, copy the link to the clipboard and paste in your browser, but dont click go… instead change the part of admin.php to the name which you gave the admin.php file.

Primitive, I know, but at least you’ll have it in your browser history for future selection.

This should be reported as a bug- that it does not use the variable in which you setup in the config file for the name of admin.

I’m experiencing the same issue with indexed URL’s dropping. I’m becoming seriously frustrated with this. Theres something that google does not like, and its getting to be pretty serious.

We have over 100,000 products in the store, and yet cannot get past 2900 pages indexed… This is a huge problem that I cannot seem to get past with this cart.

Content, meta keywords, meta description, search words, page titles, etc. are well populated but to no gain.

[quote name=‘timst’]Right click on the link for clearing the cache and choose properties, copy the link to the clipboard and paste in your browser, but dont click go… instead change the part of admin.php to the name which you gave the admin.php file.

Primitive, I know, but at least you’ll have it in your browser history for future selection.

This should be reported as a bug- that it does not use the variable in which you setup in the config file for the name of admin.

I’m experiencing the same issue with indexed URL’s dropping. I’m becoming seriously frustrated with this. Theres something that google does not like, and its getting to be pretty serious.

We have over 100,000 products in the store, and yet cannot get past 2900 pages indexed… This is a huge problem that I cannot seem to get past with this cart.

Content, meta keywords, meta description, search words, page titles, etc. are well populated but to no gain.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, but managed to sort it!

Activated “Translation Mode” and edited it there.

Tried IE8 but just seems to be the same.

The problem is that I have read that this clears the cache and generates a NEW Sitemap, but I feel it only clears the cache. There is NO actual regeneration taking place that I can see as it just dumps you back at the Addons page! :confused:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?p=66944#post66944[/url]

Read my post there regarding leaving the browser open.

You DO have to click on the “View” sitemap to generate the new one- or at least that has been my experience with it… Then Wait for it to finish before closing the browser, or the sitemap will be incomplete. If you have a large catalog, this will take a considerable amount of time

[quote name=‘timst’][url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?p=66944#post66944[/url]

Read my post there regarding leaving the browser open.

You DO have to click on the “View” sitemap to generate the new one- or at least that has been my experience with it… Then Wait for it to finish before closing the browser, or the sitemap will be incomplete. If you have a large catalog, this will take a considerable amount of time[/QUOTE]

Hi thanks again, that’s how I have been doing it anyway. :slight_smile:

Couldn’t you just make a symlink called admin.php and point it to your new file?