Manufacturers Drop Down Menu (Almost Got It?)

Well I’ve been working on upgrading my store to 2.x and one of the things I am trying to do is create a dropdown menu for my manufacturers.

I have kind of gotten it as you can see in the image below:

How I got this is by changing my:

skins/basic/customer/blocks/product_filters_extended.tpl

To:

```php {* $Id: product_filters.tpl 6888 2009-02-06 14:39:39Z angel $ }

{
* block-description:extended **}

{if $items}

{assign var=“fh” value=$smarty.request.features_hash}

{foreach from=$items item=“filter” name=“filters”}

{$lang.select_manufacturer}

{foreach from=$filter.ranges name=“ranges” item=“range”}

```

The problem I am having is that when I click on a manufacturer it doesn't go anywhere. I would like this to function like 1.3.5 sp4 so that when the manufacturer is clicked you are redirected to the products that the manufacturer sells.

By the way, I do realize that the filter/feature thing is there for this. That is real neat and all, but I don't want a huge list, I just want a drop down list so that the page is more compact.

Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Brandon

Hi

I have cheated on this one. I have a “Manufacturers” button on menu bar, but have linked it to the manufacturers full listing page. Customer can get full manufacturer product listing from there. Works, not as neat as dropdown but easy to do without any coding!!!

BarryH

So many requests for this!

I asked CS about it but I would have to pay for the mod !

Not a bad idea…? Leave some features out and get your customers to pay if they want them back!

Yeah, it is pretty annoying. I am just hoping that since I was able to figure out how to list the manufacturers in a drop down, someone out there would know how to make them clickable.

Brandon

Just thought I would bump this up to see if anyone has any ideas.

Brandon

Anyone have ask on helpdesk ?

[quote name=‘miracles’]Anyone have ask on helpdesk ?[/QUOTE]

I’ll do it.

I thought about asking, but I figured that they would just tell me that this is a custom modification and that it would cost x dollars to complete and wouldn’t be done for a month.

If you ask Roban, I will be interested in seeing what they have to say, maybe I’m wrong.

Brandon

You’re probably right Brandon but it doesn’t cost to ask. You deserve some kind of response based on the work you’ve already put into this.

I sent a request already and they are usually pretty quick in their responses.

From the Development Team. I have asked for a price.

Thank you for your request.

I have forwarded your suggestion to our software architects. Probably this feature will be added to future CS-Cart version.

If you would like to have this option for your current CS-Cart version, we can offer you our custom development service. Our engineers can make this feature for you on a paid basis. Please let me know if you are interested in it and I will forward your request to our quote manager.

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

Kate Lazarevskaya

Technical support engineer

replace the contents of …/skins/basic/customer/blocks/product_filters_extended.tpl with the below code:

```php

{* $Id: product_filters.tpl 6888 2009-02-06 14:39:39Z angel $ }

{
* block-description:extended **}

{if $items}

{if $smarty.server.QUERY_STRING}

{assign var=“filter_qstring” value=$config.current_url|fn_query_remove:“result_ids”:“filter_id”:“view_all”:“req_range_id”:“advanced_filter”:“features_hash”:“subcats”:“variant_id”}

{else}

{assign var=“filter_qstring” value=“$index_script?dispatch=products.search”}

{/if}

{assign var=“reset_qstring” value=$filter_qstring}

{if $smarty.request.category_id}

{assign var=“filter_qstring” value=“$filter_qstring&subcats=Y”}

{if $settings.General.show_products_from_subcategories == “Y”}

{assign var=“extra_query” value=“&subcats=Y”}

{assign var=“reset_qstring” value=“$reset_qstring&subcats=Y”}

{/if}

{/if}

{*

{assign var=“fh” value=$smarty.request.features_hash}

{foreach from=$items item=“filter” name=“filters”}

{foreach from=$filter.ranges name="ranges" item="range"}

• {strip}
    {if $range.selected == true}
    {$range.range_name|fn_text_placeholders}
    {else}
    {/if}
    {/strip}

• {/foreach}

{/foreach}
*}
{/if}

- Select Manufacturer -
{foreach from=$items item="filter" name="filters"}
{foreach from=$filter.ranges name="ranges" item="range"}
{/foreach}
{/foreach}

```

[b]sno is still waiting for donations for the invoicing and helpdesk addons, anyone hear? hello?[/b]

Once again Sno is a genius. This works great. Thank you very much Sno, I really appreciate it.

Brandon

Good old sno. Now I’ll tell the developers to stop work.

Pat on the back for both brandon and sno!!!

Way to go, old quote “cs cart rocks” because of the efforts of you guys!

BarryH :lol:

[quote name=‘roban’]Good old sno. Now I’ll tell the developers to stop work.[/QUOTE]

Don’t do that! We still want this solution included in future versions - as it should have been in the first place.

Bob

Yep. Thanks Brandon and Sno. Another example of the great CS-Cart community.

This will be very helpful for carts that have a lot of manufacturers.

Bob

okay there is one problem which i can’t understand how to solve.

The problem is in attachment you can see i want to write their “Shop by price” instead of Manufacture.

Second how should i make another product filters with the name of “Shop by Manufactures”, like Microsoft, Adobe, Corel etc.

Looking reply here.

price.jpg

The developers want $160.00 for this.

[quote name=‘miracles’]The problem is in attachment you can see i want to write their “Shop by price” instead of Manufacture.[/QUOTE]

Change the part in red to “- Select price -”:

```php

[COLOR="Red"]- Select Manufacturer -[/COLOR]
{foreach from=$items item="filter" name="filters"}
{foreach from=$filter.ranges name="ranges" item="range"} ```

Bob

[quote name=‘roban’]The developers want $160.00 for this.[/QUOTE]

The developers should add this without charge; it worked this way in prior versions.

It is fine to improve things but the “improved” way does not work well for people with many manufacturers. They should make the display format a choice - list or selectbox - in order to fix this.

Bob