Suggestions on having my site ready for an existing domain

Basically I have an Oscommerce site and now want to change it to CS cart without any downtime.

So I was thinking to set CS cart up on another domain, load all the products, transfere the customers etc etc and then when ready delete all the Osc files on the domain I want to use and dump CS cart there.

I take it that the only changes required to move CS cart from one domain to another are only required in config.local.php file or do I also have to make changes in the DB?

Anyone got any links or resources on all changes required to move cs-cart from one domain to another?

Thanks

1. First Check if the new Webhoster offer all reqirements from cs-cart
  2. Make a Backup from Database and all files
  3. Take it and install it on the new Server
  4. If it works make some test
  5. Now you can close the other shop
  6. say cs-cart over helpdesk that you have installed cs-cart on a new domain.

what i dont understand is

[quote]

Basically I have an Oscommerce site and now want to change it to CS cart without any downtime[/quote]

You have downtime because you have a another domain, all peoples dont know abou the new Domain.

and

[quote]

So I was thinking to set CS cart up on another domain, load all the products, transfere the customers etc etc and then when ready delete all the Osc files on the domain I want to use and dump CS cart there.

[/quote]

If you havent before changing a cs-cart, you have oscommerce what you like then to safe changes. Oscommerce havent a config.local.php .

But maybe i dont understand you, because my english is very bad.

Sorry!

!!! Attention, the Database are very BIG File, i mean over 30 MB and therefore you cant upload it over http!

Hi

What I mean is…

lets say i have oscommerce setup on domainA.com

I setup cs cart on domainB.com with all the same products and customers

Now I want domainA.com to have the CS cart setup from domainB.com

So I delete osCommerce from domainA.com and then transfer the setup CS-cart from domainB.com - obviously the site will not work because the domain name has changed so what are all the files i need to change?

**** More simpler ****

I have CS cart on domainA.com now want to change the domain name to domainZ.com - what are all the files and DB changes I need to make to move to the new domain?

Thanks

[QUOTE]I have CS cart on domainA.com now want to change the domain name to domainZ.com - what are all the files and DB changes I need to make to move to another domain?[/QUOTE]

All you need to do is copy all of your CS-Cart folders & files (the complete install) to the directory of your new domain. Then just make a few line changes in your config.local.php file to reflect your new domain name and database location changes.

Quite an easy process! :wink:

[quote name=‘badmaash’]Hi

What I mean is…

lets say i have oscommerce setup on domainA.com

I setup cs cart on domainB.com with all the same products and customers

Now I want domainA.com to have the CS cart setup from domainB.com

So I delete osCommerce from domainA.com and then transfer the setup CS-cart from domainB.com - obviously the site will not work because the domain name has changed so what are all the files i need to change?

**** More simpler ****

I have CS cart on domainA.com now want to change the domain name to domainZ.com - what are all the files and DB changes I need to make to move to the new domain?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

If you want to continue using the DOMAIN that your customers know you could set up CSCART in a sub domain and then move it to PUBLIC_HTML once it is setup and running right. You could move the OSCOMMERCE to antother sub domain before moving CSCART and then you can revert if all is not correct.

Problem with setting up CSCART on a different domain is you will lose all your traffic.

Just my thoughts! :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘Struck’]All you need to do is copy all of your CS-Cart folders & files (the complete install) to the directory of your new domain. Then just make a few line changes in your config.local.php file to reflect your new domain name and database location changes.

Quite an easy process! ;)[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it!!! :oops:

Yeah, I just completed my speed typing course Barry! :smiley:

[quote name=‘Struck’]All you need to do is copy all of your CS-Cart folders & files (the complete install) to the directory of your new domain. Then just make a few line changes in your config.local.php file to reflect your new domain name and database location changes.

Quite an easy process! ;)[/QUOTE]

Ah thanks man, I though CS cart might have been like moving Wordpress to a new domain because not only do you have to do the wp-config changes but also database changes aswell to reflect the new domain name.

So there are no DBs changes required and only config.local.php changes

Thanks guys

[QUOTE]So there are no DBs changes required and only config.local.php changes[/QUOTE]

You got it.

Just remember to inform CS-Cart personnel through your helpdesk account of the new URL where you will be running your CS-Cart install for license tracking purposes.

[quote name=‘Struck’]Yeah, I just completed my speed typing course Barry! :D[/QUOTE]

YEAH you just “cut and paste” from old posts!!! :stuck_out_tongue: LOL

[QUOTE]YEAH you just “cut and paste” from old posts!!! LOL[/QUOTE]

Hey, as Larry the Cable Guy Says: “Just Gitter Done”

This conversion is going to be crazy - nearly 1000 301 redirects needed for this CS cart conversion…

Some serious repitive work coming up soon for me…

[quote name=‘Struck’]Hey, as Larry the Cable Guy Says: “Just Gitter Done”[/QUOTE]

LOL :lol: :shock: :razz: