New option type "File"

Hi everyone!

Now there is a new option type “File”. You can add this option to any product. So, customers will be able to add (attach) their files. You can specify max file size, allowed extensions and possibility to upload several files.

Please, feel free to try this change and I look forward to your suggestions. Thanks!

[quote name=‘alexions’]Hi everyone!

Now there is a new option type “File”. You can add this option to any product. So, customers will be able to add (attach) their files. You can specify max file size, allowed extensions and possibility to upload several files.

Please, feel free to try this change and I look forward to your suggestions. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I know the file area you are talking about. But only see where there is an option for YOU the admin to attach files to a product. Don’t see anywhere where a client can attach a file to an order.

I know you can do this when creating a form but have not seen where you can do this for a product.

This is a new option (both product-specific and global) which you can assign to the product. Once set up, there is an “Upload file” link in the product detail page. I don’t need this option but it looks pretty nice at a quick test.

Bob

This is fantastic, I’m glad to see this has been added! I added two file fields to a product, selected two images and added the product to my cart. In my cart I was able to see thumbnails of the images I uploaded, and clicking on the thumbnails showed the full-size image.

The moment this hits a release version of CS-Cart I will purchase a license. :slight_smile:

…Al

[quote name=‘alexions’]Hi everyone!

Please, feel free to try this change and I look forward to your suggestions. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Can you please tell me where I can find this options? I’ve been searching for several days now :frowning: , but I can’t find it any where.

[quote name=‘info@avelco.nl’]Can you please tell me where I can find this options? I’ve been searching for several days now :frowning: , but I can’t find it any where.[/QUOTE]

If you have v2.09 then open up a product then go to your options. You then can add an option. Under type select File.

[quote name=‘CutRiteFX’]If you have v2.09 then open up a product then go to your options. You then can add an option. Under type select File.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I’ve found it.:stuck_out_tongue:

Brilliant… I read this in the change for 2.09 but didn’t see what it actually did until I read this post. Thanks for including this.

If you set up two or more options as file upload and they are required options, during the upload process, the following error message comes up “The product cannot be added to cart. Check if all the uploading files meet the necessary conditions”.

If you set up one option as file upload and it is required, you can upload the file, but do not have the possibility to delete it again in the cart so that you can upload a different file (the delete X button is missing).

How do I upload a file that is clickable on a content page?

I need to upload pdf files that can be downloaded. These files ARE NOT Product related.