Home page change

Hello.

I left the home page content empty, and added a “Featured Products” block, however, it still says “Welcome”. How can I remove it? (image)

Thanks

Open \skins[Your skin]\customer\views\index\index.tpl

Replace the following code:

{hook name="index:index"}
{$lang.text_welcome}
{capture name="mainbox_title"}{$lang.welcome}{/capture}
{/hook}
with this one:

{*hook name="index:index"}
{$lang.text_welcome}
{capture name="mainbox_title"}{$lang.welcome}{/capture}
{/hook*}
After this, go to admin panel and change the wrapper of Central Content in Blocks->Home Page to --.

[quote name=‘cartier’]Hello.

I left the home page content empty, and added a “Featured Products” block, however, it still says “Welcome”. How can I remove it? (image)

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Have you read trial version restrictions?

[QUOTE]3.3 Restrictions.

You agree that you will not assign, sublicense, transfer, pledge, lease, rent, or share your rights under this License Agreement. Licensee may not remove or alter any trademark, [COLOR=“Red”]logo[/COLOR], copyright or other proprietary notices, legends, symbols or labels in the Software.[/QUOTE]

From picture it looks like a live store to me.

[quote name=‘Darius’]Have you read trial version restrictions?

From picture it looks like a live store to me.[/QUOTE]

It’s not a live store yet. I will buy the license before going live (and PM you the link).

I had changed the image (logo), and didn’t remove any copyright notices. The image that comes with the skin just says “ComputerShop.com”. Any other logos or links to CS-Cart are NOT removed.

I fully respect software licenses. I’m a programmer myself, and build sites for many clients using my own cart code before ecommerce was called ecommerce!

I modified the language file to edit the welcome word, couldnt find the code

Have you tried changing the style of the block for central content on the Home Page. Wrapper syle “–” removes the Welcome Header. No need to change any code.

If you go into languages and search for Welcome, just remove it. Worked for me.

[quote name=‘roban’]If you go into languages and search for Welcome, just remove it. Worked for me.[/QUOTE]

Wow! That’s a super non-trivial place to look for text that’s on the homepage of my site. This is a templating bug in my estimation. New users are not going to know where to look to find that text.

William

I think what’s missing is the most important bit of advice that’s buried in the comments above.

ALL text changes can be made in the Languages file, which actually holds the string values for the template variables. There’s over 4k of them and all can be edited there, w/o any other code change.

I’ve been looking for this for days. It’s completely skipped in the user guide.Sheesh.

I hope this is all you needed.

Gary

worked like a charm, thank you