Drop down menu in search inside admin area. How?

I have noticed in the demo cart that the search is done on a dropdown menu see pic.

but for some reason I still have the same BS way of searching see pic:

So my question is very simple… how to make my search in a dropdown like the demo version since its alot simple and effective?

Oh Im using the same version 2.0.10

Thank you

I think this is a feature. When you have categories more than 2 levels deep it switches to the other method, because a dropdown with three or more levels would be complicated.

The demo cart only has 2 levels deep. Do you have more than 2 levels deep of categories?

Hi

Yes I do.

I sell car headlights and for exemple.

BMW (main category)

→ 1 Series

->3 Series

Audi (main category)

->Audi A3

->Audi A4

and so on

just liek the demo store

Three levels deep means

Main Category

→ Sub Category

-------> Sub Sub Category *** Third level category

→ Sub Category

Main Category

I do not think the demo store goes down to sub sub category.

Do you have any of these on your site. If so, it might explain the difference.

[quote name=‘Triplets’]When you have categories more than 2 levels deep it switches to the other method, because a dropdown with three or more levels would be complicated.[/QUOTE]

Triplets is right, I have 3 levels and it shows a select box for my categories. So I either clean-up and consolidate or have the select box.

Adam

But… the demo has ONLY 2 leves and not 3 as you mentioned triplets. Thats the reason Im wondering how to do it.

As you can see on the screenshot I posted on the first post:

Computers (main category)

->Desktops and so on… thats 2 levels (exactly what I have) and not 3

My one category does that if I put more than seven sub-categories…had to consolidate.

Is there any way to force it to use the drop-down?

I don’t have so many sub-categories to make the drop-down unwieldy, but I simply can’t reduce the number down in order to have the menu re-appear automatically.

[quote name=‘lucianofuentes’ timestamp=‘1299746199’ post=‘106226’]

Is there any way to force it to use the drop-down?

I don’t have so many sub-categories to make the drop-down unwieldy, but I simply can’t reduce the number down in order to have the menu re-appear automatically.

[/quote]

When I add a new category (MAIN/SUB) I see a different view now on the “location” section whereas I used to see a drop down menu 1 hour ago. How do I change the view back the way I want? Refer attachment.

[quote name=‘mifzal’ timestamp=‘1320158159’ post=‘125070’]

When I add a new category (MAIN/SUB) I see a different view now on the “location” section whereas I used to see a drop down menu 1 hour ago. How do I change the view back the way I want? Refer attachment.

[/quote]

Dont take offense but I keep seeing you post the same question in 2 or 3 posts, this means people are looking into threads when the have already seen your question in 2 other posts. This fills the forum with repeat posts and wastes people time.I have seen this particular one in 2 other threads in the space of 5 minutes as well as soem of your other questions.

John

My apologies and I understand your concern. Any solution to my problem?

Read one of your other threads! This is why this is so annoying. You can't even find the answer given.

What's going to happen is that people who do know are going to see it posted by someone who has no respect for others and hence is not going to respond even if they know. It take time just to type a response…