Add Qty Box to Layout "View As List"

I would like to add the quantity box to the Category layout “View as List.” This would allow a customer to put in their order quantity without visiting the Product Details page if they don’t need to because they know exactly what they want to buy and want to purchase more than 1 item.

Can anyone help me with the code that is needed and where I should put it?

Thank you in advance!

Stephanie

[quote name=‘scase’]I would like to add the quantity box to the Category layout “View as List.” This would allow a customer to put in their order quantity without visiting the Product Details page if they don’t need to because they know exactly what they want to buy and want to purchase more than 1 item.

Can anyone help me with the code that is needed and where I should put it?

Thank you in advance!

Stephanie[/QUOTE]

Can’t they add products to cart, go to cart and set the quantity they want?

Yes, they could but I was just trying to make it easier since the quantity I have available is right there on the Category view (or Product view). The cart does not show the quantity available so I’m just trying to be as customer-friendly as possible by making it as easy as possible for a person to purchase.

Stephanie

If you use the qty step, this is possible

Thank you! I can do that!! I’ll give that a try instead of trying to change any code.

Stephanie

[quote name=‘dustundag’]If you use the qty step, this is possible[/QUOTE]

Can you explain what you mean by using the qty step? I’m trying to do the same thing. I want the user to be able to put in the quantity and then add to cart on my home page [url]http://www.clippincoupons.com/[/url]

I want it to look like it does on this site [url]thecouponclippers.com - thecouponclippers Resources and Information.

Thank you for any help

[quote name=‘Palmer’]Can you explain what you mean by using the qty step? I’m trying to do the same thing. I want the user to be able to put in the quantity and then add to cart on my home page [url]http://www.clippincoupons.com/[/url]

I want it to look like it does on this site [url]thecouponclippers.com - thecouponclippers Resources and Information.

Thank you for any help[/QUOTE]

Qty step, you can setup it in Admin side in Product edit page.

[quote name=‘joe’]Qty step, you can setup it in Admin side in Product edit page.[/QUOTE]

Would I put in 1 for the quantity step?

skins → [skin] → customer → views → categories-> custom_templates → products.tpl

{include file="views/products/components/buy_now.tpl" product=$product but_role="action" show_features=true show_sku=true hide_add_to_cart_button=$hide_add_to_cart_button}

add show_qty=true

ie

{include file="views/products/components/buy_now.tpl" product=$product but_role="action" show_features=true show_sku=true hide_add_to_cart_button=$hide_add_to_cart_button show_qty=true}

[quote name=‘kogi’]skins → [skin] → customer → views → categories-> custom_templates → products.tpl

{include file="views/products/components/buy_now.tpl" product=$product but_role="action" show_features=true show_sku=true hide_add_to_cart_button=$hide_add_to_cart_button}

add show_qty=true

ie

{include file="views/products/components/buy_now.tpl" product=$product but_role="action" show_features=true show_sku=true hide_add_to_cart_button=$hide_add_to_cart_button show_qty=true}
[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for helping Kogi. I did what you said and I don’t see a quantity box on the home page under new coupons and the category pages…

[url]http://www.clippincoupons.com/[/url]

[url]http://www.clippincoupons.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=165[/url]

Do you know what templates they use?

Are use using list or multicolumns?

View as list or View as grid.

Got a link to your current site?

Nevermind, I found where. Just did a search for cart_button=$hide_add_to_cart_button and found the code in the following templates and added show_qty=true

skins → [skin] → customer → views → products-> components-> products_small_list.tpl

skins → [skin] → customer → views → products-> components-> products_multicolumns.tpl

skins → [skin] → customer → views → products-> components-> products.tpl

skins → [skin] → customer → views → categories-> custom_templates → short_list.tpl

skins → [skin] → customer → views → categories-> custom_templates → products_multicolumns.tpl

For other people wanting to do this

“view as grid”

skins → [skin] → customer → views → categories-> custom_templates → products_multicolumns.tpl

“view as list”

skins → [skin] → customer → views → categories-> custom_templates → products.tpl

We must have been posting at the same time :slight_smile:

Quantity Step is for requiring orders to come in groups of X. If you set it to 4, customers can only order 4, 8, 12, etc.

How to add qty dropdown to category multicolumns view in 434?