• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Time Period is "Bestsellers" Based on? Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:35 AM #1

I'm using the Bestsellers addon to show my top selling items in a side block. Does anyone know what time period this is based on? Is it based on the last 30 days, for example? Or is it unlimited--i.e. the products you have sold the most of since you started using CS-Cart?

• ogia
  • Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:36 AM #2

I'm looking for the answer too.

From what I can see, the bestseller status is determined by the data in cscart_product_sales and it would be based on all-time sales. I'm writing up a cron job right now that will reset the stats on products I want to exclude from bestsellers.
CS-Cart 2.1.3 | Selling downloads
I recommend Newsletter Integration with Mailchimp

• nodame
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:22 AM #3

Maybe you can try to edit the amount via editing the product details?

When editing the specific product details, go to "Addons" tab, there should be a Bestselling
Sales amount: <number>

• ogia
  • Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:30 AM #4

I noticed that. It will not accept 0, but I was able to input 1. However, this did not have an effect on the bestsellers. When I went into cscart_product_sales each product had more than one entry (one for each category) and I had to modify each one in order for it to have an effect.

Anyway, I have several free items that are at the top of the bestsellers and I want to exclude those. I wrote up a cron job that will reset them to 1 every hour. Here is an example of the command in case someone else is trying to come up with a similar solution...

UPDATE `cscart_product_sales` set `amount` = 1 WHERE `product_id` = 26;
CS-Cart 2.1.3 | Selling downloads
I recommend Newsletter Integration with Mailchimp

• Ranger-1
  • Trial users
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 01:39 PM #5

Old post, but as far as I can see this is still "relevant". We have a lot of old products trending the "bestsellers" and "most popular" lists on the webpage that is not so relevant. So is there a way to make a "most popular/bestseller" last 30 days instead? I assume this might involve deleting the statistical data in CS-Cart?

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 17999 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 05:18 AM #6

Unfortunately cscart_product_sales table does not store timestamp, so you cannot add such a limit

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2146 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:26 AM #7

Cart-power has something for this.

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!