Design Mode Options Not Working

Running 2.0.8. Installed licence key, upgraded ->2.0.9->2.0.10->2.0.11. Many problems, but those for another posting.

However, translation and customization mode no longer work!

When I switch to VIEW STOREFRONT I just see the store as it normally is. No options to edit.

I see a few posts, but no solutions!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

You must be logged in as the administrator on the storefront

I am logged in as admin (am the only admin user).

Still does not allow me access.

Just to follow the proper steps:

• Admin->Design
  • Click Enable Customization Mode

A link should pop up above The Customization Model button that says “View Storefront in customization mode”

If you click that, it should work… I attached a picture

designmode.jpg

I have done just that. It was working before the upgrade fiasco.

I get everything as it should be in the backend mode and it all works, but the moment I choose “view storefront in xxxx mode” I just get the site as if I had gone to it normally. A few hours ago I used to be able to edit …

hm… I’m still on 2.0.10 so maybe its a bug in .11 …

I logged a support ticket and will post the resolution as soon as I get it. Seems as if I am not the only one who has had this problem…

Strange, it works for me.

I just upgraded to 2.011 and tested this feature. No problems, works correctly for me.

Bob

Here is the official reply and fix … it does work using the fix provided. :smiley:

=============================

The problem is caused by the fact that the automatic signing in as administrator in the storefront does not work properly. As a temporary solution I suggest logging in to the storefront as administrator manually.

Please check it and let us know the result.

We will contact you as soon as the problem is resolved.

Thank you.

I tried doing that myself and the link to view storefront does not come up the button is is just something u can click n hope a coin comes out but nothing happens I also tried logging in as front end as admin still nothing.

I’ve been having a similar issue. I’m using version 2.1.1 and my design mode was working fine as well. Then all of a sudden, the “Disable Customization Mode” button doesn’t toggle any more. It’s stuck in the design mode. Anyone else have a fix for this?

[quote name=‘gpmichal’]I’ve been having a similar issue. I’m using version 2.1.1 and my design mode was working fine as well. Then all of a sudden, the “Disable Customization Mode” button doesn’t toggle any more. It’s stuck in the design mode. Anyone else have a fix for this?[/QUOTE]

Clear cache

Two days ago, both modes worked perfectly, and then suddenly they just stopped! No updgrade, no changes to the foundation, except that I imported a batch of products.

Now the buttons simply refresh the page and do nothing… weird and annoying!

Anybody else have this happen and any fixes known?

(Clear Cache doesn’t help, browser isn’t the issue, tried 3)

I’m having the same problem with enabling the translation mode and the customization mode as everyone else is on this thread. Upgraded to 2.1.1 release date of 9/0610. It stopped working recently. The only files I’ve made changes to are the style css.

I also can’t figure out how to get a submenu item to not show up under a tab.

Link below is to the site. Note it is in a temporary build state.

When you click on “Company” tab it has “Health library” in a sub menu. I can’t get “health library” out of it. Even if I go to “Pages” and then to “Company” page-edit and select “none” for subcategories it still shows up along with “contact”. I don’t even know how contact got there. And yes I clicked “save” for the changes.

What am I missing?? I think if I could get into the customization and translation mode I could maybe figure this out.

[quote name=‘Steve Rio’]Two days ago, both modes worked perfectly, and then suddenly they just stopped! No updgrade, no changes to the foundation, except that I imported a batch of products.

Now the buttons simply refresh the page and do nothing… weird and annoying!

Anybody else have this happen and any fixes known?

(Clear Cache doesn’t help, browser isn’t the issue, tried 3)[/QUOTE]

My install of 2.1.1 is doing exactly the same thing, and it also does not save changes made to the storefront as far as the appearance goes. (i.e. default product sorting, number of products per page, etc) clearing cookies / cache has no effect for me either…still searching for a fix

Yeah, mine too

Me Too, Design Mode options were working and now stopped working. I tried clearing the cache and compiled directories. I’ve logged in as admin manually. No change.

Sounds crazy but I think I found the solution…

While logged in as an admin, just hit :

[url]http://www.yourstore.com/admin.php?cc[/url]

(that is, add ?cc after your admin.php)

How to dissable it again? just hit the same :

[url]http://www.yourstore.com/admin.php?cc[/url]

:roll:

[size=4][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]I thought I would share a document I created some time ago (circa v2.1.x).

The most likely cause is due to cookies, cache and cookies! Follow these steps and you will have Design Mode working in any web browser for years to come! I hope you find this useful as many of my clients have. :)[/font][/size]

[quote]

[center][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]CS-CART HELP [size=6]|[/size] ENABLE LIVE CUSTOMISATION MODE[/size][/font][/center]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=4]STEP ONE:[/size][/font][list]

[][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=4]Log in to the Administrator Area i[/i] and open the following URL: [u][url=“http://Domain.com/MyShop/admin.php?cc”]http://Domain.com/MyShop/admin.php?cc[/url][/u] (note: confirm the ‘admin.php’ filename).[/size][/font]

[
][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=4]Log out or sign out of both the Administrator Area AND the Customer Area i[/i] of the site.[/size][/font]

[/list]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=4]STEP TWO:[/size][/font][list]

[][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=4]To confirm no issues exist in the browser, clear your web browsers’ Cache AND Cookies. There is no need to clear your History.[/size][/font]

[
][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=4]Google Chrome users - please try disabling any download managers AND all plug-in’s! (I’m speaking from experience here! :) )[/size][/font]

[/list]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=4]STEP THREE:[/size][/font][list]

[][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=4]Once completed, log in to the Front-End of your online shop (e.g. ‘example@domain.com’ and ‘password’). Please double-check the user you are logging in as has administrator privileges![/size][/font]

[
][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=4]Once logged in, proceed to log in to the Back-End of your online shop (as performed above).[/size][/font]

[/list]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=4]STEP FOUR:[/size][/font][list]

[][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=4]From the menu at the top right of the Back-End, click “DESIGN” menu and then “DESIGN MODE” sub-menu.[/size][/font]

[
][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=4]Click the “ENABLE CUSTOMISATION MODE” button.[/size][/font]

[][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=4]Click the “VIEW STOREFRONT IN CUSTOMISATION MODE” link.[/size][/font]

[
][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=4]You will now be redirected to the Front-End of your Store and you will observe additional icons and colours on each page. If you need help using this feature, please refer to the CS-Cart online documentation.[/size][/font]

[/list]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=4]STEP FIVE:[/size][/font][list]

[][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=4]Once thrilled with your success and satisfied with some changes, return back to the “DESIGN” menu located at the top right. Click on the “DESIGN MODE” sub-menu.[/size][/font]

[
][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=4]On the page where you previously enabled the customisation mode, please now click “DISABLE CUSTOMISATION MODE”.[/size][/font]

[/list]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=4]Congratulations! :)[/size]

[/quote][/font]