We purchased CS-CART only to receive an legal threat

We purchased CS-CART only to receive an legal threat from you that we had not purchased it.

We have one shop of products and a purchased license for it.

We are not happy about this.

At least have the common decency to ask what our license reference is before sending a ****ty email out.

Why don’t you send an email directly to CS-Cart rather than a forum post

Support doesn’t monitor forum :slight_smile:

Hope you will not get idea that “CS Dev Team” would mean being some employee of theirs or something…

[quote name=‘Darius’]Support doesn’t monitor forum :slight_smile:

Hope you will not get idea that “CS Dev Team” would mean being some employee of theirs or something…[/QUOTE]

I must admit, when I see a member that says “member dev team” that that means the person is in fact an “officlal” of the cs development team.

If thats NOT the case, maybe forum members shouldnt call themselves members of the dev team…

how about… junior member,member, senior member… guru member…

Member of the development team… means just that…

Just my 5p worth !

Regards

Nige

[quote]

If thats NOT the case, maybe forum members shouldnt call themselves members of the dev team…

[/quote]

The titles are automatically generated by the forum depending on how many post you have sent.

Looks like the titles have now been changed.

[quote name=‘nigelt’]I must admit, when I see a member that says “member dev team” that that means the person is in fact an “officlal” of the cs development team.

how about… junior member,member, senior member… guru member…

Member of the development team… means just that…

Just my 5p worth !

Regards

Nige[/QUOTE]

Pardon, I became a guru now :smiley:

Guru doesn’t sound cool…

Titles are like a–holes. Everyone has one.

[quote name=‘baballuci’]The titles are automatically generated by the forum depending on how many post you have sent.[/QUOTE]

This is extremely misleading as I had always thought that a “Senior Member” or “CS Expert” was someone who really knew what they were doing. However, if the titles are automatically generated depending on the number of posts the person has made, even if they have no idea about CS-Cart, they are given the title of “Expert”.

Surely this should be changed. It is only recently I have started to wonder about the titles with certain people asking lots of questions when they are marked on the forum as a CS Expert.

Just my two cents worth, but the titles are very misleading.

And now there will probably be people posting all over the forum just to gain their “promotion” in their title.

And it looks as though I have just been upgraded to an expert, even though I most definitely am not!

[quote name=‘Lyn’]And it looks as though I have just been upgraded to an expert, even though I most definitely am not![/QUOTE]

But you are two post closer to becoming a guru :slight_smile:

Maybe the forum moderators could bestow a different title on the people who actually are CS-Cart experts and do show a fair bit of knowledge of the cart, such a title to be given only by the moderators and not based on the number of posts. It is fairly obvious from reading the forums who the experts are.

Or maybe the “experts” could apply to the moderators for such a title. That way you would know they do actually know what they are talking about and, by applying for the title, you would also know they are happy to give their assistance.

And now I feel self conscious about posting as people might think I am just trying to work my way to being a guru!

To be really honest I don’t want the halo of users asking me for free-assistance… I’d rather just assist where I want and not be judged upon as a CS-God.

I’m not suggesting you would have to give free assistance.

And CS-Cart God??? Maybe the step above Guru?

[quote name=‘Lyn’]I’m not suggesting you would have to give free assistance.

And CS-Cart God??? Maybe the step above Guru?[/QUOTE]

I receive many PM for assistance and so on, there should be no titles at all unless you want to have one. In user CP there could be a custom field for custom title :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]To be really honest I don’t want the halo of users asking me for free-assistance… I’d rather just assist where I want and not be judged upon as a CS-God.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Jesse you want or not but you r becoming a non paid part time cs employee :slight_smile:

I don’t know about anyone else, but I have appreciated the post and help from the gurus, admins and others on the forum over the years! The community at CS has been awesome and very helpful. Whenever I can I try to post answers to questions to try to help future generations of CS users.

As for the title, does it really matter what we are called? Oh my. Again, it is a forum, not the actual CS “help” area. :confused:

Bottom line is a “license” issue is never handled through a “forum” of any forum that I have been a member of. It is always handled by the manufacturer/publisher. So a forum is not the place to get this kind of help anyway…gurus or no gurus.

That’s just my 2 cents worth. :wink:

So is this Forum an official forum for CS-cart or a hobbyist support forum?

Do the coders of CS-cart read this forum?

It’s hosted under the cs-cart.com domain so we had presumed it was an official forum operated by the manufacturer?

We have installed one version of cs-cart onto one server in one directory with one set of products and paid for one license. We have made some nice modifications to the code to allow users to login as end users, wholesalers or resellers. According to an email from cs-cart we need multiple licenses now to operate one installation of cs-cart running on one IP address.

So for example, if we have 500 resellers (all using one store), will we be required to pay for 500 licenses? Each resller simply has a changed logo on the landing home page, everything else is identical becase we operate a single store.

For example if a shop uses abcshop.com and abchop.net to get to the SAME SHOP, does this mean cs-cart users are required to pay TWO licenses, or ONE?

The license is issued per domain!

2 domains means 2 licenses.

[quote name=‘Noman’]The license is issued per domain!

2 domains means 2 licenses.[/QUOTE]

For a domain that hosts the cart not redirects to…