What files do I modify?

Running 2.0.7

I have the “basic” skin selected for the store. I need to know what are the main files I need to modify to change the look of the store.

Can someone please list them out for me as the manual online is for the older version.

Thanks!

The manual at [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation is the latest manual for the 2.+ version of carts. Especially read chapter 5.7.

Other than the manual, the best resource might be [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

The most common file you will be changing is styles.css, but the manual and FAQs will help direct you to the other tpl files based on what you want changed.

Exactly, the style sheets are going to change the majority of the look and feel of the template. I would suggest a visual css editor if yo are just starting out because it makes it go much easier.

Also suggest you localize your changes so they are not overwritten in the next upgrade. styles.css has changed in every upgrade that I know of.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Also suggest you localize your changes so they are not overwritten in the next upgrade.[/QUOTE]

How do I do that? an import statement at the end of the css file?

[quote name=‘kogi’]How do I do that? an import statement at the end of the css file?[/QUOTE]

This post should help you. [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=11656[/url]