select one free product

Hi!

Here is a scenario:

Customer purchases for more then xx usd, only then he can CHOOSE ONE of xy free products / promotions.

Is this possible?

You can crete cart promotion (Catalog->Promotions) with the condition of ‘Order total’ and the bonus ‘Free products’.

Bob

Yes, but then all free products that meet the condition are automatically added to the cart.

Yep - I overlooked the “choose one” requirement - does not look like you can do that.

This would be an excellent feature to add to Promotions. You should add this as a feature request in the Bug Tracker. There are already a number of bugs and feature requests related to promotions so maybe they will address them all at the same time delivering much more flexible promotions options.

Bob

I can’t believe it. That was possible in 1.3.5. So developers are taking away functionality that was already there???

[quote name=‘greg’]I can’t believe it. That was possible in 1.3.5. So developers are taking away functionality that was already there???[/QUOTE]

Can you tell me how you did this in 1.3.5 please?

That was easy in 135, but I don’t know if I remember the correct procedure.

1. Go to promotions
  2. Add new promotion (for example Product xy), save
  3. Go to conditions tab, add condition (spent money), name it, save it, add your limit for Money spent, save
  4. Go to condition rules and select your condition, save
  5. Go to Actions tab, add your product xy, save
  6. Repeat 1-5 for other products

That should do it. It was a really nice feature and now it is gone.

Many thanks for that. I will give it a try.

This doesn’t work, it adds both free products to the shopping cart…