promotions, 2.0 category exclusion??

I wanted to check here before I reported a bug, but the “not in” does not really work.

I want to set up a promotion where you get free shipping if you spend $100 in all categories except category x. So I set up a promotion with conditions:

Group: all conditions are true

not in: category x

order total: $100

Now when I test it, I don’t get free shipping if I buy $101 of category x

BUT

if I add 1 item for $5 that is not in category x, I get fee shipping!

Shouldn’t it not include the $101 in category x?

I don’t know if

a) I set it up wrong (I really don’t get what “groups” do)

b) a bug

c) intentionally programmed with poor forethought

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

I would report this as a bug in the Bug Tracker (although they may have designed it to work this way). At the very least, items in the excluded category should not count towards minimum order total.

I would prefer that if an order contains excluded items that shipping is charged on those items and that shipping fees for the included items depend on whether or not the order minimum is met by only the included items. Otherwise, full shipping should be charged.

Bob

thanks… will post to bug tracker

I’m rather annoyed. My bug was switched to “feature request”. In my opinion, it’s a bug because the functionality in this case does not differ between “all” to be “true” and “any” to be true. It basically makes the promotions option impossible to use when you have most items in house and a few that are drop shipped.

[quote name=‘moka’]I’m rather annoyed. My bug was switched to “feature request”. In my opinion, it’s a bug because the functionality in this case does not differ between “all” to be “true” and “any” to be true. It basically makes the promotions option impossible to use when you have most items in house and a few that are drop shipped.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

You might want to open a ticket to make your case. I am not sure that they check items which have been marked closed, fixed or feature request with any regularity.

Bob

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I’m new here testing CS-Cart v2.1.2, and I had an issue. A search brought me to this thread.

Has this bug been fixed in my version?

I’d like that when someone’s cart total is > ($X from items in X categories) then $x discount is applied regardless if there are items in the cart from categories other than the categories specified.

Is this possible? I can’t seem to get it working?

Thanks for your response :slight_smile:

Having the same problem, and i totally agree with TS.

This must not be marked as feature request, but rather as a bug bu bad design.

it's to bad CS programmers think as programmers only, not as end users of their software.

[quote name='Youlikeit' timestamp='1322093491' post='126664']it's to bad CS programmers think as programmers only, not as end users of their software.

[/quote]

This isn't really unique to CS-Cart, this is how virtually the entire software industry works. It's exactly the reason why you get beta versions, public testing and feedback - without it, a programmer, nor a program tester, with the best will in the world, could test and ensure functionality is included for every physical user input.

Alas, which version of the cart are you running? I tested this on my development site and don't seem to have the same issue with CS Cart Professional 2.2.3.