• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart Vs. Competitors Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Lee Li Pop
  • Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:30 PM #1

Hello All,

Here is a graphic of Google Trends of CS-Cart, OSCommerce, Magento, Prestashop and Virtuemart search index volume:

Posted Image

Source: http://www.google.fr...date=all&sort=1

The end is near for OSCommerce.

Virtuemart follows its increasing path.

It seems that Magento culminates to its top with a slight decline.

Prestashop, the newcomer is soaring!

CS-Cart remains unknown, showing a sluggish in the bottom...

Lee Li Pop
If All Else Fails, Read The Instruction Manual! Knowledge Base 2.x + CS-Cart Instruction Manual

Hosted at Pair.com since 2000. Zero hacking attempts during first 11 years... And counting!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:15 PM #2

I tried installing Magento 2-3 times.. I also had to have my host modify PHP settings just to be able to install it.. It looked really nice.. but I deleted it since I could not get it to work.. Every other cart I tried installed 1st time around

http://www.RacingSolution.com
Performance & Styling Auto Parts
CS-Cart v4.5.2

• argentice
  • Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:21 PM #3

I've not heard of Prestashop. I had a quick look. I like the way it adds to the cart, but other than it's nothing special - that it looks like a highly stripped down version of CS-Cart.
Rob

• dustundag
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:22 PM #4

They are not good examples to compare apple to apple. All carts except cs-cart are basically free without any payment.

• E.Qi.Librium
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:44 PM #5

Oh please, Prestashop is full of bugs, I changed from Presta to Cs-cart precisely because of it's instability. People like it because it is extremely simple to work with, very light software, and free...but apart this, I think that it's very difficult to run a serious and growing business with this open source software, allways bugs, bugs, bugs...
And if you think that upgrading in cs-cart is hard, try it with prestashop...you can't upgrade. Really you can't, there is no compatibility between modules and versions, you have to start building your shop from scratch.
And yes, all features of prestashop come in separate modules, not as already built in addons like in cs-cart.

• KBM
  • Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:11 PM #6

Oh please, Prestashop is full of bugs, I changed from Presta to Cs-cart precisely because of it's instability. People like it because it is extremely simple to work with, very light software, and free...but apart this, I think that it's very difficult to run a serious and growing business with this open source software, allways bugs, bugs, bugs...
And if you think that upgrading in cs-cart is hard, try it with prestashop...you can't upgrade. Really you can't, there is no compatibility between modules and versions, you have to start building your shop from scratch.
And yes, all features of prestashop come in separate modules, not as already built in addons like in cs-cart.

Where have you been CS-Cart also shares "bugs,bugs,bugs".. thanks for posting the graph leepop. I like CS-Cart but i'm not going to give them credit when they don't deserve it. Upgrading CS-Cart is not easy and most mods you have to modify for CS-Cart when updating as well. I don't think your arguement is strong. On a serious note I like CS-Cart. Just wish they would release a stable version. I feel like a beta tester. haha

Version 4.3.9

• jegesmaci
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:12 PM #7

I reviewed all of these carts along with 20 more paid carts. None of them compared to CS-Cart.

I am extremely happy with where I am and I hope that CS-Cart stays a secret for only the good shop keepers! Keep my competitors away from this software so I can continue to win!

Adam

• KBM
  • Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:16 PM #8

I reviewed all of these carts along with 20 more paid carts. None of them compared to CS-Cart.

I am extremely happy with where I am and I hope that CS-Cart stays a secret for only the good shop keepers! Keep my competitors away from this software so I can continue to win!

Adam

Adam, like you i'm happy overall with cs-cart and hope all my competitors stay away. When people ask me what cart im using I say some cart I found on google. Hopefully, cs-cart will remain the best kept secret in the powersports industry. haha

Version 4.3.9

• Lee Li Pop
  • Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:45 PM #9

Hello All,

E.Qi.Librium, Prestashop suffers from the same disease as Virtuemart that I know well. And you, para-pharmacy products seller, you diagnose the symptoms very well.

Yes, CS-Cart has a solid foundation, led by a team united around a core of great value.

Is that an advantage of being an unknown actor in the sector despite a huge talent?

Yes, for us customers, like jegesmaci said.

But is it also a benefit for Simbirsk Technologies Ltd., maker of CS-Cart?

Look, in its business model Prestashop offers PrestaBox "Your turnkey e-shop open in 10 mintues".

It seems to me that Simbirsk Technologies Ltd., associates to CyberLNC could copy this business model to capture this market share of the "Hurry Newbies", and secure the future of the company.

That's just a small idea, but Prestashop makes money with...

Because this market is huge!

Lee Li Pop
If All Else Fails, Read The Instruction Manual! Knowledge Base 2.x + CS-Cart Instruction Manual

Hosted at Pair.com since 2000. Zero hacking attempts during first 11 years... And counting!

• Russ
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:38 PM #10

I agree with Lee Li.

The biggest downfall of the small business merchant is the expectations they have going into it-- most see the biggest challenge as being speed-to-market, so a turn-key solution makes the most sense to them. Few are aware of the time it takes to build a successful ecommerce site, and get frustrated when their site isn't an overnight success.

This is where one-time cost solutions like CS Cart shine. Even though the market is moving towards SaaS solutions, CS Cart gives you the biggest bang for your buck (anyone who's done any research on features can see that) without locking you in to a long term service plan.

Service plans shouldn't be scary (you should be prepared to invest that amount of time/money ANYWAY), but the reality is that people are scared and want to be able to back out at any moment. CS Cart can cater to this crowd, and by doing so, they have the funds to roll out the great features you see.

• krur
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 06:17 PM #11

we did recently a new test with Magento, but it was a "no go": too slow and difficult to manage for small/medium shops, and they are more aimed to sell you thee $7000/year licence than anything else.

better to help develop and spread CS-Cart!

s
stefano cecere
krur.com - multimedia company
CS-Cart v2.0.12 - italian mods (full translations and data + Banca Sella + Invoices / Fatture)

• jobosales
  • Members
  • 3114 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 06:24 PM #12

At least one turnkey hosted option exists: E-Z Merchant Solutions (http://www.ez-ms.com/products/). They also provide some value-added features not available in the standard CS-Cart distribution. For anyone interested, you can contact forum member tbirnseth.

Bob
CS-Cart 2.0.14 (testing)

• Ion_Cannon
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:09 PM #13

I ran my shop on presta before, it is still an infant cart but offers some attractive features. I NEVER had a problem with bugs that weren't fixed in a timely manner. I've seen weirder things with CS-Cart so far but the lack of a one-page checkout and no good shipping solutions hurts prestashop. I do however have a feeling over time it will evolve. Plus the price is right. I would not sway anyone from using a prestashop store especially if they are just starting in the e-commerce game. It's attractive software for FREE....and the people are generally nice. I'd have to give an edge to the presta community as far as people making new things "for free" also. Some good people here but i'd say there are 50% more free module makers in the presta community and like was said before...it's growing.
--
Lolita Glasses
Currently Running: CS-Cart 2.2.4

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:13 AM #14

Presta never really did it for me. Not sure why, just didn't like the way nearly ever single site looks the same. Also, they seem to have embrased the pay for add ons approach to much for my tastes.

I've tried Magneto a few times and you can get a nice looking site with it but it's just such a pain to do anything with it compared to every other cart out there.

BigCommerce/Interspire has potential but it's just to expensive.

I'm keeping an eye on this one though, http://www.opencart.com/ it looks very interesting and has lots of add ons at prices that make sense.

ZenCart was always my cart of choice but I've given up on it. To long without an update. It's still good software with tons of free add ons but that's the problem, to get a feature set I was happy with you had to keep using add ons and some don't play well with others.

CS Cart has a lot going for it. It's not perfect but nothing is. They definitely have the price right and once you've installed it your off any running.
Take everything you like seriously, except yourselves. - Rudyard Kipling

• Lee Li Pop
  • Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:30 AM #15

Hello All,

After a year, the trends are confirmed:

http://www.google.fr...date=all&sort=1

OS-Commerce is dying slowly

After a slowdown at the end of last year, Magento continues its climb to the top

Virtuemart loses steam

PrestaShop is the BIG challenger of this race with a good rising

Cs-cart remains in the background

Lee Li Pop

• colortone
  • Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:33 AM #16

Those are free carts. lets compare CS with similar priced carts.

• Lee Li Pop
  • Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:08 PM #17

Hello Colortone,

Those are free carts. lets compare CS with similar priced carts.

Absolutely right!

Let's compare apples with apples!

http://www.google.fr...date=all&sort=0

So, x-cart and cubecart are falling slowly over these last years.

3dcart and shop-script are playing second roles.

CS-Cart rises slightly in the last 24 months, being the most promising of these 4 shopping carts of entry level.

Lee Li Pop

• E.Qi.Librium
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:11 PM #18

I would like, for the first time, to ask from you all an honest opinion; if you had to choose another shopping cart besides cs cart, what would it be? Is there a better one, or, let's say, one that is near bug free?
Thanks

• Lee Li Pop
  • Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:48 PM #19

Hello E.Qi.Librium,

1 - CS-Cart

2 - Prestashop

However, I keep my previous words on Prestashop:

http://forum.cs-cart...88335#post88335

http://forum.cs-cart...88528#post88528

Moreover, I had to choose between go with Magento and one of its module @ $300, or hire CS-Cart developing team for the same module... For much, much more than $300.

I tested Magento through my "speed up" experience that you can follow on Hints & Modifications of this forum. I come from Virtuemart, and I follow my path with CS-Cart.

Properly adjusted, CS-Cart is a real jewel!

Lee Li Pop

• E.Qi.Librium
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:21 PM #20

I came to cs cart from prestashop because it was full of bugs, don't know how it is now.
Regarding magento, it was a hard decision, I was betweeen cs cart and magento for a while, but as everyone said that magento was to heavy and the host had to be top of the art, I decided to go with cs cart.
But I wonder if that expensive carts like volovusion or virtuemart aren't better in performance, speed and stability, they should, for the price they charge...