Have You Successfully Upgraded to 2.0.7?

Just a quick poll to see how many have upgraded to 2.0.7 successfully. Vote in the poll but also give some information if you had problems or if everything went really smoothly.

[quote name=‘kingsleypress’]Just a quick poll to see how many have upgraded to 2.0.7 successfully. Vote in the poll but also give some information if you had problems or if everything went really smoothly.[/QUOTE]

ok voted that i’d wait for less than2 weeks, but the localization fix was really needed, so took the plunge - everything looks ok so far - test checkout payments all working, menus, banners, images, products etc etc so looks good

word to the wise - backup backup backup… did i mention backup? have seen a few folks having issues but managin to revert back to 206, so wasnt too worried if it all went a bit pete tong.

Anyone stupid enough to upgrade within 24 hours of release needs their head screwed back on. You think any software can be 100% working after 12 hours of release? Plaheez

Local time zone and the date format got changed for some reason. 3 files backed up by upgrade, but looks good. Thanks CS guys.

Good to see the add to cart to different products without each time going to cart and also three display option of the category. Good to see the “compact list” display

It went OK for me. The only issue was I hadn’t backed up my skin style sheets but I reverted, backed up and ran it again and no problems.

[quote name=‘roban’]It went OK for me. The only issue was I hadn’t backed up my skin style sheets but I reverted, backed up and ran it again and no problems.[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up your banner on your site

When browsing in IE7 it works fine. When browsing in firefox 3.5

your banner overlaps your info to the right. My screen resolution is 1024 x 768

I have attached a screen shot

vitaminlink.jpg

Hey Jesse

Luckily for me I was just upgrading my localhost test site and not a live store. I feel this is the best way so that these types of problems are caught before actually messing up a live, money making store.

A couple of things about your comment though is that:

First the anything released by CS-Cart should be tested and really should be tested a lot to make sure things like the errors I and a lot of people got don’t happen.

Second if no one does the upgrade when it comes out, wouldn’t that make it so that no one is testing it and so problems won’t be found. It really doesn’t matter if it is 5 minutes or 5 years someone has to test the software and figure out if there are bugs or not.

Anyways, just my 2 cents.

Brandon

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Anyone stupid enough to upgrade within 24 hours of release needs their head screwed back on. You think any software can be 100% working after 12 hours of release? Plaheez[/QUOTE]

LOL! I guess I have my head screwed on pretty damn tight.? I’m still using 1.3.5.:stuck_out_tongue:

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]Hey Jesse

Second if no one does the upgrade when it comes out, wouldn’t that make it so that no one is testing it and so problems won’t be found. It really doesn’t matter if it is 5 minutes or 5 years someone has to test the software and figure out if there are bugs or not.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

Though I will admit, I’m happy to leave it to others to be first out of the gate.

[quote name=‘CutRiteFX’]Just a heads up your banner on your site

When browsing in IE7 it works fine. When browsing in firefox 3.5

your banner overlaps your info to the right. My screen resolution is 1024 x 768

I have attached a screen shot[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Fixed.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Anyone stupid enough to upgrade within 24 hours of release needs their head screwed back on. You think any software can be 100% working after 12 hours of release? Plaheez[/QUOTE]

On login to admin backend I see orange box

“hey !!! new update is out, tons of fixes … whatever … get it now”

Now who is stupind me to do what I am offered to do by developer? Or a developer who did not do a proper test? The upgrade 2.06 - 2.07 should look like " Dude - it is a BETA, get it on your own risk". After few weeks if everything is quite you release a proper one.

Or even better cs-cart could have some beta testers, who would be allowed to get updates first. If they pass the mine field then its a go! :slight_smile:

from day to day I feel myself like a free beta tester for CS.

for example, I use Rus/Eng environment but seems that CS tests their cart for EN only.

if you move from linux to windows environment, that’s it, no one help you even support which will require access to your server, spend lots of time there and later say to use linux….

missing from your pool “no and I’m having a hell of a time fixing or trying to upgrade”

Upgrade process went fine but the problems in 2.0.7 are so many and so huge that I (and my clients) have reverted to 2.0.6. What a mess!

I went from 1.3.5 straight to 2.0.7 and most went smoothly…this is mainly because I practiced a few times on other sites. :slight_smile:

I don’t have a lot of products but I was more worried about order history and things of that nature. I was also going for a different look so template loss was not a huge concern.

Overall, it went pretty good and wasn’t as bad as I expected or have been reading about.

[quote name=‘rdr’]missing from your pool “no and I’m having a hell of a time fixing or trying to upgrade”[/QUOTE]

Yes, I noticed that option is not on the poll. 2.07 has been a huge headache. Fortunately I’m testing it on a local server. Going to try rolling back to 2.06.

My original vote was "No, I plan to wait more than 2 weeks to upgrade " I waited until tonight. The upgrade went well - but too many problems with SEF URLs - reverted back to 2.0.6