Install problems

Hi All,

Actually I’m using interspire for one of my stores, I have another online store to do. Since I was quite deceived with the first solution (very slow and almost inexistant customer support, forum almost unused, and i still have some problems, characters (I’m using the french langage), and so on, I have decided to try cs-cart.

I dont want to do the error that I did with interspire, I prefer to test it before buying.

My problem is right after the install I have this error::

Warning: require(/somedomain.com/store/lib/templater/Smarty.class.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /somedomain.com/store/core/class.templater.php on line 12

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/somedomain.com/store/lib/templater/Smarty.class.php’ (include_path=‘/somedomain.com/store/lib/pear/.:/usr/lib/php5’) in /somedomain.com/store/core/class.templater.php on line 12

that is the error I am getting everytime I visit the domain this was installed on.

[quote name=‘Unregistered’]Guys, I dont understand why nobody answer, am I the only one who have this problem?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps not the only person, but it is not a common problem based on the lack of reports in the forum.

Can you tell us some more about your installation (e.g., OS, PHP version)? How have you set your permissions?

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Perhaps not the only person, but it is not a common problem based on the lack of reports in the forum.

Can you tell us some more about your installation (e.g., OS, PHP version)? How have you set your permissions?

Bob[/QUOTE]

Thank you for replying i was loosing hope.

OS I dont know ( i think linux, unix, since it uses apache) actually but the server is running php 5.

Yes I have set the permissions exactly as specified, and searched in all the documentation but this error is not indexed.

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Perhaps not the only person, but it is not a common problem based on the lack of reports in the forum.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Thank you for replying i was loosing hope.

OS I dont know actually but the server is running php 5.

Yes I have set the permissions exactly as specified, and searched in all the documentation but this error is not indexed.

I have seen this issue related to permissions before. Make sure the directory permissions are set as required in the install doc.

[quote name=‘whiplash13’]I have seen this issue related to permissions before. Make sure the directory permissions are set as required in the install doc.[/QUOTE]

Or NOT! :rolleyes:

With very rare exception, following the “install doc” instructions from CS-Cart is actually precisely what causes nearly every “permission” related problem with new CS-Cart installations.

On servers with DSO (Apache Module) based PHP, you COULD follow CS-Cart’s instructions but even then it’s not really all that recommended due to some very substantial security complications.

With ANY OTHER type of PHP whether that be SuPHP, phpSuExec, FastCGI, or similar FCGI, (and this accounts for the vast majority of all hosting servers out there now), anyone following the instructions that CS-Cart provides as given will for certain cause everything from program glitches, heavy loading problems, to even causing the site to go completely down with “Error 500” situations.

Spiral the God has spoken you can close the thread! Apparently the experiences of others in this forum are meaningless.

Why not contact cs-cart support?

I have contacted yesterday the support, and this moring I have an answer, I have to change the permissions.

Is there a way to apply permissions at the same time to the repertories, subrepertories and files?

I hope this will solve my problem.

I’m uploading another time all the trial version, because changing all the permissions file by file would take me ages…

My problem is solved thanks to the quick answer of the technical staff!

I’m starting testing the 2.0.12

What did they tell you to set the permissions to?

Bob

[quote name=‘Spiral’]Or NOT! :rolleyes:

With very rare exception, following the “install doc” instructions from CS-Cart is actually precisely what causes nearly every “permission” related problem with new CS-Cart installations.

On servers with DSO (Apache Module) based PHP, you COULD follow CS-Cart’s instructions but even then it’s not really all that recommended due to some very substantial security complications.

With ANY OTHER type of PHP whether that be SuPHP, phpSuExec, FastCGI, or similar FCGI, (and this accounts for the vast majority of all hosting servers out there now), anyone following the instructions that CS-Cart provides as given will for certain cause everything from program glitches, heavy loading problems, to even causing the site to go completely down with “Error 500” situations.[/QUOTE]

Spiral-

Can you provide specific recommendations for permissions/file ownership on DSO installations? I think this will be very helpful for a number of forum members.

Bob

[quote name=‘netjet’]I have contacted yesterday the support, and this moring I have an answer, I have to change the permissions.

Is there a way to apply permissions at the same time to the repertories, subrepertories and files?

I hope this will solve my problem.[/QUOTE]

Just call your webhost and have them do it for you. It will take them only a few minutes to runs a script.

Here are the news:

I have followed what the support told me:

[quote]

777 permissions for the “catalog” directory (and its subdirectories and files).

777 permissions for the “images” directory (and its subdirectories and files).

777 permissions for the “skins” directory (and its subdirectories and files).

777 permissions for the “var” directory (and its subdirectories and files).

755 permissions for other directories and 644 permissions for its files

644 permissions for the files located in the root directory of your CS-Cart installation

[/quote]

But I used a fresh install and new upload to the server and everything was ok.

Thank you to the quick answer of Alexander.

Honnestly here is my opinion after 4hours of testing (sorry for my bad english):

1- The support staff is quick and present, which is not the case for interpire, I didnt test anything else.

2- There is a trial version which is a very good thing because it let the user to test in real conditions.

3 - The forum is full of people who want to help! And this is for me a very important point.

4 - There is much more functions in cs-cart, I dont know the previous versions, but this one I’m testing is very powerful

5 - I’m using the french version (which is not exist on interspire), it’s not a problem of translation (which is not a big deal) but of encoding. With interspire I had a lot lot of problems with the encoding. But this is not my final opinion since I need more time for testing the encoding in cs-cart.

6- The seo is much much better, alt images, etc…

7- The statistic module is very good we do have detailled informations, much more the other cart I have tested.

8 - The documentation base is well documented, there is a lot of questions that find answer there. (in the kb base). Bravo to the staff!

But:

1- I have noticed that cs-cart is slower than interspire, but I still have to configure cs-cart.

I will post another more detailled review after testing it more deeply.

[quote name=‘netjet’]I have contacted yesterday the support, and this moring I have an answer, I have to change the permissions.

I hope this will solve my problem.[/quote]

Yes, through a FTP prog like FileZilla. You can make bulk permission changes with one click like all folder and subfolder to 755 etc.

As next, I would recommend to upload unzipped files to the server, don’t unpack the zip package on the server through cPanel or other hosting panel.

When extracting a zip file containing a folder hierarchy, you will get problems, when the sub-folders are created since, the parent folder is created with incorrect permissions.

Part of the problem lies in archive.php in the extractCurrent() method, where the permission fallback, is set to 0777, but this is also run through the octdec() command, whereas mkdir expects an octal value.

For example, if we do unzip the original zip package on one test server, some files and folders (not recommend in the manual) will get 777 or 666 permisions e.g. admin.php, index.php etc.

Other solution which would work faster is to unzip the package on your computer and then zip it again, upload this package to the server and unzip. Then set the permissions as in manual except the line which say to set all files inside the var folder to 666. That’s wrong. The files inside var folder should have 644 permissions.

Change edit the code in your config.php file from:

[quote]// Default permissions for newly created files and directories

define(‘DEFAULT_FILE_PERMISSIONS’, 0666);

define(‘DEFAULT_DIR_PERMISSIONS’, 0777);[/quote]to:

[quote]

// Default permissions for newly created files and directories

define(‘DEFAULT_FILE_PERMISSIONS’, 0644);

define(‘DEFAULT_DIR_PERMISSIONS’, 0755);[/quote]

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=14898[/url]

[quote name=‘indy0077’]As next, I would recommend to upload unzipped files to the server, don’t unpack the zip package on the server through cPanel or other hosting panel.

When extracting a zip file containing a folder hierarchy, you will get problems, when the sub-folders are created since, the parent folder is created with incorrect permissions.

Part of the problem lies in archive.php in the extractCurrent() method, where the permission fallback, is set to 0777, but this is also run through the octdec() command, whereas mkdir expects an octal value.

For example, if we do unzip the original zip package on one test server, some files and folders (not recommend in the manual) will get 777 or 666 permisions e.g. admin.php, index.php etc.

Other solution which would work faster is to unzip the package on your computer and then zip it again, upload this package to the server and unzip. Then set the permissions as in manual except the line which say to set all files inside the var folder to 666. That’s wrong. The files inside var folder should have 644 permissions.

Change edit the code in your config.php file from:

to:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=14898[/url][/QUOTE]

Thank you all for your answers.

I was suspecting two things actually:

• The unzipping
  • The ftp software

But since I dont know those things, I did know how to solve.

Finally I have unpacked on my computer, after I uploaded the files with ftp expert, after changed the permissions as the support staff told me (and not like in the install file) and things worked.

Indy I will probably buy it from you :wink:

Now I have another problems:

1- I have activated the seo addon but I have a lot of 404 errors…I know that this is not specific to cs-cart since I already had this kind of problem in joomla, but I dont remember how to solve it. Some help please?

2- I dont want to sell online, I only want to use the site as a catalog, how can I desactivate all the selling modules? I have disabled the cart but I still have a message “[Sign in to view price]” Any suggestions?

Make sure you have mod_rewrite enbled then in your .htaccess file it assumes you installed the cart in the root of your webserver. If you didn’t, you need to specify the folder so for example if you installed your cart in a folder called cscart it should be as below:

RewriteBase /cscart

More information is available here as well.

[quote name=‘whiplash13’]Make sure you have mod_rewrite enbled then in your .htaccess file it assumes you installed the cart in the root of your webserver. If you didn’t, you need to specify the folder so for example if you installed your cart in a folder called cscart it should be as below:

RewriteBase /cscart

More information is available here as well.[/QUOTE]

RewriteBase /cscart

Thank you. It works, cs-cart was installed in a subdirectory.

Another question just to be sure, am I will be able to export all the modifications, and database from trial version to registered one easily?