• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Buy SSL Certificates - up to 80% off Rate Topic   - - - - -

• indy0077
  • Banned
  • 1431 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:10 PM #41

I have nothing against your idea and your ssl certificate.

That are not ideas and not our SSL certs, that are facts.
CS-Cart Professional €160.00 | CS-Cart Multi-Vendor €625.00 | CS-Cart Hosting | SSL Certificates
CS-Cart Optimized Servers *** USA & UK VPS Servers

• dragondf
  • Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:50 PM #42

That are not ideas and not our SSL certs, that are facts.

If we are now talking about FACTS.. I would like to know: WHERE ARE THEY?

Because if we will just what the SALER says about his SEAL and SSL CERTIFICATE I think we will not be very good in FACTS.

Let's get examples?

www.Amazon.com

www.BUY.com

The biggers do not show in their website a SEAL from one SSL company. Or they do? I am sorry, I could not see it.

If there is difference to the costumer, WHERE IS THE POOL about it?
Where are the data where "COSTUMERS" said: I only buy in one webstore if it has a COMODO ssl certificate. If not, I will not buy there.

Maybe this study exists. But it was made by the SSL saler.

But I am really interested in to know more about FACTS.
Our friend said he could not measure if he had or not more sales.
And other: maybe he bought a new SSL CERTIFICATE and GOOGLE pAY per click, Yahoo and others at the same time.

Well, I continuos thinking that have a way to send data encrypted, at least for me, it is very good, enough.

I think I will create a TOYOTU (not Toyota) seal. Is there any one else interested in it?
Maybe if we make at least 1000 webstores put this SEAL inside it, we will sale them after for $200.00 one.

eheeh

Just a joke. :)

Let's wait others opinions.

(good post)
"Tenho-vos dito isto, para que em mim tenhais paz; no mundo tereis aflições, mas tende bom ânimo, eu venci o mundo". João 16:33
--
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world". John 16:33
www.companhiadanutricao.com.br

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:02 PM #43

www.Amazon.com

www.BUY.com

The biggers do not show in their website a SEAL from one SSL company. Or they do? I am sorry, I could not see it.

Both are signed by Verisign - Ironically both are using EV SSL Certificates.
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• Traveler
  • Members
  • 896 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:59 PM #44

In the end you simply need to know your customers.

If your customers know what an SSL certificate is (most will have no idea)
and

the difference between the brands (I wonder how many know the difference as supported by an independent study)

and
are concerned by knowing that your site has been verified.
Then the answer is simple - go for it

I would be happy to buy from Indy if she had basic certificates at good rates the next time I need some. I think that it is a great idea to support forum members.

Version 4.9.2

• indy0077
  • Banned
  • 1431 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:38 AM #45

We will make special offers for CS-Cart customers in few weeks. I hope you all will like it!
CS-Cart Professional €160.00 | CS-Cart Multi-Vendor €625.00 | CS-Cart Hosting | SSL Certificates

• dragondf
  • Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:50 AM #46

Both are signed by Verisign - Ironically both are using EV SSL Certificates.

Hello JesseLeeStringer,

Could you please show where is this Verisign seal in both websites?

Because if the SEAL is a DIFFERENCE I think they will really use it for their costumers.

Sure I used 2 big companies just like an example. Simple "mortals" webstores really need to show something to costumer to looks like very safe webstore.

Have you read when I said that when I bought in a bike webstore in USA, the manager (boss) said me he has my credit card numbers. Is this normal in USA?

In my opinion, if you have the best SSL CERTIFICATE, if you computer or server is not safely or has virus, worms, trojans and others all this will not have effect.

See if I am right or not:

CLIENT >> encrypt data >> internet > server >>internet > WEBSTORE pc (see data).

Sure it is much better to have it that not have. For this I want to have one (but not this one very expensive).

:)
"Tenho-vos dito isto, para que em mim tenhais paz; no mundo tereis aflições, mas tende bom ânimo, eu venci o mundo". João 16:33
--
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world". John 16:33

• indy0077
  • Banned
  • 1431 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:26 AM #47

Hello JesseLeeStringer,

Could you please show where is this Verisign seal in both websites?

For example here https://www.amazon.com/gp/sign-in.html

Did you have look at the address bar? And what it says if you click it on?

• Traveler
  • Members
  • 896 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 02:42 AM #48

On my PC:

In Opera nothing much

In IE8 the same

There was a lock symbol in IE8 which gave some information if you clicked on it is that what you meant?

Version 4.9.2

• indy0077
  • Banned
  • 1431 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 02:54 AM #49

On my PC:
There was a lock symbol in IE8 which gave some information if you clicked on it is that what you meant?

yes thats it

• Traveler
  • Members
  • 896 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:02 AM #50

yes thats it

Most of the information in the lock symbol was confusing and very few people will ever click on it, and almost none of my customers.

But one thing that a few people do seem to look for is "https" when they use their credit card. But only a few know to look for that.

One reason that I do not care for name brand etc certs. is that a basic internet marketing technique that many seem to miss is an about us page with photos and a story.

The About Us page gives a good sense of who you are to customers - sure it can be faked but still it works well for us.

Version 4.9.2

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:29 AM #51

Although different cultures will have different customs; I was EXTREMELY surprised how knowledgeable some of our customers are in the overall shopping experience.

There are some exceptions of course however it comes down to how well the customer knows the product, (If you know the customer, there is a pre-existing relationship) if the customer has been burnt/scorched previously (Think eBay / PayPal) or in just plain luck someone has emphasised to find that little gold icon at the bottom of the screen.

I'm not sure how seriously forum participants take their online businesses and quite frankly it's their own decision depending on how much time and money they are will to invest in their outlook.

At the moment I'm managing a very successful website and while I solely am not 100% responsible for elements that are in place I've had a large input and consultantcy role for the last 2 years.

If you are willing to bet that all SSL's are the same, be my guest and I'll say nothing more in the matter. BUT at this time I make the decision to purchase an expensive SSL certificate. Does anybody respect "GoDaddy" hosted websites and who would trust the SSL to come from the same vendor?

This isn't just a "smart people" group that I interviewed but part of what makes "the internet" stupid. My own mother looks for the golden padlock and while it doesn't seem to be much her credit-card won't even touch the space next to the keyboard without one.

I'm not saying mum and pop owners go out and fork over 700 for a padlock; but since I do 10 times that per day it's darm worth it for me.
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• dragondf
  • Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 05:24 PM #52

Hello Indy 007-7 (Bond, Indy Bond...ehehe)

I have spent 5minutes to find something in this webpage from Amazon to see that Veri Sign is its SSL certificate. I thought there is a banner or something like that.
I thought that Kaspersky was blocking the image. I turn off the anti-virus protection and the IMAGE (seal) did not appear.

When you say about ADDRESS BAR I was in it. I thought that all tool bar wold change the color (using Firefox) but just a litle peace in the left or the address change the size and color.

In attachment you can see the image of a printscreen of the webpage.

It was not very easy to see it. :(

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• AmazonSSL.jpg

--

• indy0077
  • Banned
  • 1431 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 06:02 PM #53

In attachment you can see the image of a printscreen of the webpage. It was not very easy to see it. :(

Thanks!

Bingo, you found it after 40 hours :cool:

• Noman
  • Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:05 PM #54

This means Indy, no really matter what you have and how much you paid for it as long as the padlock shows and SSL works.

Bingo, you found it after 40 hours :cool:

I'm Number 1, so why try harder?

CIA wannabe or having doubts and need some answers?
Spy Gadgets and CCTV Equipment

• indy0077
  • Banned
  • 1431 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:21 PM #55

This means Indy, no really matter what you have and how much you paid for it as long as the padlock shows and SSL works.

I don't understand how can you work in IT.

• Noman
  • Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 12:07 AM #56

Indy, if dragon?? couldn't find it I believe, most customers won't. I'm very focused on security, but I won't let marketing guys drag me down insisting the only SSL for 300USD is the best and will do the job. The one for 10 bucks, still uses Secure Socket Layer and encrypts data with 128Bit.

I know, on 300$ the profit is bigger.

I don't understand how can you work in IT.

I'm Number 1, so why try harder?

CIA wannabe or having doubts and need some answers?
Spy Gadgets and CCTV Equipment

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 12:15 AM #57

Indy, if dragon?? couldn't find it I believe, most customers won't

Nor will they even waste their time looking for it! :cool:
Cooking with Gas on Version 4.1.2 (But proceeding with caution....)

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 12:36 AM #58

Does anybody respect "GoDaddy" hosted websites and who would trust the SSL to come from the same vendor?

Exactly, and in the end, this is still all about marketing, nothing more.

Point being, in no place on my site will I have a pop-up or otherwise that says: SSL Seal by Go-Daddy, or Site Secured by Go-Daddy, or "Don't Worry, go-daddy.com Guarantees Your Safety on Our Site" for that matter I don't want the name go-daddy related to my site in any way shape or form. Simply because go-daddy isn't exactly known for their expertise in online security, they are known for CHEAP, along with their awesome Superbowl girly commercials, of which I am looking forward to seeing next week while watching the Colts seriously drop a 55 gal drum of asswhip on the Saints!

Instead give me a pretty seal that says Geotrust 128 Bit Encryption and a nice shiny padlock along with an https: displayed in the url for $15.00 and I feel satisfied that we are projecting an adequate sense of security & professionalism to our customers (without flushing money down the toilet).

• pbannette
  • Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:25 AM #59

Hi,
I find this post interesting, especially since I am looking for a SSL certificate.
I don't understand the wide range of prices for the same certificate.
Example: GeoTrust QuickSSL Premium is $299.00 for one year directly from GeoTrust. From a reseller it is $65.00 for one year for the same certificate. Is there really this much of a price difference for SSL Certificates? What is the difference between purchasing from a reseller or from the Original source? The only time I have a problem is initial installation, after that, I never have a problem.
Bob

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:38 AM #60

Bob,

Maybe you could consider buying your SSL Cert from Indy since she is a regular on the forum and appears to be a sweet person.

And besides all that, she is supposed to be creating some super duper special deal for fellow CS-Cart forum members! ;)

http://www.martfox.c...ertificates.php

Only problem is she needs to convert her prices to US Dollars so we can figure out the prices without a calculator. ;)