Add to Paid Order

I have a situation that I would appreciate some ideas.

I have a customer who purchased a product that we engrave for an additional fee. They entered the engraving information, but did not check the box to add the engraving fee to the order.

Is there any way you can think of to add that engraving fee back to the order and have that be a remaining balance?

Thanks,

Adam

Maybe you could just create a product called engraving?.

And ask the customer to buy that item so that you can proceed with engraving the product?. Then if you print invoices, just print both and staple them together.

That’s the only advice I can think of. Maybe someone has a better idea.

[QUOTE]I have a situation that I would appreciate some ideas.

I have a customer who purchased a product that we engrave for an additional fee. They entered the engraving information, but did not check the box to add the engraving fee to the order.

Is there any way you can think of to add that engraving fee back to the order and have that be a remaining balance?

Thanks,

Adam[/QUOTE]

You will most likely have to manually edit this order through your admin panel to include this engraving fee. Then, depending upon your payment processor, you will probably need to manually process this additonal charge thru your card virtual terminal. If you are setup to authorize & capture seperately, then of course you should be able to just capture the higher amount which includes the engraving fee. How did the customer manage to place the order without this fee being added to the order, can’t this be setup so that the fee is mandatory part of checkout?

[quote name=‘Struck’]You will most likely have to manually edit this order through your admin panel to include this engraving fee.[/QUOTE]

Struck,

Thanks for responding. I tried to manually edit this order and check the box to include engraving and nothing happened. It didn’t add anything to this order. I don’t know what to do to get the additonal $10 fee on there.

[quote name=‘Struck’]How did the customer manage to place the order without this fee being added to the order, can’t this be setup so that the fee is mandatory part of checkout?[/QUOTE]

I wish. If you look at all of my engravable products, you can see that I put the engraving choice at the top (http://www.boyscoutstore.com/eagle-scout-coin-knife.html). If I make it required then it would make it require to purchase engraving, right? Maybe I should change it to a radial and then have them choose an option.

What would be really great is if I could make the engraving option activate the other options on the product so in order to type in the boxes, they would need to check engraving. Is that possible?

Thanks again for the reply.

Adam

Hello Jeg,

Just a quick thought, however, I believe you need to set this up so that the four engraving choices you show are setup as as “Options” of your initial products of which each will have a specific, additional charge depending upon the number of lines being engraved. The way you have it setup now, you will be running into alot of similar pricing issues in the future as in you will be spending loads of time just adjusting order pricing & collecting your money!! The “Options” method is designed to solve these problems because when they choose the option, the price is adjusted accordingly!

Viewing the product page, how do I know how much extra it will cost me to have engraving added?

[quote name=‘Struck’]I believe you need to set this up so that the four engraving choices you show are setup as as “Options” of your initial products of which each will have a specific, additional charge depending upon the number of lines being engraved. The way you have it setup now, you will be running into alot of similar pricing issues in the future as in you will be spending loads of time just adjusting order pricing & collecting your money!! The “Options” method is designed to solve these problems because when they choose the option, the price is adjusted accordingly![/QUOTE]

Struck,

That is a great idea. I just don’t know how to implement it. I have a flat rate to do the engraving, no matter how many lines. If I add that flat rate to each line, it would make it very expensive to do all the lines.

I like the line of thinking to help me solve the problems. Any other thoughts?

Adam

[quote name=‘Struck’]Viewing the product page, how do I know how much extra it will cost me to have engraving added?[/QUOTE]

Good question. I don’t know if there is a way to show that with CS-Cart, do you?

Thanks,

Adam

[QUOTE]Good question. I don’t know if there is a way to show that with CS-Cart, do you?[/QUOTE]

If you set your engraving choices up as “Product Options”, then yes, each option will clearly show the extra cost for each choice! :wink:

I work with plenty of options, however, do nothing with engraving, so, hopefully I am not missing something here!:wink:

You do owe it to yourself to create an experimental product using the product options to get a feel as to how this would work for you. You can also set the product options up so that each option has a unique product sku.

[QUOTE]I have a flat rate to do the engraving, no matter how many lines.[/QUOTE]

Well, in this case you may only need to show one single product option named “Add Engraving” with a cost for this option of $10.00. :wink:

Customer selects the option to “Add Engraving”, the product price is increased by $10.00, customer pays for the complete package, you have your money, all is sweeeeeeeet.

[quote name=‘Struck’]If you set your engraving choices up as “Product Options”, then yes, each option will clearly show the extra cost for each choice! ;)[/QUOTE]

Struck,

I must me missing something. I don’t see anywhere to show the cost of the product options. I just added it in the “Name” and that might help, but all of these are product options and the one called “Engraving” does not show the price. Where am I missing this?

I also setup a dummy product and it still didn’t show the price.

Adam

[quote name=‘Struck’]Well, in this case you may only need to show one single product option named “Add Engraving” with a cost for this option of $10.00. ;)[/QUOTE]

If I did that, then I couldn’t collect what text they wanted to engrave. :slight_smile:

Not trying to be difficult, just want to discuss the different options.

Either I am missing something with how I could set it up or CS-Cart could add an option to make a Product option enable other product options.

Like I mentioned, I do not offering engraving, so I am not familiar with the process of collecting the engraving particulars in the order process. I do however believe this is a two step process as in First obtaining payment for the option, & secondly collecting the details of the engraving text.

Hey Jeg,

“Product Options” do take a bit to fully get a handle on as they are rather complex at times. I would highly suggest you read this: [URL=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation as it explains alot of the process in setting these up.

PS: Like I mentioned, I don’t have experience in setting up for product engraving, BUT, I think you want to focus on using a “Text” Type Option! :wink:

I’m not a php programmer, but for someone it should be very easy to implemet it into the template.

Something like (not in a php language):

1. if line xy is equal abc then allow add to cart
  2. if line xy is not equal abc then check filed is required (don’t allow add to cart)
  3. if line 2 is true then allow add to cart

[QUOTE]I’m not a php programmer, but for someone it should be very easy to implemet it into the template.

Something like (not in a php language):

1. if line xy is equal abc then allow add to cart
  2. if line xy is not equal abc then check filed is required (don’t allow add to cart)
  3. if line 2 is true then allow add to cart[/QUOTE]

Hi Indy!

And this is exactly why you are not a php programmer… LOL

This is how we handled additional payments back in 1969, today we have “Product Options” which actually adjust the price accordingly as well as updating the product SKU when necessary! :smiley:

PS: I just had to tease you a little bit today Indy, that’s all, only kidding! :wink:

[quote name=‘Struck’]Hey Jeg,

“Product Options” do take a bit to fully get a handle on as they are rather complex at times. I would highly suggest you read this: [URL=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation as it explains alot of the process in setting these up.

PS: Like I mentioned, I don’t have experience in setting up for product engraving, BUT, I think you want to focus on using a “Text” Type Option! ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks Struck!

I actually read this KB Article to set this up in the first place. They just don’t show the pricing and you can’t link one to another.

I am happy to pay a PHP Programmer to do this, just need to know where to go next.

I don’t think that CS-Cart will do what I need right out of the box with this one.

Adam

[QUOTE]They just don’t show the pricing [/QUOTE]

Sure they do!

The option name = Add Engraving

The option type = Text (or Text Area)

Then after you created the Option, you will add “Variants” (one single variant, or many if desired) such as Little Text & Lotta Text. Then you notice under each variant “Modifier” where you specify the additional price for the Variant (you may enter +10 whereas when selected, this variant choice will Increase your product price by $10.00)

Struck,

I really appreciate your willingness to help.

[quote name=‘Struck’]Sure they do!

The option name = Add Engraving

The option type = Text (or Text Area)

Then after you created the Option, you will add “Variants” (one single variant, or many if desired) such as Little Text & Lotta Text. Then you notice under each variant “Modifier” where you specify the additional price for the Variant (you may enter +10 whereas when selected, this variant choice will Increase your product price by $10.00)[/QUOTE]

I have that variant chosen for engraving to add $10 to the price. What I was trying to say to answer your question above about

[quote name=‘Struck’]Viewing the product page, how do I know how much extra it will cost me to have engraving added?[/QUOTE]

It does not show the variant amount on the customer-end of the store unless you add it in the Name. Does that make sense? Am I missing an option to show the variant price?

If you check the Engraving Box right now, it will increase the price by $10. The difficulty for SOME customers is that they enter what they want engraved and don’t check the box.

Adam

[quote]And this is exactly why you are not a php programmer… LOL[/quote]Sorry :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: