Banner not showing on my e-Shop.Very strange one.

Hi,

I see to have a very strange issue at the moment with my banner.

The top right above the My Account block there should be a banner. On my home PC I can go to this URI and it shows the banner, however on my works PC and my clients PC we just see a white space.

I have tried various image formats including .PNG & currently .JPG. But on any other PC than my home one it just doesn’t work. I’ve also checked other things like localizations and they are all selected.

I have looked at the properties of the white space and it says the type of image is a GIF, but this is clearly not true as it ends with the .jpg extension. View the attachment to see what I mean.

I’m really struggling to think of an answer. If any of you open my page can you see the banner?. Thanks :?

banner_error.JPG

I can see it.

I can see it as well. The properties of the image are [url]http://thepetexperience.co.uk/eshop/images/banner/delivery-truck.jpg[/url]

Hmm I really don’t understand.

Is there anything you can think I can do to resolve this?.

I’ve tried deleting cookies and history but it still doesn’t seem to show. It works on my home PC fine but not on my works PC or the clients PC. Refer to attachment.

banner_error.JPG

I’ve now worked out what’s causing the issue.

It’s Kaspersky anti virus’s anti-banner feature. I just closed kaspersky and it now shows.

I’ve decided to totally remove the banner and turn it into a html block. Otherwise anyone that uses Kaspersky is not going to see the advertisement. If any of you use the banner block then you may want to have a little think about this…

cheers

EDIT: I’m using Kaspersky 6 at work and the client has Kaspersky 2009/2010 antivirus edition I do believe.

Thank you for posting your fix. It will help others who may face the same issue.

Also may I update on this.

Kaspersky blocks the URL of the image. I also had to change the location of the image to get it to work.

Obviously this would only effect people with Kasperssky that have loaded the website when the banner is active. So obviously if you have been using the banner for a while then I would recommend creating a html block, and putting the image in a different location.

cheers

[quote name=‘jbenitos’]I’ve now worked out what’s causing the issue.

It’s Kaspersky anti virus’s anti-banner feature. I just closed kaspersky and it now shows.

I’ve decided to totally remove the banner and turn it into a html block. Otherwise anyone that uses Kaspersky is not going to see the advertisement. If any of you use the banner block then you may want to have a little think about this…

cheers

EDIT: I’m using Kaspersky 6 at work and the client has Kaspersky 2009/2010 antivirus edition I do believe.[/QUOTE]

I was with the same problem.

I have Kaspersky anti-virus, too.

Thanks for your post. I was very helpul for me.

I changed the blocks, images properties and nothing worked…eheheheh.

Kaspersky is a very common anti-virus. This will happen with a lot of people, inclusive clients.

Good post.

:slight_smile: