editing order notification email

Hi,

My order notifications starts with “Thank you for the order. You are welcome to come back!” which is a bit odd and I would like to edit it. However, searching it in Admin/Languages it doesn’t seem to be there. I have also checked in the order_notification.tpl without being able to find the phrase. I suppose it must sit in a php file somewhere???

:slight_smile:

Thanks

ola

Did you try invoice.tpl?

[quote name=‘zeero6’]Did you try invoice.tpl?[/QUOTE]

yes thanks I did. no luck there either…

You can change this in Orders->Order statuses - that message is associated with the ‘Open’ status. Change the email header.

Bob

Yup

You are right jobosales

Thanks! It would have taken me a while to look there. It was almost too easy to find :)!

Hi,

I’ve a problem with order emails too.

In the email notification sent to the customer there is just firstname like Dear Mike,

But i wanna add the lastname too, i chanced the order_notifications.tpl like this:

before:

{* $Id: order_notification.tpl 7703 2009-07-13 10:36:45Z angel $ }

{include file=“letter_header.tpl”}

{$lang.dear} {$order_info.firstname},

{$order_status.email_header|unescape}

{$lang.invoice}:

{include file=“orders/invoice.tpl”}

{include file=“letter_footer.tpl”}

after:

{
$Id: order_notification.tpl 7703 2009-07-13 10:36:45Z angel $ *}

{include file=“letter_header.tpl”}

{$lang.dear} {$order_info.firstname} {$order_info.lastname},

{$order_status.email_header|unescape}

{$lang.invoice}:

{include file=“orders/invoice.tpl”}

{include file=“letter_footer.tpl”}

and still nothing can anyone help pls?

Looks like 5 years on and the ease of change still challenges! I’m on version 4.2.2 and would love to learn how I can make changes to the automated emails. I’ve been looking in various .tpl files and not finding any related content to change. Help :-) thank you.

[quote name=‘HappyPig0’ timestamp=‘1412743895’ post=‘193575’]

Looks like 5 years on and the ease of change still challenges! I’m on version 4.2.2 and would love to learn how I can make changes to the automated emails. I’ve been looking in various .tpl files and not finding any related content to change. Help :-) thank you.

[/quote]

Admin e-mail templates:

design/backend/mail/templates

Customer e-mail templates:

design/themes/YOUR_THEME/mail/templates

Footer and header templates are located in the common directories.

Hope that helps.

[quote name=‘eComLabs’ timestamp=‘1412754429’ post=‘193596’]

Admin e-mail templates:

design/backend/mail/templates

Customer e-mail templates:

design/themes/YOUR_THEME/mail/templates

Footer and header templates are located in the common directories.

Hope that helps.

[/quote]

Had a quick gander, recon I should be able to find and tweak in one of the many files presented. Thank you ever so much for the pointer, really (really) appreciated :-)

[quote name=‘HappyPig0’ timestamp=‘1412757891’ post=‘193609’]

Had a quick gander, recon I should be able to find and tweak in one of the many files presented. Thank you ever so much for the pointer, really (really) appreciated :-)

[/quote]

You are welcome! :)

Hi am also looking for "Thank you for the order. You are welcome to come back!" but was unable to find it.

Exactly in what file would I find this?

Please see attachment

Thanks

Thank you for your order.PNG

Hi am also looking for "Thank you for the order. You are welcome to come back!" but was unable to find it.

Exactly in what file would I find this?

Please see attachment

Thanks

It can be altered on the editing order status page (Administration > Order statuses).

Thanks heaps, all fixed