Download/Physical Product Option

For those of us selling books, we need an option for downloadable/physical audiobooks. On my store I should be able to create one product with two optional formats: CD or MP3 Download. On choosing MP3 Download, the customer pays and then downloads the product. On choosing CD, the customer pays for the product and shipping and we mail them the CD.

This should be part of the CS-Cart standard functionality.

I also like this feature but unforunately i don’t think csc can do this on next version. They not interested on downloadable products

Until they do, you could create two products and then created a new product tab and just feature the companion product (download or physical). The tab could be named something like “want the download version?” or “want the physical version?”

I think this feature is include in cs-cart.

For myself I add an option for product and do everything here for this case

For example:

[url]http://www.techlope.com/en/security-and-privacy/anti-spam-and-anti-spy-tools/pc-tools-internet-security-2009-for-windows.html[/url]

Any question please let me known

Regards

CS-Cart support told me this was not possible. How are you accomplishing this?

We create two option after created product are:

Download and CD

For download we include file into “Attachments” of product and for CD we will process CD and send CD to them

You will see this option when user order in view order detail and you will known your customer use download or CD option for shipping

Regards

[quote name=‘kingsleypress’]CS-Cart support told me this was not possible. How are you accomplishing this?[/QUOTE]

Hi Kingsley Press…

We’ve considered batching up products into configurable products for this purpose.

For example, we can have an MP3 product and CD product listed as radio options for an ‘Audio Selection’ configuration step, with the primary book being the only selection in the ‘Physical Media’ section.

We could either hide these component products and only list the configurable product, OR we could leave all products active if we want to enable customer to be able to purchase the audio book formats separately from the book.

HOWEVER I believe products can only be children of a single configurable group - I need to confirm this through more tests. Ideally this would not be the case, but I thought I read somewhere that it was.

It is then also possible to tie promotions to the purchase of these components (I think) in case you want to give a price break to folks who buy the book (i.e. get the audio for free if they buy the book, etc.)

It will appear something like this (you don’t need to create two separate product groups, but I did):

[url]http://www.orthodoxmarketplace.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29831[/url]

You can also see that if, for some reason, you run out of one component, it doesn’t botch the whole deal because component products are still being ordered.

[quote name=‘thanhh83’]We create two option after created product are:

Download and CD

For download we include file into “Attachments” of product and for CD we will process CD and send CD to them

You will see this option when user order in view order detail and you will known your customer use download or CD option for shipping

Regards[/QUOTE]

Is this feature on version 1.3.5-SP2 ?

Is it even possible with the lastest?

I have over 130 mp3’s available… I’m wondering if there’s a way to have multiple mp3’s in one product item and enable the costumer to buy only one and only receive that one… without having to browse individual product pages. Like “product options” has for physical items.

[quote name=‘bjm@catholicism.org’]I have over 130 mp3’s available… I’m wondering if there’s a way to have multiple mp3’s in one product item and enable the costumer to buy only one and only receive that one… without having to browse individual product pages. Like “product options” has for physical items.[/QUOTE]

See here: [URL=“http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=16850”]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=16850[/URL]

Regards,

Aleks

How do people see this being implemented? Is it a checkbox for each option that specifies it is an downloadable product and the file associated with that option? If an option is not marked as downloadable, it is treated as a standard shipping product?

Bob

Actually it does work in 1.3.5-SP2 But I can’t figure out what to put the price as, when I put the price as $0.00 the price doesn’t go up no matter how many you tick off…I tried $0.01 and that works but it’s tacky…Solution?