product description optimization

hi,

i’m optimizing few pages to rank better in Google.I would like some advice regarding on page optimization in the product description.Is the product description behaves as the “body of the page”?so that means i can optimize product descriptions as i was optimizing an html page?

i heard that product title is already a h1.is that true?

There have been many posts asking about optimization. Aside from the fact that your well-formed key word rich content is what matters the most, the title tag is arguably your next, if not first, most important tag. Let me say though that if you are selling Motorola cell phones and your title tag is Motorola cell phones, it matters not how well formed your content is. You will not rank well for Motorola cell phones because the competition is too enormous for you to overcome no matter what you do aside from paying an enormous fee per click…

The main objective for any e-commerce start up is to find a unique product and either hope that there is a market for it, or create a market yourself.

I sell supplements (and I kick myself in the butt every day for doing it) and the only supplements I sell are provided by one manufacturer and that is only because that manufacturer has a following and I undercut other reseller’s prices. It won’t matter one iota how well optimized I am for vitamin C because I won’t sell any and I haven’t in 5 years because I just cannot compete with the competition.

So all these questions about optimization really don’t mean very much unless you approached your e-store as you would a brick and mortar store. Would you open music store on the same block as J&R Music World?

thanks for the info,i think the products i want to optmize are ok for the market.I just need to know if the “product title is already an h1” and if i insert anchor text inside the product description,it will count towards s.e.o;)

[quote]I just need to know if the “product title is already an h1” [/quote]Yes

[quote]and if i insert anchor text inside the product description,it will count towards s.e.o

[/quote]Yes, but if it’s possible at the begin of the description (or first paragraph).

P.S. To see “if” something is H1 or p or div look for the “Page source” in your FF browser menu or “Source” in IE.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]P.S. To see “if” something is H1 or p or div look for the “Page source” in your FF browser menu or “Source” in IE.[/QUOTE]

Being new to CS Cart, I’ve found Firebug (Firefox add-on) and IE8 Developer tools (built in) to be INFINITELY helpful in identifying elements. But that’s a separate discussion.

[quote name=‘Russ’]Being new to CS Cart, I’ve found Firebug (Firefox add-on) and IE8 Developer tools (built in) to be INFINITELY helpful in identifying elements. But that’s a separate discussion.[/quote]

Use FF, IE Tool is useful in this case, just to fix any design difficulties in IE.

I'm trying to place the H1 product title directly above the product description but cs cart does not allow this by default

Most of the Optimizer Forget Keyword Density And missing Something from Content.If you Focus Content Method got Better Approvement…

You need to understand On-page SEO Optimization. To learn better yourself… go to this link - Beginner's Guide to SEO [Search Engine Optimization] - Moz