contact us message (reply)

Is there something wrong with my configuration or is it a bug.

If someone fills contact us form it is sent to

info@domain.com

I hit reply and reply address is info@domain.com shouldn’t it be email address set in writers email field?

It’s definitely a bug. Darius, is that happing to you with Gmail? I test it using other mailservers, it works, but not with Gmail.

[quote name=‘bruce’]It’s definitely a bug. Darius, is that happing to you with Gmail? I test it using other mailservers, it works, but not with Gmail.[/QUOTE]

Yes, gmail, google apps.

The issue is that Gmail ignores the reply-to filed when the From is configured one of your send-as addresses.

To resolve, go to Administration>Settings>Company> and change the “Help/Support department e-mail address” address to one that is not used as a send-as address in Gmail.

Make sure that email sent to the new address entered are forwarded to your inbox.

That should do it.

While your at it, you may wish to set the subject for the emails received from your contact form to use your sender subject in place of “Contact Us”. to do this see this post

Hello,

I was also facing this same problem.

As said by mendy, To resolve, go to Administration>Settings>Company> and change the “Help/Support department e-mail address” address to one that is not used as a send-as address in Gmail.

It works.

Thanks to mendy

Regards

Shuaib

I'm havin the same issue and confused about what exactly I'm to do to rectify this. I understand that I need to create another email to use as the help/support email address but how do I make sure it's not used as a send-as address?

Thanks for the clarification.