Why isn't CS-Cart using the latest jQuery?

CS-Cart 2.0.8 is still using jQuery 1.2.6. Does anyone know why they haven’t upgraded to 1.3.2? Does it break existing functionality?

Was wondering the same thing and haven’t had a chance to test with 1.3.2 yet. sixin9, maybe you can take it to the hole?

Im 98% sure they have custom JS code written off of 1.2.6 and upgrading to 1.3 will break their custom JS code.

2% margin of error LOL

Yup, jquery v1.3.2 breaks cscart, specifically the exception js code (if I rem correctly when I was testing it when it was in cscart v2.0.6)

I’ve enquire about it before, and this is the reply I’ve got:

[quote]

Hi Mikhail,

To repeat again, the above question is in relation to the jquery

version which Cscart v2.0.6 uses (found in the lib/jquery folder).

It is using a outdated/old version of jquery, and attempts to update

the jquery version results in some components of cscart v2.0.6

non-usable.

=====================================

Thank you for clarification.

Please let me explain.

Unfortunately a lot of modifications are in the new version of Jquery. Our software is not updated for them fully. That is why we still do not use the new version. Our engineers are working on this problem.

It will be updated in one of our next versions.

Staff time: Aug 20, 2009, 16:56

[/quote]

For me, looking at cscart now, I rather they spent their work and efforts in fixing more core/functionality based problems to stabilize the cart now. :smiley:

ironically, I’ve updated to the latest jquery without issue… anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong since it works just fine :smiley:

Hi - first post :slight_smile:

So its not possible to use the latest version of jquery with cs-cart?

I tried jquery 1.4 and had issues but I have been using 1.3.2 for some time without issue.

Updating the jQuery Library should not hurt anything within CS-CART, it should only help.

However, this one should be obvious, but I will say it anyways.

Whenever you update your jQuery Library, make sure you also adjust the call to the file. (Or, for simplicity’s sake, just rename the new jQuery File with your existing version numbered file).

These should be found in your JS directory and LIB directory (top level).

Next argument to come, why CS-CART Should rethink it’s PHP Functions (Most are either PHP 4 or 5) and how they WILL NOT work on PHP 6 based servers :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘unique2’]Updating the jQuery Library should not hurt anything within CS-CART, it should only help.[/QUOTE]

Try it and let us know how you make out. The first thing that I noticed was nothing showed up when selecting other tabs in import/export (i.e. products, images, ect…)

Other suggestions would be to clear your cache and if you’re using smartoptimizer, clear that cache as well.

[quote name=‘unique2’]Updating the jQuery Library should not hurt anything within CS-CART, it should only help.

However, this one should be obvious, but I will say it anyways.

Whenever you update your jQuery Library, make sure you also adjust the call to the file. (Or, for simplicity’s sake, just rename the new jQuery File with your existing version numbered file).

These should be found in your JS directory and LIB directory (top level).

Next argument to come, why CS-CART Should rethink it’s PHP Functions (Most are either PHP 4 or 5) and how they WILL NOT work on PHP 6 based servers :)[/quote]

If you upgrade jQuery, your website will slaughter itself. try modifying products in the administration backend which is engineered for that version of jquery.

Been there, done that. DO NOT UPDATE jQUERY!

CS has rewritten some of the jquery library to work with their software, meaning its not a “stock” version of jquery that you can just swap in/out.

Do NOT update jquery as Jesse said.

Anyone know how to fix the exceptions.js to use jQuery.noConflict();

so we can cohabit with other jquery libs ?

AKA our own lightbox running on latest