• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How do you see the ideal technical support? Rate Topic   - - - - -

Poll: How do you see the ideal technical support? (3 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you see the ideal technical support?

1. 1. Issue based payed support service(point system). (16 votes [14.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

2. 2. Support service payed by period. (27 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. 3. Free support service(to the prejudice of efficiency :) ). (49 votes [45.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.37%

4. 4. Other(feel free to suggest your thoughts). (16 votes [14.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:36 AM #41

It has been a few months since my last post here, so I figured I would update.

Over the past few months I have seen a HUGE improvement on the support side. Not only on general question items, but also on custom ideas, suggestions and bugs.

If I'm not mistaken, over the past 5 months CS support has answered all of my questions with 24 business hours (if not sooner). I feel this is a very important feature to any shopping cart or software. The last thing anyone wants to do is buy something and not get any support when they need it.

So keep up the good work!
Regards,
Jim

• alanpro
  • Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:08 AM #42

It has been a few months since my last post here, so I figured I would update.

Over the past few months I have seen a HUGE improvement on the support side. Not only on general question items, but also on custom ideas, suggestions and bugs.

If I'm not mistaken, over the past 5 months CS support has answered all of my questions with 24 business hours (if not sooner). I feel this is a very important feature to any shopping cart or software. The last thing anyone wants to do is buy something and not get any support when they need it.

So keep up the good work!

Great to hear that.

But for me, I would expect much faster support time. Within a few hours... Oh, well, maybe I am too used to the quick support I get from my hosting providers, they usually respond within 2 hours. :rolleyes:

For CS-Cart, I usually get a reply in 24 hours, but in most cases I will need to email back to explain the issue further and usually this will go on for a few times. Just imagine, one email takes 24 hours to reply... so, sometimes to solve a simple problem will take 5 days or more simply because of the slow response. Not to mention they do not work on weekends (Sat and Sun).

It would be great if they have live chat support. :D

Just search my name, and you will see I have a lot of problems with this cart. Forum is not very active too... so, can't really get lots of help from other users. :confused:

• Traveler
  • Members
  • 920 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:48 AM #43

Without a doubt support should be 7 days a week and if possible 24 hours.

Version 4.9.2

• alanpro
  • Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:53 AM #44

Without a doubt support should be 7 days a week and if possible 24 hours.

Certainly.

Currently I am requesting a quote from them to do some enhancement. When I send them an email I get a reply within 24 hours. Then after I reply the email, I will need to wait another working day to receive another reply.... imagine how long this will take before we finalize the quotation?

Tomorrow will be Sat, and then Sun, they are not working.

Conclusion... very slow support! Hope they can have faster support and working on Sat and Sun!

Thank you.

• idg
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:17 PM #45

I agree. The time delay with the USA is extremely annoying. Perhaps they can extend support to at least include most of the US business hours? Perhaps until 4PM US eastern which is 12AM Moscow.

• Traveler
  • Members
  • 920 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:36 PM #46

I agree. The time delay with the USA is extremely annoying. Perhaps they can extend support to at least include most of the US business hours? Perhaps until 4PM US eastern which is 12AM Moscow.

They should have 24 hour support within minutes for simple questions just like a good webhost. For complex questions 24 hours to resolve the issue.

Version 4.9.2

• idg
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:58 PM #47

They should have 24 hour support within minutes for simple questions just like a good webhost. For complex questions 24 hours to resolve the issue.

That works too. You want to know that if you have a quick question it won't take until the next business day to get an answer. IMHO CS Cart staff is top-notch and really responsive but the time-difference is a major disadvantage to US customers and unless they extend hours to cover US business hours, they will be lagging behind their competitors and open-source carts where support is pretty much 24/7.

• TexasGuy
  • Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:29 PM #48

That is why they should have office in USA. This will help to sell the cart to local businesses, get new re-sellers, offer classes - spread recognition, visit tradeshows, and have some staff that would help during the normal business hours, phone or chat. One might also think of additional web-designing projects that can be fed to Russia to execute.

When I worked for a big computer seller website here in Houston as a marketing manager, when we were leaving home at 6pm, in China the other team would take over the website...

I can even recommend Houston:

1) Cheap labor for a phone service, not too many tech companies like in California - no tech job competition here, also a huge number of universities to hire students (know the positives of tech starved Houston from my previous job)
2) Cheap real-estate due to Texas huge land size, modern offices to rent available everywhere
3) One of the major biggest cities, Houston is growing every year
4) Central time zone, in between Eastern and Pacific
5) A lot of potential customers due to the size of the population in the immediate area (not counting Dallas and such)
6) Number of small to medium businesses who would want a solution to become e-capable
7) Sizable Russian community if local Russian workers preferred, Russ Consulate is in Houston too.
8) I can seriously help out...
PM me today for design/coding projects :P

• Traveler
  • Members
  • 920 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:12 AM #49

Of Course they should have an office in the USA but that is probably beyond their current abilities.

What is much easier to do is a small night staff so that they can have faster replies that and quickly answering forum questions - which really do not seem to care much about...

Version 4.9.2

• istanbul
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:18 PM #50

Dear CS-Cart owners,

In the neareast time our company plans to make changes in the technical support system. Taking into account that the fact of presense of professionalism and accessible technical support is one of the most important constituent when working with such complex software as CS-Cart, we decided to ask all CS-Cart users about how do you see the ideal technical support.

Please make your selection among the offered variants and feel free to put the detailed comments about your choice.

All this will help us to organize a convenient, maximum effective and accessible technical support service.

--
Thank you,
CS-Cart team

hello
knows little English
cscart no support to Turkey
language - turkey bank payment (POS system)
included in the purchase of software modules cscart
cscart image is not attractive
importance of advertising

request additional modules
product barcod
http://forum.cs-cart...ead.php?t=15225
Sincerely
Thank you

• ghgames
  • Banned
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:01 AM #51

I for one thinks Compernicus' suggestion is brilliant!

Please CS-Casrt, we want this kind of support, that would make us feel we are taken care of..

The current points system & period system is not sufficient. For newbies like us who has some experience elsewhere, we opt for the points system cos the period system is too short... for good support.

But if every little support solution requires points to be credited... it really sucks... Now I'm in the mud for trying to solve an issue that I believe I can solve.... without having to utilise more points! That could be used for other more serious problems.

:(

I think that the more options the cart users are given, the better for the users and CS-Cart.

I personally would like the following support options in order of preference:

1.) free support (up to x number of incidents per repeating time period)
example: x free incidents per year

2.) paid support per period (after free incidents are used)
example: x dollars per year/quarter/month

3.) paid support per incident with a varied price structure for various support needs (as an alternative to per period support)
example: x dollars per incident of class A / y dollars per incident of class B / etc.

I generally do not use support unless there is a major problem. I would much prefer to help and be helped via a method like support forums. I would like to see CS-Cart be more interactive on the forums when there are issues. That way, when more than one individual has a similar issue, they can find an answer on the forums.

• gpmichal
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:43 PM #52

Perhaps one way to award support is to include unlimited support for one year along witht either the 49.50 or 89.50 fee that is paid when renewing the upgrade option.