Would You Buy a Data Feed Module?

I contacted CS-Cart’s custom development people about developing addons which would create feeds for shopping comparison sites such as PriceGrabber, Shopzilla, Pronto, etc. They quoted me $240 per individual module or $800 for a universal module that would work with all shopping comparison sites.

I’d be willing to pay $100 for the universal module, would you? If we could get 8 people to pay $100 each we could have this module developed. Please answer in this thread if you’re seriously interested and how much you would be willing to pay.

[quote name=‘kingsleypress’]I contacted CS-Cart’s custom development people about developing addons which would create feeds for shopping comparison sites such as PriceGrabber, Shopzilla, Pronto, etc. They quoted me $240 per individual module or $800 for a universal module that would work with all shopping comparison sites.

I’d be willing to pay $100 for the universal module, would you? If we could get 8 people to pay $100 each we could have this module developed. Please answer in this thread if you’re seriously interested and how much you would be willing to pay.[/QUOTE]

I would be willing to pay for module that would help me manage ebay sales. Maybe combine them all and manage, list from cs-cart.

I’ve made a purchase in some auction and after buying it I was redirected to website / shop and had to do checkout very similar to cs-cart checkout.

I’d pitch in to help, however CS told us a very long time ago this feature would be included in 2.0+, still waiting…

[quote name=‘snorocket’]I’d pitch in to help, however CS told us a very long time ago this feature would be included in 2.0+, still waiting…[/QUOTE]

Evidently they just need the funds. :wink:

[QUOTE]They quoted me $240 per individual module or $800 for a universal module that would work with all shopping comparison sites. [/QUOTE]

Time for negotiation!

Go back & tell them that we (a few CS-Cart users/forums members) will raise up $400.00 within a matter of a few days if they (CS-Cart developers) will cover the other $400.00 half of the cost and add it to the core release of CS-Cart so that everyone can benefit and CS-Cart can maintain the updates on future releases.

What a ya think? :wink:

[quote name=‘Stuck’]Time for negotiation!

Go back & tell them that we (a few CS-Cart users/forums members) will raise up $400.00 within a matter of a few days if they (CS-Cart developers) will cover the other $400.00 half of the cost and add it to the core release of CS-Cart so that everyone can benefit and CS-Cart can maintain the updates on future releases.

What a ya think? ;)[/QUOTE]

Thank you all…This feature will open a new door!

[QUOTE]I have already forwarded your request to the software development department. The thing you offered might be developed in the future, but I can’t give you any promises about it.

However, at the moment such an addon is not included in CS-Cart version 2.0.6. Therefore, its development will require a great amount of time and effort, that must be paid.

Also please note that we have estimated the complexity of the modification and provided you with already the lowest possible cost. Actually, it will take us more time to implement it but we are ready to spend more time to make the requested functionality.

I hope for your understanding in this matter.

We look forward to your reply.[/QUOTE]

The above is what I just received from support.

I will donate $100.00, however, ONLY if it is added to the CS-Cart core release.

Why?

1. Because I dont want to deal with customized code on all future releases
  2. Because this is something that will most definetly be added to the core release sometime in the future anyway, only real question is when! By donating all we are doing is pushing this up on the todo list, and I am fine with that.
  3. Because this is a mod that should be part of the CS-Cart core because 95% of all CS-Cart users need this and can benefit from it.

[QUOTE]I would be willing to pay for module that would help me manage ebay sales.[/QUOTE] YES, something like an ebay product lister would be very cool, although would probably have to be a seperate module in itself!

Running total:

kingsleypress - $100

Stuck -$100

--------

Total $200

[quote name=‘snorocket’]I’d pitch in to help, however CS told us a very long time ago this feature would be included in 2.0+, still waiting…[/quote]

Hello Sno,

You’re right, and now, you need pay to have it :smiley:

Santa Claus doesn’t exist… Really :rolleyes:

Lee Li Pop

Raise you both $100

Kingsleypress - $100

Stuck - $100

JesseLeeStringer - $200

[$400 Remaining]

[quote name=‘kingsleypress’]Running total:

kingsleypress - $100

Stuck -$100

--------

Total $200[/quote]

$50 is all we can do right now here, I’d like to be part of the beta testers on this one because I can guarantee you CS will mess it up for sure, all this addon needs to do is make custom data feeds and then you can just make a custom feed for any comparison site…

I would certainly contribute $100 for a universal data feed. As a matter of fact I will contact CS-Cart after I post this message to offer them my contribution to this effort.

Running Total:

Kingsleypress - $100

Stuck - $100

JesseLeeStringer - $200

Snorocket -$50

Rack01 - $100

Total $550

[$250 remaining]

I hate to put a damper on your Data Feed Module party. But I do not know how many developers cs-cart has, and I am concerned this module will eat a lot of their time. Much more important new features (and bug fixes) need to be taken care of first.

The Data Feed Module is a specialized feature that not many e-commerce stores need or will use.

I am not saying it should not be developed for you guys, just that it should not be a high priority for the cs-cart developers.

David

cs-cart has dedicated developers that work on custom development projects only, in addition 2.08 will be released sometime next week in which the majority of the bugs should be fixed…

[quote name=‘Triplets’]Much more important new features[/QUOTE]

I think “more important” is a subjective term. For you a data feed module may not be important, but for someone whose sales may depend largely on comparison shopping engines it could be very important.

What were the new features you had in mind that should supersede this?

Stay on track Man! :wink:

And thanks Jesse, for being a big hitter!

Hello There,

I am ready to give $50 with you on [COLOR=“Blue”]four[/COLOR] conditions:

[COLOR=“Blue”]1[/COLOR] - Whether this new module works with French language comparison sites, and not only those in English.

[COLOR=“#0000ff”]2[/COLOR] - Whether this module offers RSS feeds for products AND promotions (Cart + Catalog) AND news:

[COLOR=“#0000ff”]3[/COLOR] - Whether this module can publish RSS feeds about new products on those websites as MyYahoo! MyAOL, MyMSN+, NetVibes, and so on:

[url]http://www.zappos.com/rss-list.zhtml[/url]

[COLOR=“#0000ff”]4[/COLOR] - And YESSS! the ability to automatically publish RSS feeds for products AND promotions AND news on Twitter!

Twitter is THE big marketing tool:

[url]http://marketing.about.com/b/2008/10/07/twitter-a-marketing-tool.htm[/url]

Twitter for Marketing & PR slideshow:

[url]http://www.slideshare.net/oreillymedia/o-reilly-twitter-for-marketing-mike-volpe[/url]

Feed your shop to Twitter:

[url]Twitter Feed : feed your blog to twitter

[url]http://twitrobot.com/index.html[/url]

Who can guarantee me this?

Lee Li Pop

PS: Santa Claus… Santa Claus… Where are you?

[quote name=‘Lee Li Pop’]

Who can guarantee me this?[/QUOTE]

Not I.

This thread is about a data feed module for shopping comparison sites such as Yahoo shopping, PriceGrabber, Pronto, Shopzilla, etc., not about RSS feeds or Twitter.

I suggest you communicate with the CS-Cart custom developers to see how much your proposed RSS/Twitter add-on would cost and then try to raise the money for it. After seeing the details of your project I might be interested in helping to fund it. But I think you need to keep it separate from what we are doing here.