• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Keeping images safe... Rate Topic   - - - - -

• SH
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:06 PM #1

I am configuring my cart and I want to stop people from stealing my images with right-click or the icon box in IE.
Is there a script that can be added to cs-cart to solve the problem.

Thanks,
SM

• TonyK
  • Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 12:10 AM #2

There are javascript's that you can find at like hotscripts.com which disable right-click, in IE....however,

many times it doesn't work on other browsers AND realistically you cannot stop users from taking your images.

Anyone can do VIEW -> VIEW SOURCE and get the path and image name from the source code and copy/paste that into their browser and get your image.

The only solution that may help, it to watermark all your images with a translucent logo.

something like this.
http://images10.newe...-115-222-02.JPG

• SH
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 08:14 AM #3

Hi ETInteractive,

I know that right-click might stop some people but I can't get the scripts to work in the cart. Any way if someone
wants the images they'll always find a way to get them. So watermarking would seem to be a better idea.

Thanks.
SH

• Lantan
  • CVO
  • Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 08:37 AM #4

Greetings,

Another way to disable right click is adding oncontextmenu="return false" parameter to <body> tag:

<body leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" onload="fn_load_handlers();" oncontextmenu="return false">

• SH
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 06:21 PM #5

Many thanks Lantan is works a treat

• Lantan
  • CVO
  • Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 02:08 PM #6

Many thanks Lantan is works a treat

You are welcome!

• TVC
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:23 AM #7

I think its safe to say that No-Rightclick scripts are a joke. FF and Opera can get right around them. Not to mention that if a person wants your image, all he needs to do is Alt+PrtScrn and edit their copy. Watermark is the only way to go.