Location of graphics for gift certificate?

Hi,

I want to modify the colours & images of my gift certificate but can’t seem to find it.

Does anyone know where I need to look for this?

Why don’t you use Fire Fox with the Firebug add on and then you can find all this stuff yourself.

Thanks for your reply. The trouble is if I inspect elements on the gift certificate I only get the following:

element.style {
-x-system-font:none;
color:#0C3F6A;
font-family:Tahoma;
font-size:14px;
font-size-adjust:none;
font-stretch:normal;
font-style:normal;
font-variant:normal;
font-weight:bold;
line-height:normal;

I can’t see how I can change the background colour with this :frowning:

or am I just using the firebug tool wrong?

Cheers

Do you use the firefox web developer extension? If not get it. Under Information you will find ‘Display Element Information’ this will enable you to highlight the box that you want to change and give you the class/id name, then:

1/ Right click in your browser window, select view source, in the head section you will find the path to the styles document:

2/ Follow the path in your install and open the file.

3/ Search in the file for the class/id name.

4/ Edit colour it to suit.

5/ Remove specializing in web development from your site until you can perform at least the most basic of customization tasks.

[QUOTE]5/ Remove specializing in web development from your site until you can perform at least the most basic of customization tasks[/QUOTE]

Haha very funny. I outsource my work. I’m the company directory and I have a team.

I’m just trying to learn to do things myself so I can help out. Jeez give me a break man i’m only trying to learn from you guys and gals, and I will be more than willing to help others when I learn stuff.

Everyone needs help from time to time. Yeah there are books but sometimes a bit of help from another human being can be useful. We all start somewhere and my belief is that a combination of forums, research and books is the way forward.

At the end of the day i’m sure the CS Cart team would agree, and I bet the primary purpose they set this forum up is so people can help each other. We all have our own level of experience and it’s hardly fair to make negative comments.

I’m not having a go. But I just don’t think it’s very nice to slate someone because they want to learn, especially when you don’t know their background and level of experience.

Thanks

The help I just gave you was not negative and of course your welcome. Look closer at what you have in front of you as learning by asking will take you a lifetime. The CS Cart Team can also provide excellent support should you require information and support specific to their software.

Any comments I make are mine and mine alone.

The reason your getting shafted is that you don’t even reply to threads where people have taken their time and expertise to leave replies/solutions for your benefit without a hint of gratitude…

You’ll notice I’m yet to respond to any of your threads because to date it’s all been assistance requests and nothing to the assistance of others.

Wish you all the best.

J.

[quote name=‘jbenitos’]I’m just trying to learn to do things myself so I can help out. Jeez give me a break man i’m only trying to learn from you guys and gals, and I will be more than willing to help others when I learn stuff.

Everyone needs help from time to time. Yeah there are books but sometimes a bit of help from another human being can be useful. We all start somewhere and my belief is that a combination of forums, research and books is the way forward.

At the end of the day i’m sure the CS Cart team would agree, and I bet the primary purpose they set this forum up is so people can help each other. We all have our own level of experience and it’s hardly fair to make negative comments.

I’m not having a go. But I just don’t think it’s very nice to slate someone because they want to learn, especially when you don’t know their background and level of experience.

Thanks[/quote]

I understand that and i’m sorry if I haven’t replied to all my threads.

The trouble I have is that I have so many questions (being a newbie), and i’m so busy I haven’t got around to checking all the threads yet. Also at the moment I can’t really help anyone as I have no knowledge of CS Cart.

Anyways I wont dig a hole for myself.

The best thing you can do is to install a local installation and play with it. Most of the information you need can be found on the forum and in the CS-Cart Knowledgebase. Back up or keep copies of the files you are about to change so you can restore them.

This way you can’t go wrong and you can make all the changes you like to see if they work rather than making the changes to a live site or a customer’s site.

If you search the forum, you will find answers for the previous version of CS-Cart. Even if the templates aren’t in the same place, this should give you some idea of where to look before asking for help on the forum.

So good luck. Don’t stop asking questions, but make sure you have checked the forum and the Knowledgebase for previous answers first.

And come back and let everyone know if what they have suggested worked or not. This also lets people know in the future whether the “fix” that has been posted has worked and whether they also can safely make the changes. I know I have been frustrated at times finding a “solution” to my problem on the forum but then not having any follow-up in the posting as to whether the solution actually did solve the problem.

Thanks Lyn :slight_smile:

I’m sure I will learn.

Lyn is right. A local installation is great. Most of my changes are tested on my localhost for quite a while before they go live. One exception was the Upfront script and I have already discussed in a different thread how that worked out.

I use Dreamweaver combined with my localhost. With Dreamweaver I can see all the files in the site section. Then when I save a file all I have to do is just refresh my page. Because it is a local installation I don’t have to upload anything. This saves me a ton of time and I am able to see my results, good or bad, much faster and am able to correct them faster.

Brandon

I was in a similar position to jbenitos just in October, but if I can give jbenitos some advice.

You can’t continue to take from the bank “CS-Cart Community” and expect their to be any money left. You have to deposit at some time.

I quickly realized that this was a great community, but in the term “community” I couldn’t just take and not give.

So I decided I would read the entire User Manual ([url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation) and the entire Knowledgebase (http://kb2.cs-cart.com/). I also search the heck out of the forums and finally I paid for support so I could get answers to my questions and post back to the community.

You just have to put in the time. If you don’t have the time to invest in the community, why should the community invest in your project?

Now I am not a coder so I can’t post to everyone what code changes to make. That is like a foreign language for me, but I can answer the low hanging fruit and that will hopefully get me assistance when I need it from some of the developers in the community.

I would also suggest if you get to the point that you need a significant amount of assistance, you can pay the developers in the community and they can assist you.

Good luck!

Just my two cents.

Adam

[quote name=‘jegesmaci’]I was in a similar position to jbenitos just in October, but if I can give jbenitos some advice.

You can’t continue to take from the bank “CS-Cart Community” and expect their to be any money left. You have to deposit at some time.

I quickly realized that this was a great community, but in the term “community” I couldn’t just take and not give.

So I decided I would read the entire User Manual ([url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation) and the entire Knowledgebase (http://kb2.cs-cart.com/). I also search the heck out of the forums and finally I paid for support so I could get answers to my questions and post back to the community.

You just have to put in the time. If you don’t have the time to invest in the community, why should the community invest in your project?

Now I am not a coder so I can’t post to everyone what code changes to make. That is like a foreign language for me, but I can answer the low hanging fruit and that will hopefully get me assistance when I need it from some of the developers in the community.

I would also suggest if you get to the point that you need a significant amount of assistance, you can pay the developers in the community and they can assist you.

Good luck!

Just my two cents.

Adam[/QUOTE]

Well said!! I especially liked the "low hanging fruit’ part.

Thanks very much. I’m learning as fast as I can.

I’m sure I will be depositing very soon. I just hope I get more ‘cart’ work as i’m really enjoying it.