Footer (bottom block)

I have played with blocks on the bottom position, but i didn’t get the good result. I want a block like on the page [url]http://www.bax-shop.nl/[/url]. Is it possible to define a custom block with no margin left, right and on top like the grey block on the bottom of the example page?

Thanks in advance.:smiley:

I ended up just not using blocks for my bottom. What I did is install the local hooks addon, but I thinkg the My changes addon works the same.

I then created a page called bottom.override.tpl and placed it in skins/basic/customer/addons/local/hooks/index/

This is what my bottom looks like:

This is the code for my bottom.override.tpl

```php {* $Id: bottom.tpl 7497 2009-05-19 10:41:21Z zeke $ *}

{include file="common_templates/search.tpl" hide_advanced_search=true}

{$lang.quick_help} {$lang.my_account} {$lang.information}
{include file="common_templates/quick_help_bottombox.tpl"} {include file="common_templates/my_account_bottombox.tpl"} {include file="common_templates/info_bottombox.tpl"}

{*

{$lang.home}
{foreach from=$top_links item="link"}
{$link.descr}
{/foreach}
{if $settings.Addons.gift_certificates == 'Y'}
{$lang.gift_certificates}
{/if}
{if $settings.Addons.promotions == 'Y'}
{include file="addons/promotions/bottom.tpl"}
{/if}
{$lang.sitemap}

{foreach from=$quick_links item="link"}
{$link.descr}
{/foreach}

*}
{hook name="index:bottom"}

{$lang.copyright} © {if $smarty.const.TIME|date_format:"%Y" != $settings.Company.company_start_year}{$settings.Company.company_start_year}-{/if}{$smarty.const.TIME|date_format:"%Y"} {$settings.Company.company_name}. {$lang.powered_by} J and K Online

{/hook}

{if "DEBUG_MODE"|defined}

{/if} ```

As you can see most of the code is pretty basic html with tables so it is kind of straight forward to change. My code could probably do with some updating, but it works so I probably won't worry about it.

I hope this helps,

Brandon

damn’t that was i am waiting from the long time. :smiley:

What is the local hooks addon?

It was that addon that Tbirnseth did a while back. You can what the addon does at:

[URL=“http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=11656&highlight=local+hooks”]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=11656&highlight=local+hooks[/URL]

I can’t find the download file anymore, but if you want it I can set it up for download.

Basically the addon made it so that you can utilize the hooks features of 2.x so that way you can create your own files without having to actually mess with CS-Cart’s files. By doing this it makes it much easier to upgrade. The hooks thing is kind of confusing and I still don’t fully get it so some changes that I made that could probably use hooks have been made without hooks so I am going to have more difficulty upgrading.

Maybe someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think CS-Cart did their own version of the addon called “My Changes”. I think if you search the forum and/or knowledge base you might get more information about this.

Anyways, let me know if you want the addon.

Brandon

Yes I would like to have it if it’s a free mod. I don’t want to step on anyone’s work.

Well it was free and was here on the forum, so I feel it is still free.

Tbirneth, if you have a problem with this and I am mistaken please let me know and I will remove the link.

Here is the file:

[URL=“http://www.saltwatertogo.com/help/local_addon_v2.zip”]http://www.saltwatertogo.com/help/local_addon_v2.zip[/URL]

Brandon

Thanks Brandon but I get a corrupt archive.

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]I ended up just not using blocks for my bottom. What I did is install the local hooks addon, but I thinkg the My changes addon works the same.

I then created a page called bottom.override.tpl and placed it in skins/basic/customer/addons/local/hooks/index/

This is what my bottom looks like:

This is the code for my bottom.override.tpl

{include file="common_templates/quick_help_bottombox.tpl"} {include file="common_templates/my_account_bottombox.tpl"} {include file="common_templates/info_bottombox.tpl"}

{*

{$lang.home}
{$link.descr}
{/foreach}
{/if}
{/if}
{$lang.sitemap}

{$link.descr}
{/foreach}

*}

{$lang.copyright} © {if $smarty.const.TIME|date_format:"%Y" != $settings.Company.company_start_year}{$settings.Company.company_start_year}-{/if}{$smarty.const.TIME|date_format:"%Y"} {$settings.Company.company_name}. {$lang.powered_by} J and K Online

{/hook}

{/if} ```

As you can see most of the code is pretty basic html with tables so it is kind of straight forward to change. My code could probably do with some updating, but it works so I probably won't worry about it.

I hope this helps,

Brandon[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your post. I added the code to my website (and installed the local hooks addon) but I see only three links (no colours, and no sublinks). Have I did something wrong? Or is the code not made for 2.x ?

O.k. the link is fixed. For some reason the .tgz file was being corrupted. I converted the file over to a .zip and now everything works.

Brandon

You’re a good man. Muchisimo Gracias.

Sorry, after looking at the code I realize I only gave you one part of the change and didn’t give you the whole thing.

Here are some better instructions: (These instructions assume your using the local configuration addon)

1. Add to your style sheet:

/* Home page bottom boxes */

.bottom-table {
width: 100%;
border: 1px solid #616161;
margin-top: 10px;
}
.bottom-table th {
background: #5d5d5d url('images/bsidebox_title_bg.gif') repeat-x;
height: 24px;
color: #ffffff;
font-weight: bold;
padding: 0px 0px 0px 11px;
width: 33%;
text-align: left;
}
.bottom-table td {
color: #2d2d2d;
padding: 10px 5px 10px 5px;
background: #ffffff url(images/bottombox_bg.gif) repeat-x bottom;
vertical-align: top;
}
.bottom-table-delim {
border-right: 1px solid #d5d5d5;
}
/* /Home page bottom boxes */

2. Make a file called:

skins/basic/customer/addons/local/hooks/index/bottom.override.tpl

Put in this code:

```php {* $Id: bottom.override.tpl 7497 2009-11-20 10:41:21Z Brandon $ *}

{include file="addons/my_changes/common_templates/quick_help_bottombox.tpl"} {include file="addons/my_changes/common_templates/my_account_bottombox.tpl"} {include file="addons/my_changes/common_templates/info_bottombox.tpl"}

```

3. Make a file called:

skins/basic/customer/common_templates/quick_help_bottombox.tpl

Put in this code:

```php {* $Id: sidebox.tpl 2126 2006-09-19 13:57:58Z zeke $ *}

```

4. Make a file called:

skins/basic/customer/common_templates/my_account_bottombox.tpl

Put in this code:

```

5. Make a file called:

skins/basic/customer/common_templates/info_bottombox.tpl

Put in this code:

```php {* $Id: info_bottombox.tpl 4382 2007-12-04 07:54:54Z imac $ *}

```

6. Create a new language variable in your admin - content - languages called

log_in

with a value of

I think this should do it. If there are any problems let me know and I'll do my best to help.

Brandon

Your welcome Roban

Brandon

Just to let you guys know. I thought I would try this with the My Changes addon and it works great. You basically just do the same thing as the local configuration addon, but put them into:

skins/your-skin/customer/addons/my_changes/hooks/index/

Obviously you need to make sure that your My Changes addon is installed and active.

I think I might actually switch over to the My Changes addon. Now that this is something that is supported by CS-Cart I feel that it will probably be better supported in future upgrades.

As for any other files you might have created with the local modifications addon you basically just have to transfer them to the appropriate places under the my changes folder.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

I have read your responses here and they are great but I have a problem, when I FTP to my site and look for the file structure you describe as to where to put the files I am missing something, (well I am a newbie so I am not sure) although I have the My Changes add-on turned on in Admin and also have confirmed it is installed (I guess) after I looked at the files on the server. When I access the server and look at the first level (before I go to the skins folder) and look in the addons folder that is where I see the MyChanges folder, so I double-clicked it to see what is under it and there is nothing there except an xml file - this is the path: /public_html/addons/my_changes/.

When I go into skins/my-skins/customer/addons/ there is no my changes folder in there and I am so new to this, I am not sure there should be.

I have not been able to find any really clear documentation about this but am I supposed to create the folders I need under the skins/myskins/customer/addons/

as you have indicated above so I can do the footer over-ride?

As a newbie I would appreciate any insight you can provide.

Many thanks.

I am sorry for not responding sooner. I just didn’t see your post until now.

If your My Changes addon is installed and active you need to create the folders I describe above. For example:

In skins/your-skin/customer/addons - You need to create the folder my_changes

In skins/your-skin/customer/addons/my_changes - You need to create the folder hooks

You would then do this for each of the folders you need. I can’t remember where, but there is actually a list of all the hooks on the forum somewhere.

I hope this helps,

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

I have been trying to get this to work for a while and it is refusing. I know that the mychanges add-on is working properly as I am using it for other customizations. My software is version 2.09 but I could not get this to work when it was 2.08. Do any of the paths included in these files need to be tweaked?

I read here that I should put all the files in the following path:

skins/myskin/customer/addons/mychanges/hooks/index

Is that correct?

Thanks.

Your path is almost correct, but it needs to be:

my_changes

When I upgraded my localhost site to 2.0.9 all of the things I did in the My changes addon still held true. The only thing that was different was that there were two search boxes, but that would probably be easliy changed.

One thing I have learned recently is that if you installed the local modifications addon and the my changes addon and they are both active you will get some funny results.

I learned this the hard way after about an hour of pulling my hair out going through the database and files trying to figure out why my bottom was all messed up. It ended up being that somehow my local addons addon got reactivated. I have no clue how this happened, but once I deactivated it all my problems were solved.

I don’t know if this has anything to do with your problem, but maybe it does?

If the above doesn’t help you than I’m not really sure. Just be sure to read back through the post carefully. Also be sure to clear your cache.

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]Sorry, after looking at the code I realize I only gave you one part of the change and didn’t give you the whole thing.

Here are some better instructions: (These instructions assume your using the local configuration addon)

1. Add to your style sheet:

/* Home page bottom boxes */

.bottom-table {
width: 100%;
border: 1px solid #616161;
margin-top: 10px;
}
.bottom-table th {
background: #5d5d5d url('images/bsidebox_title_bg.gif') repeat-x;
height: 24px;
color: #ffffff;
font-weight: bold;
padding: 0px 0px 0px 11px;
text-align: left;
}
.bottom-table td {
color: #2d2d2d;
padding: 10px 5px 10px 5px;
background: #ffffff url(images/bottombox_bg.gif) repeat-x bottom;
vertical-align: top;
}
.bottom-table-delim {
border-right: 1px solid #d5d5d5;
}
/* /Home page bottom boxes */

2. Make a file called:

skins/basic/customer/addons/local/hooks/index/bottom.override.tpl

Put in this code:

{*

{$lang.home}
{$link.descr}
{/foreach}
{/if}
{/if}
{$lang.sitemap}

{$link.descr}
{/foreach}

*}

{/hook}

{/if} ```

3. Make a file called:

skins/basic/customer/common_templates/quick_help_bottombox.tpl

Put in this code:

```

4. Make a file called:

skins/basic/customer/common_templates/my_account_bottombox.tpl

Put in this code:

```

5. Make a file called:

skins/basic/customer/common_templates/info_bottombox.tpl

Put in this code:

```php {* $Id: info_bottombox.tpl 4382 2007-12-04 07:54:54Z imac $ *}

```

6. Create a new language variable in your admin - content - languages called

log_in

with a value of

I think this should do it. If there are any problems let me know and I'll do my best to help.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

mate i tried this method but not working, no sidebox showing in footer. My changes addon are active and i also placed those two folder. Please let me know how can i solve this problem

Hi,

I actually have it working. I am learning that I really have to take my time with CS-Cart changes as I am more familiar with ASP/HTML and a little CSS; CS-Cart changes can de done but you have to pay attention. I am thankful for Firebug, it helped me get through this too.

Once I took the time to install and troubleshoot each aspect one by one I got it to work; so another Yippee! is in order.

Thank you so much for all your help, I do appreciate it.