CS-Cart and hostgator

Hi there,

I have only just installed the trial version on my current hostgator account and am receiving intermittent 500 errors. These error pages can pop up anywhere throughout the site, including the home page, but when I hit refresh, the page loads successfully.

I’m not sure if this is a hostgator server issue or if it could be an issue with the software.

Has anyone had any issues in hosting the site with hostgator?

This is file permission problem. My csc was hosted on Hostgator and everything working fine.

Hostgator have said that their servers only work on permissions set to 755, and I know that CS-Cart recommends permissions at 777. I have asked them if there’s any way to use the 777 setting, but they say their servers are not configured that way.

Do you think this could be causing the problem?

That’s odd. I use HostGator and I have files and folders set to 777. I don’t know if that’s a problem but there must be a reason CS wants the permissions set to 777.

I have an issue, just installed CS-cart on host gator, set all the permissions to 755 and when logging into the admin panel it just comes back to the login again. no error or anything???

Set permissions as follows:

directories - 755

files - 644

If you have SSH access, you can run the following:

find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
find . -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;

Bob